TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

3am. Peaceful sleeping to be had but now wide awake due to the wonderful sounds of road construction and Jack hammers right out my bedroom window... I'd like to thank my lovely city for their excellent planning with this project and would take on hearing a coaster with screaming riders right outside my office window during a work day any day compared to this.

Facebook Timeline...

Yeah yeah, I know the argument that everyone eventually grows to love the new formats after several months of use, but Timeline has been around for months and I still think it looks ugly and it takes longer for it to load than the former format. Also, this "forcing upon" business feels almost threatening. But, this bitching is pretty pointless since I'm going to keep using Facebook anyway. I have no counterargument for the "If you don't like it, why don't you stop using it?" approach.

^Oh trust me, me and most of my friends have been steering clear of that dreaded button for some time. Timeline snuck up on me 100%. Apparently my profile looks fine for everyone else, but it will revert to Timeline in a week. I wish you both the best of luck in evading the Timeline contagion.

^Oh trust me, me and most of my friends have been steering clear of that dreaded button for some time. Timeline snuck up on me 100%. Apparently my profile looks fine for everyone else, but it will revert to Timeline in a week. I wish you both the best of luck in evading the Timeline contagion.

It's getting harder. FB keeps throwing more and more "suggestions" of Timeline every day. But I shall keep fighting the good fight to keep my page in its correct format!

Timeline isn't too bad really. I like the layout and the ability to customize everything. I got it during the developer preview to avoid having to deal with it months later when it was rolled out to everyone. I'm pretty much used to the layout right now so it's not that big of a deal.

Maybe it's just me, but Facebook changes really aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

Dragons Challenge, not duelling, AT ALL!!!!

What? Thats the whole point of the ride and now they set them of at completely random times. I was looking forward to that aswell.

They describe it as a "chase" now rather than a duel.

Maybe it's just me, but Facebook changes really aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

Timeline is a pretty big switch compared to most. Honestly, what irritates me is this: Who the hell ever complained about the old Facebook walls? What on earth was wrong with them? They were simple to read, easy to use, and very well organized in a chronological fashion. Timeline, imo, is none of those things.

I know it's insignificant in the scheme of things, but the whole change to Timeline really does bother me.

Since we're ranting, people that fight Facebook changes like they aren't going to have to switch anyway are just silly. Plus, Timeline is the best thing to happen to this site in a long, long time as far as I'm concerned.

Now, the "read" messages being sent to people I don't want to talk to when they message me...that's another story.

I wonder how people would feel if Facebook still had their original timeline, where anybody could edit anybody else's posts.

That sounds terrifying and absolutely awesome, both in equal measure.

I never had a problem with it. Basically the original layout (this was back in early 2005) had a text box that functioned as your wall. People would simply come and write messages on it. The bigger problem was when somebody would write on your wall and forget to put their name on the post, because then you had no idea who had left you a post.

• 2 weeks later...

Screw you, Taylor Swift, for giving "Our Song" such an unnecessarily complex bassline.

I figured I could learn it in 10-15 minutes for the band I'm in, at the singer's request.. but noooo, I have to take another day to pick it apart and figure out every note on my own, since there are ZERO bass tabs or fan covers online to help me.

And that means I... ugh... have to listen to the song over and over again.

Or South Georgia. People in HELL are making fun of us...(between afternoon monsoons that is )

I was in Savannah half of this week for work and it is by far the hottest place on the planet in August, yeesh. I played 9 holes of golf starting at 6:30 pm and was soaked in sweat by hole 5, couldn't even hold onto the club at that point, it was awful. The boiler room I was working in all week was around 100 degrees and it felt cool compared to the outside! Awful, I feel for ya man.

Try being in north Georgia. There's a reason why we're called Hotlanta.

I lucked out in Atlanta this year with decent temperatures throughout much of the day (and at SFOG the day before). Plus, even during the hottest parts it didn't seem humid at all.

DC in late July, on the other hand...now that was Hell with a capital H. (Well, I was at SFA, after all...)