The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5236 - CraZantiy Media Day Report!
Users viewing this topic: VegasBaby and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Location: In between Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread!!!

Postby Xceleratorfan96 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Does anyone know the secret to getting flip on Green Lantern???!?!!?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:54 pm

^Bring two ACEr's to the park with you, and have them sit on the other side.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Location: In between Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Postby Xceleratorfan96 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:55 pm

ACErs? Huh? I feel dumb lol

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby coasterking2981 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:59 pm

^American Coaster Enthusiasts. Like TPR, but bigger is some aspects ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Eluc » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:25 am

Hello !
I'm going to LA the first week of September. It'll be my first time in MM and my first time in the US ever. So of course I've got the eternal question... when to go ?
I'll land late on Friday 31th August and I'll leave LA on 7th Sept (Vegas baby!). I was hoping to visit on Tuesday or Wednesday just after the Labor Day but... it's closed ?!!? why the f** such a big park close in early September weekdays ? isn't it suppose to have still hot weather at that time ?
So I've left for choice: Sunday 2nd or Monday of Labor Day 3rd... any advice ?

Riding coaster on weekend and holiday is my absolute nightmare like most of you I guess.
Any local can give me advice for this crucial choice ?
Do I absolutely need a Flash Pass ? Gold or Plat ? Is the Gold Flash Pass allowing you to ride as many time as you want or only one time each coaster ?

PS: sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm reading the forum for a long time but it's my first post... I've just freaked out while organizing my travel so I've post in a rush.
I'm Eluc from Switzerland. Electrical Engineer in railway technologies (like coaster but a little more flat basically) maybe looking foreword to to the coaster industry in the future. Member of ECC, Parc Passion and IAAPA YP.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:14 am

Eluc wrote:Hello !
I'm going to LA the first week of September. It'll be my first time in MM and my first time in the US ever. So of course I've got the eternal question... when to go ?
I'll land late on Friday 31th August and I'll leave LA on 7th Sept (Vegas baby!). I was hoping to visit on Tuesday or Wednesday just after the Labor Day but... it's closed ?!!? why the f** such a big park close in early September weekdays ? isn't it suppose to have still hot weather at that time ?

Riding coaster on weekend and holiday is my absolute nightmare like most of you I guess.
Do I absolutely need a Flash Pass ? Gold or Plat ? Is the Gold Flash Pass allowing you to ride as many time as you want or only one time each coaster ?

PS: sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm reading the forum for a long time but it's my first post... I've just freaked out while organizing my travel so I've post in a rush.
I'm Eluc from Switzerland. Electrical Engineer in railway technologies (like coaster but a little more flat basically) maybe looking foreword to to the coaster industry in the future. Member of ECC, Parc Passion and IAAPA YP.

The Flash Pass is good all day as many times as you want on all coasters (Except X2 which is $10 per line skip, and I hear LL and Green Lantern are Platinum Flash Pass Only) but on those two days I doubt you will really need it unless there's some special event. The last time I went to the park on a September weekday everything other than X2 and Tatsu were a complete walk-on the entire day. If you get there and its really busy you can always buy a flash pass at the park.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:09 am

Eluc wrote:Hello !

If I had to pick between the two days I would pick Monday. Most kids are already back in school or will be starting the following day. Anyone on vacation for the 3 day holiday will be heading home. I would think that crowds will thin out later in the day. Just my opinion, no hard facts.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JonnyRCT3 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:15 am

I've decided not to get pumped for this "YOLOcoaster project". I was at first, but then it hit me "Worlds largest Vertical Loop", it seems the mountain only cares about inversions, it already has 30+. This saddens me :cry: . Now if it has a good twisty layout, like I305/Mav. This will be a must for 2013/14 :lmao:

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LaMapa » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:19 am

CharlieT. wrote:Quick question. If you are delayed at the top of Lex, do any operators let guests know through the speakers at the top of the tower, or do you just suddenly drop without notice? I should be visiting the park in September and look forward to getting on the new ride but being stuck up there freaks me out a bit.

Yes they do. Yesterday they said "Attention, you will be dropping momentarily. Be ready to drop! Then after another 45 seconds or so, it dropped randomly and actually scared me!

^^ It's a $15 up charge for X2 (only available on Gold and Platinum, and $15 for Lex Luthor (Platinum only). Green Lantern is now available for ALL Flash Pass levels with no up charge, which is really clogging the line lately.

And I would recommend Monday, the 3rd to go. Usually the actual day of the holiday is much emptier than the preceding weekend. Especially now since most of the kids will be back in school by then. I went on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and my longest wait was 40 minutes for Goliath. So you probably won't need a Flash Pass.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coasternut » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:07 am

LaMapa wrote:I also saw Bonnie Rabjohn out talking to guests this morning just after opening. It seemed very welcoming and friendly to enter the park this morning! She was with Sue Carpenter.

Overall great day!

Wow the "Ice Queen" actually speaking with the "commoners." :wtf: Maybe the end of time is near!
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

PreviousNext