TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

From what I hear, it seems as if the ride, ruins the ride, anything would be an improvement.

I don't know. One side says,Go upsidedown,the other says ,Don't go upsidedown.

What sort of language are you guys speaking????

I'm guessing it's English, spoken in a dialect of those who've ridden too many Arrow loopers and have dain bramage.

From what I hear, it seems as if the ride, ruins the ride, anything would be an improvement.

I don't know. One side says,Go upsidedown,the other says ,Don't go upsidedown.

What sort of language are you guys speaking????

I was saying from everything I read, that Rattlers rough, and unpleasant, and frankly boring. So I was saying, Rattler already ruins itself by being painful/boring. Anything would be an improvement over it.

I would love to see a huge double down from the side of the quarry. They may have added an inversion of some kind since the announcement of Silver Dollar City's coaster. I mean we all know Six Flags likes trying to run up everyone.

^^

Hehe. I really think we're headed for something amazing. Even if we're not, the IH treatment is gonna be a great improvement. After what they've done with NTAG, I'm sure it's gonna be equally as good or better. Hope we hear more on August 30th along with the other parks.

My best guess is on August 30th we will hear something along the lines of..."Fiesta Texas hears the love from Rattler Fans: Will introduce cutting edge technology to re-imagine the ride in 2013 as "Rattler's Revenge: The Rattler Strikes Back!"... Cutting edge technology and engineering will allow the San Antonio park to rebuild the ride as a new wild experience... (Insert some random facts about the technology behind it.... Insert a few random stats...) (Insert Rattler, park history, and Chain info)

I would imagine they are going to build hype and speculation over the layout with the GP as they did with NTAG.

However, that being said I think we will have a pretty good idea of the layout by October based off of construction and stats we are given. There are a lot of people here good at putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

Ryan

^^

Totally agree with how they're going to market it. "rattler is reborn in 2013 to strick back" the upper portion of the ride in sure is where we're going to be seeing the most of the changes and the end as well. Can't wait to hear more news.

^^

Well obviously they can do quite a bit since there's a big wooden helix missing from the ride.

My point was that if they're doing a rehab, rather than just taking down the coaster, at some point they're going to have to do some work that absolutely points toward them modifying it rather than just removing it.

The joke was that since SDC actually had coaster structure in place for months before officially announcing anything, that maybe SFFT can pretend that "there's nothing to see here, move along" even after Iron Horse track starts appearing on site and new track is laid.

Sorry if the point was too obtuse.

Well, it's... a name.

2013 - Iron Rattler - Rumor - (8/23/12) The latest rumors sent my way claim that Rattler will be reborn as “Iron Rattler”. While we’ve seen the park already begin the process of removing the painful triple helix from the top of the cliff, now the first rumors about the new features are starting to trickle in. For starters... how does a barrel roll inversion sound to you? Good I hope, because Rattler is going to have one in 2013. Look for the coaster to also feature new trains from Gerstlauer, very similar to the ones on the Texas Giant, but with their own wicked reptile theme of course. More to come... but I’m already getting very excited about this one.

My point was that if they're doing a rehab, rather than just taking down the coaster, at some point they're going to have to do some work that absolutely points toward them modifying it rather than just removing it.

I'm 100% sure that the average person doesn't pay enough attention to notice one way or another, even if new sections go up during the day while they are visiting the park.

For starters... how does a barrel roll inversion sound to you? Good I hope, because Rattler is going to have one in 2013.

I wonder how long it will be before the novelty of inversions on a wooden or wooden structured roller coaster goes away.

Edited by Ed Farmer

I'm 100% sure that the average person doesn't pay enough attention to notice one way or another, even if new sections go up during the day while they are visiting the park.

With that I think you're wrong. I'm willing to bet money that a lot of people are thinking it's getting taken down when they walk by. People aren't stupid enough to not notice, but they are enough to jump to unnecessary conclusions.

Iron Rattler sounds like a band that should open for Judas Priest.

Still not sure about the whole "barrel roll on a wood coaster" thing. I'm certainly not as excited about this as many people are, but I'll wait to pass final judgement when I actually ride one of these things.

I did really like NTAG, so I'm curious to see what they do with this project. The can't really make Rattler worse than it was at this point.

dt