TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^From my understanding they said it wasn't a B&M at the Q&A , I also don't think anyone ever thought it would be B&M since it has been rumored from day one that it would be a launched coaster with possibly a record breaking inversion. Unless it was a B&M first (incredible hulks launch is not B&M) it has always been assumed to be Intamin or Premier since they are two of the major launch coaster manufacturers.

I believe it will in fact be an Intamin but just b/c I do watch it turn out to be a Premier

It should be a big week for CA coasters next week!

8/27 - SCBB coaster announcement

8/29 - CGA coaster announcement

8/30 - SFMM coaster announcement

9/3? - KBF possible coaster anouncement

I'm so excited, I have my fingers crossed for Intamin on these projects (except CGA).

Went to the park for a bit this morning:

The good: Season Passholder ERT on Tatsu. I didn't ride Tatsu (which was only running 1 train anyway) but did get on the 2nd train (front row) of X2 and didn't have to wait in that god awful line to get in to the park.

The bad: Pretty much everything else. It was already hotter than Hades and they had NO food locations open. You would have thought with Tatsu ERT they would have opened up Katy's Kettle. At 11:30 when I left they had just started opening up food/drink places.

Also, all the water rides didn't open until 11:30 either. I understand this in the winter but not the middle of August.

I did go up to the sky tower as well. Were the slingshot pieces always here? I don't think they were. It also looked as if they were doing some work around the old Deja Vu location (nothing going on near Thrill Shot). I'm guessing this means the ride is going here?

Slingshot.jpg.81b7e9dcde899360f73633397f5ac35c.jpg

It seems every other park besides magic mountain are posting things about a 2013 coaster. MM are keeping quite quiet (officially anyway).

Also, how crowded do you think the park will be this Wednesday? Thanks!

In the middle of the week with a lot of people back in school it should be a breeze.

See I hear Biggest inversion and most launch sections. That's what I have been hearing on the rumors. I agree, I am almost positive it is Intamin. I did heard to look for something similar to Maverick. I think it will be on a bigger scale though. Let's just hope!

I wouldn't put my money on Intamin for this one.

oh wow, what a find! I know there's a chance that it's pure coincidence, but I think there is a HIGHER likelihood of it being an easteregg hint! If this is the case, that's pretty exciting, though I don't know all THAT much about Mack, but I know Sierra sidewinder at KBF is by far my favorite wild mouse/spinning car coaster I have ridden.

If it is indeed Mack, my only hope is that it is significantly faster than bluefire...

I think that was absolutely coincidence and not a Easter egg.

There is actually no real evidence that if would be a Mack. Six flags has no real history with Mack coasters. The only 3 across all Six Flags parks are the Dark Knight things. That doesn't mean it couldn't be but I don't think Mack is a manufacturer that they would necessarily have in mind when building a major coaster.

Except the multiple launch part though, Blue Fire really is sort of a larger scale Maverick type ride. It also has the record for being Europe's tallest launched coaster loop.

After riding Manta in San Diego I'd wouldn't be disappointed at all if the ride turns out to be a Mack launched coaster, in fact I think I'd prefer it even over Intamin, because of the trains. I'd be willing to sacrifice an hydraulic launch if it meant riding in the Mack trains.

Any word on how reliable Manta is? It broke down once when I was at the park, but they got it running again pretty quickly.

Edited by darklingscribe

I really wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a Mack. Alright if you think about Six Flags Mack-rides isn't the first name you call. (More like B&M or Intamin.) But it doesn't mean they won't pick Mack for that reason. Mack can build great launched coasters I see. But I must say I see them pick Intamin faster if it is a launched. Can't wait to the announcement of SFMM for 2013.

I must visit this park as soon as possible ,it looks awesome.

Went to the park for a bit this morning:

The good: Season Passholder ERT on Tatsu. I didn't ride Tatsu (which was only running 1 train anyway) but did get on the 2nd train (front row) of X2 and didn't have to wait in that god awful line to get in to the park.

The bad: Pretty much everything else. It was already hotter than Hades and they had NO food locations open. You would have thought with Tatsu ERT they would have opened up Katy's Kettle. At 11:30 when I left they had just started opening up food/drink places.

Also, all the water rides didn't open until 11:30 either. I understand this in the winter but not the middle of August.

I did go up to the sky tower as well. Were the slingshot pieces always here? I don't think they were. It also looked as if they were doing some work around the old Deja Vu location (nothing going on near Thrill Shot). I'm guessing this means the ride is going here?

When I visited over a week ago the parts were there too. I don't think much as changed to the Deja Vu spot. Well at least the green quene was still there.