TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

3. We're adding to Splashin' Safari to try to get ahead of the crowds. That's the park that needs capacity attention right now. RhinoBlaster is a people eater.

People eaters are good!

I can't wait to get to Holiday World, and it's awesome that the water park continues to grow and add high capacity rides, as low capacity water slides are my biggest problem with water parks in general.

Congrats Holiday World!

An addition to your water park every year since 2002 (if you count Pilgrims Plunge)

2002- ZOOMbabwe

2003- Zinga

2004- Jungle Racers

2005- Bahari Wave Pool

2006- Bahari River

2007- Bakuli

2008- Kima Bay

2009- Giraffica (if you count it)

2010- Wildebeest

2011- Safari Sam's SplashLand

2012- Mammoth

2013- RhinoBlaster!

Thanks for making your water park amazing for all families. My family will return in 2013 for sure!

Kudos to Holiday World for adding more fun. On another note did I also read or see somewhere that this year on Mammoth that they'll be adding the same type of straight rafts to it as well as the round ones? I thought I saw in this thread or on the Holidog but it could be my imagination or old age creeping in.

did I also read or see somewhere that this year on Mammoth that they'll be adding the same type of straight rafts to it as well as the round ones?

That was the original plan - to have two types of boats. The concern was the size of the seats on the round boats. We worried about being able to accommodate "fluffy" guests (Dan's term). Turns out the round boats worked out fine and since the"forward" boats needed more design work, we decided to stick with just the round ones.

1. You will be able to can get to Giraffica from either park when Splashin' Safari is open.

BRILLIANT!!!! Utilizing an existing ride to help capacity at the waterpark while still utilizing it as originally intended!!! Love it!!!

I've always loved water rides at theme parks, but HATE getting my clothes wet (especially shoes n socks!!!!). I always say "Why don't they put WET RIDES (rapids, log flumes, etc) in water parks???!!!!" Or make them accessible from either park in the case of hybrid parks.

BRILLIANT!!!!!

I haven't been to HW since 2006 (ouch!!!!), but we LOVED IT THERE and have been talking about going back ever since. We only managed the ride park but were really impressed with what we saw of the water park and were bummed that we didn't have swimwear with us!!! It is a VERY strong possibility that we will make it back in 2013.

A few questions:

1. Are the rapids easily accessible from the water park area? And can you ride them in your bathing suit?

2. Same question regarding the log flume.

3. What is the reasoning that you CANNOT access Giraffica from Thanksgiving if ONLY the ride park is open (Personal curiosity on this one.)???

-Mr Bebe

BRILLIANT!!!! Utilizing an existing ride to help capacity at the waterpark while still utilizing it as originally intended!!! Love it!!!

I've always loved water rides at theme parks, but HATE getting my clothes wet (especially shoes n socks!!!!). I always say "Why don't they put WET RIDES (rapids, log flumes, etc) in water parks???!!!!" Or make them accessible from either park in the case of hybrid parks.

BRILLIANT!!!!!

-Mr Bebe

I'm totally with you on this one. The worst part of a day at a water park to me is waiting in long hot lines for short water slides, and adding wet "amusement park rides" adds a HUGE capacity attraction to alleviate some of those lines. Brilliant idea, surprised more parks haven't tried this in the past.

1. Are the rapids easily accessible from the water park area? And can you ride them in your bathing suit?

2. Same question regarding the log flume.

3. What is the reasoning that you CANNOT access Giraffica from Thanksgiving if ONLY the ride park is open (Personal curiosity on this one.)???

-Mr Bebe

1. No ... and no.

2. Same answer, unfortunately. When those two rides were built we had no idea a water park was in our future - so they were not strategically placed.

3. Because when only the dry park is open, the water park is closed. Since Giraffica is part of the water park, it will close when the water park closes.

Thanks, Paula

-Mr Bebe

1. No ... and no.

Thanks, Paula

What are the "clothing" requirements for the rapids & log flume???

PS - Like most everything else in / or Holiday World related: You're the Most Awesomest PR rep EVAR!!!!

Holiday World has sent us a press release regarding their latest honor, this time given to them in title by US Airways Magazine.

A top in-flight magazine named Holiday World & Splashin' Safari the world’s “Best Amusement Park for Merrymakers” in its October issue.

In US Airways Magazine’s “Hot Spots: Great Getaways” section, six parks from around the world were named “best” in categories ranging from “Best for Daredevils” to “Best for Partiers.” Holiday World’s Voyage roller coaster was listed as a “Don’t Miss” ride.

US Airways Magazine’s monthly readership totals more than three million.

Other unusual titles given to Holiday World over the years include:

• “Best Value Park” – Consumers Digest (2012)
  • “Most Insane Wooden Coaster - Voyage” - Travel Channel (2012)
  • “Nation’s #1 Water Park” – TripAdvisor.com (2011)
  • “Wacky Family Attraction” - Oprah.com (2009)
  • “Cheap Trick” – USA Today (2008)

Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are closed for the season. For more information about plans for 2013, including the new RhinoBlaster and Kitty’s Tea Party, visit HolidayWorld.com.