TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Okay, those rides would be huge but it's something Valleyfair needs, and I didn't look at what those rides cost the parks.

Valleyfair needs a kiddie play area for the waterpark, a new coaster with a 42" height requirement, and a new maze to help with the insane crowds last year at ValleyScare.

That giant vacant area on the left walking towards Steel Venom that is only being used for part of Wild Thing's turnaround?

A smaller sized Windseeker would fit amazingly there.

It would fit well, but I don't see how that would help round out the park.

Inside Wild Things turnaround would be a better fit anyways.

That giant vacant area on the left walking towards Steel Venom that is only being used for part of Wild Thing's turnaround?

That's what I meant

It's a very well-rounded park already though. Great kids area, a solid blend of modern and older flats. Really, the only thing that would make it better is if they could get a multi-looper in there, possibly where Excalibur is. I mean, it's a really interesting ride for the fact that its only one of two like it, but its also really boring and taking up a lot of room that could go towards something much better.

In Excalibur's spot they could put a Intamin Blitz Coaster similiar to Maverick, even it could have the twisted horseshoe roll and maybe one or two more inversion, Valleyfair! is a very good overall park, good selection of roller coasters but it needs to take out Excalibur and put in something way better. Just my take on it.

^That is where Dinosaurs Alive will be going so no major coaster will go there. Believe me during CoasterCraze we spotted the blue prints since they had them out in a room and were working on them while we were getting a tour of the physical plant. So Dinosaurs Alive in confirmed for 2012.

Oh I should also add that a rumor is starting to go around about Excalibur and Thunder Canyons days are numbered for a major Soak City expansion. Though I am not sure on when this would be and if it will be a multi year expansion.

I read the park had to get special permission for Wild Thing and Power Tower, but I'm sure if they could get permission for Power Tower, they can get permission for a slightly shrunken Windseeker.

^That is where Dinosaurs Alive will be going so no major coaster will go there. Believe me during CoasterCraze we spotted the blue prints since they had them out in a room and were working on them while we were getting a tour of the physical plant. So Dinosaurs Alive in confirmed for 2012.

Hey there dude! Last time I checked the Dino Party wasn't going into the Go-Kart spot, but rather into Antique Autos. As I'm sure you're aware this spot has some actual differences in terrain and enough shrubbery to get the blood flowing. Don't know how scary Rexy would be in the middle of an open field. Look for Picnic Cove to be changed around a bit for next year as well...

As a first time visitor, I was surprised at how small it was. Anyway, I was relaxing on one of the lounge chairs in soak city when I saw the Wild Thing get stuck due to a power outage. I also watched the very talented Life Guard Ladies of Soak City in their rendition of silent dance in the form of the Cupid Shuffle followed by the Macarena. Even though the park closed early, I managed to do everything I wanted, so all in all, a very good day for me. Maybe not so much for the poor people who were stuck on the ferris wheel or had to climb nearly 200 ft. down the stairs of Wild Thing.

• 2 weeks later...
I read the park had to get special permission for Wild Thing and Power Tower, but I'm sure if they could get permission for Power Tower, they can get permission for a slightly shrunken Windseeker.

The special permission that you recall is correct. It is due to the fact that the park is directly in the approach path for the Flying Cloud Airport runway 36 (north of the river, for the GoogleEarth gurus amongst you). Any Windseeker would need to be more than slightly shrunken, as Wild Thing was decreed to be the tallest thing they would be allowed to build, when they asked for FAA permission for it.

^ You know except for Power Tower which is about 70 feet taller than Wild Thing. If the park wanted to move Power Tower closer to say the Go-Karts or Excalibur they could have gone taller, but if you ever go to Flying Cloud you can see that Power Tower is in pretty much the exact line as one of the runways. They can go taller as long as it's not in the middle of the park.

^This is correct but those areas also do have their own height restriction but from what I understand It’s over 350ft that the restriction is since the restriction tapers up as it goes away from the direct flight path.

And soon there will be plenty of room over in the Mini Golf and Track area as those to attractions will be removed. There is just to much land over there to not do something large in the next few years.

Yeah from the rumblings I have heard the new GM wants to make it into Picnic Grounds. I can’t see a coaster going in that area anyways since you got Steel Venom in the way as well as Wild Thing.

Oh and as of yesterday (Sunday Aug 26th) Antique Autos is officially closed forever….

Hello Dinosaurs Alive!

Edited by Topdrag

Antique Autos is really the only (and best) place to put the Dino's exhibit, not that I like the idea but at least the park is getting something new. Maybe just maybe the Dino's Alive will bring enough people and cash into the park that Cedar Fair goes ahead and builds a new coaster, but I live in the real world and know a new coaster isn't going to come to VF anytime soon.

^The dumplings? I've heard of the Lemon Chill Guy, but I didn't know different parts of Asian cuisine was handing out insights as well. Oh, well. You learn something new everyday

haha Yeah I was half asleep when I posted and I guess OS X auto corrected wanted to play tricks on me last night. Oh well it happens.

Also from what I understand the season pass sales were doubles from last year which is very good! The park has also been quite busy! Heck Excailibur has had 11 days where they were operating with 2 trains! I know I haven’t seen it run that 2 that many days in a long, long time. Most years they are lucky to get 4 or 5 days. The park has definitely felt busier than previous years as well over the past two months and they are expecting Haunt to be extremely busy.