TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

silver_dollar_city_9_68.jpg

That picture and a few other of the low lying turns with only 1 wooden support holding them up have me really uneasy. Just doesn't seem like it can hold the forces of the trains, especially in the turns when there will be higher G's. 1 crack that goes un-noticed can end in disaster.

Other than that, the ride looks outstanding and crazy. I can't wait to hear the reviews and to see testing footage.

I really hope there wouldn't be any forces on the brake run that would necessitate stronger supports. Also, do you really think that RMC doesn't know what they're doing? They probably planned the hell out of this ride. Gotta make a good first impression (as far as wooden coasters go).

Right, okay. So it's a double-down and -up, but not in the traditional sense. It just so happens to go down twice and up twice, more or less.

Basically, yeah. I'm pretty sure that the double-down counts as long as the second valley is lower and that the double-up counts as long as the second valley is higher.

As for the structure, low-to-ground turns probably don't need as much support because there's not much distance between the connection point and the ground. The members are most likely stronger in those places.

I'm not going to humiliate myself again, thank you very much!

Just received an email from the park.....all of the track is now in place! Of course the top cover plate must still be attached to the majority if the ride but this is exciting news! Could testing begin before the cold winter sets in? Maybe!

More info can be found at www. Silverdollarcity2013.com

Edited by chadster

I didn't see anyone else post this, but SDC just announced that they finished the track work: link

Edit:

Just received an email from the park.....all of the track is now in place! Of course the top cover plate must still be attached to Tue majority if the ride but this is exciting news! Could testing begin before the cold winter sets in? Maybe!

More info can be found at www. Silverdollarcity2013.com

Dangit. I thought I would be the first to post it, and then you go and post it just before me

Outlaw Run has just blown out of the awesomeness scale.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if Outlaw Run would be better than El Toro.

Well that wouldn't be such a fair comparison. Keep in mind that I haven't had the opportunity to ride El Toro but I seen enough to know that E.T. is an airtime monster... while Outlaw will be a flippin beast! Now if you want to just say overall wooden coaster experience then yea I would agree! Not trying to step on your statement though!

^^I was just gonna say. After looking at that picture again it appears like that 90 degree turn has a slight lump in it. Almost as if they took a small camelback hump and placed it on it's side. Between this element, the barrel rolls, and the GICT. This ride is gonna f*@k up everything we know to exist on a wooden coaster. I can't wait for my SDC spring break next year.

Someone over at Nolimits-Exchange figured out how to make the images larger!

What kind of freaky witchcraft stuff are they doing at RMC???!!!! That looks like something that happens to me in NoLimits when I mess up on a turn radius!!!

No freaking way. You've got to be kidding me. That looks insane!

This looks beyond spectacular.

A small question: will the track after the lift hill have a walkway for the maintenance people to walk the route?

The only topper track coaster I've been on is Tremors, which is one of my favorites. The only way to tell which part is topper track and which part was not was to sit in the front seat and watch the ride very carefully. But this new coaster is new territory for coaster design.

After seeing the enlarged pictures (and thanks to whomever fixed the thumbnails!) I can honestly say with a small tear in my eye, I'm proud to be from Missouri for the first time in my life. This may very well end up being the most intense coaster for your buck ever. Short, but mightly. Damn. I look forward to riding it.

I need to stop listening to what NoLimits nerds tell me about my track shaping in Newton. I knew that it was only a matter of time until someone made a negative-G overbanked turn in real life!