TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Beto Carrero World - new home to The Chiller (sfgad)

I think this one of the projects I am most excited about for 2013... I think I definitely want to visit Brazil for the first time... I growing interest in the country and being able to ride Chiller would be great as well... though likely would try and make a trip to coincide with the 2016 summer olympics.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, now we have three reasons to visit Brazil: 2014 World's Cup, 2016 Summer Olympics, and the newly built and much more improve Chiller.

But I was fortunate to ride my one and only ride on the Chiller ( Batman side ) when I visited Six Flags Great Adventure. This was the first coaster that I ever got to experience the top hat inversion, the same inversion that I will be riding again and again with Mr. Freeze.

So if Brazil didn't buy this coaster so they could use the extra metal for their Olympic stadium, I hope they can get this coaster running again, and once again become a cool ride ( if you pardon the pun ).

"I'm not perfect; I just love to ride!"

I worked at the Chiller back in 2002 during a work experience program and I worked with company that sold the coaster to Beto Carrero World. I spent 45 days in NJ puting the pieces in containers to ship them to Brazil.

Sorry to say this, but the in-line twists are gonne. I would have brouht them if I could.

About the LIM motors: we did not test them yet, but most of them are supposed to be working, since they were stored in a warehouse, protected from the weather.

But it is gonna take some time before you see the coaster running again. There is a looooot of work to be done on the electric panels and power station, besides, Beto Carrero World is focusing on their Madasgascar and Shrek new areas right now.

I'm guessing we'll only be able to ride the Chiller again by late 2013, but still in time for the FIFA World Cup.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...
aafatif

© = Lucas Ferraz, rcdb.com

2 year old picture. This ride is far beyond repair by now.

Thanks Beto-Carrero...

Thank the corrupt Brazilian Workers Party and Dilma Rousseff for crashing the Brazilian economy

aafatif

Thanks Beto-Carrero...

Trust me: this is this paint. The steel is pretty thick and can be easily repainted. The controls, motors and trains are stored in a wearhouse. The cost to rebuild the coaster including refurb, repaint and electrical is estimated in 5M USD.

aafatif

Thanks Beto-Carrero...

Thank the corrupt Brazilian Workers Party and Dilma Rousseff for crashing the Brazilian economy

It doesn't have anything to do with politics. Shouldn't talk about what you don't know