TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Did anyone else get the survey that Magic Mountain sent out?

Yes, I got the Six Flags Loyalty Program Survey (in the words of Tmcdllr, a food survey ) ....darn, I was hoping something related to the 2013 coaster!

Me too! Did you get the survey about full throttle i didn't and nobody really posted what it said and its killing me!

^

I didn't get the Full Throttle survey either...but something interesting was asked on this survey. They asked about an invitation to a '2013 Season Grand Opening Party'. Hmmm, I wonder what they meant by that?? I'm hoping 'Grand' has something to do with the record breaking coaster SFMM is getting...Aug. 30 is too far away, spill the beans already, SixFlags! lol!

You can still obtain some airtime in the back of Goliath on the first drop.

The last car has great airtime on the first drop! With the lap bars and no stapling it's good. Also the hill after the picture (before the MCBR) has sustained airtime of nearly 6 seconds in the back! Maybe I'm giving away a secret, but I'm tried of all the whining about no airtime at the Mountain.

Also "Pocky" has airtime all over the ride. Again I like it in the back car. That's why I love GCII woodies.

You can still obtain some airtime in the back of Goliath on the first drop.

The last car has great airtime on the first drop! With the lap bars and no stapling it's good. Also the hill after the picture (before the MCBR) has sustained airtime of nearly 6 seconds in the back! Maybe I'm giving away a secret, but I'm tried of all the whining about no airtime at the Mountain.

Also "Pocky" has airtime all over the ride. Again I like it in the back car. That's why I love GCII woodies.

There's also some floater air on Riddler's Revenge, the back car on Viper's first drop, and of course, Superman. Obviously, the park needs way more, but there certainly is airtime at the park.

No one is arguing against the fact that SFMM has no airtime (they just built the world's tallest drop tower), but no coaster on the mountain provides consistent airtime throughout the ride. I have never gotten any airtime on pocky beyond the first tunnel, aside from one small pop exiting the fly through. I would, as everyone else, like to see a coaster that provides airtime throughout the entire ride, and not a pop here and there.

I just wish the park would 'avoid inversions'.

Manta has far more airtime than anything at Magic Mountain. Doesn't make it a bad park. I still don't understand why people obsess over the fact that the park doesn't meet their "airtime quota". So what? I'll take a pitch black night ride on Goldrusher over a day ride on Goliath.

Just because a ride lacks airtime doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. I don't get how people keep saying ride ABC or ride 123 isn't that great because there isn't airtime, or that the park isn't good because their coasters are inversion focused.

^I think what they're trying to say is that every park should have at least one ride that delivers airtime throughout the course, whereas no ride at Magic Mountain (one of the biggest Six Flags parks), doesn't have that.

It's not going to happen, but think how awesome it would be if they got something similar to El Toro.

I just wish the park would 'avoid inversions'.

No need for that. It's possible to have inversions and airtime!

We all know what happens when this park tries to "avoid inversions". (Green Lantern issues)

Not a good idea.

How bad will the crowds be next weekend on average? I'm going to be taking a friend to the park for the first time, and she and I want to hit as many rides as possible. I was looking at the Gold Flash Pass, but is that even necessary? I haven't been to the park in August in seven years.

^^ Saturday or Sunday? Yesterday was dead for a Sunday. 20 minutes for X2 and 10 for Goliath all day. Saturday I recommend a Gold Flash Pass, Sunday you should be fine. Just follow this plan:

RUN to X2 (if it opens on time or within 2-3 minutes, ride it! If it isn't open during this time, continue to Tatsu.)

Tatsu

Superman

Apocalypse

Riddlers Revenge

Green Lantern Single Rider

Batman

Lex Luthor Single Rider

Colossus

Scream

Goliath

X2 (if you haven't already been on, or you want a second ride, go here around 4-4:30 and get in line).

Viper and anything else