TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

A launch would be cool as long as it's got more track than verbolten. That ride just doesn't seem worth the wait. To short

Have you even ridden it?

Anyways, seems like "Full Throttle" (if everything is true) is a test to see if launch coasters are well-received/are a good investment, and then they'll dish out more launchers to other parks. I remember reading that a SFGadv poll asked what they'd like to see in the park, and one of the options was a 70+ mph launch coaster, and SFNE also asked if guests would like to see a launcher too. (Though seeing as it's SFNE I couldn't see them getting anymore than a clone of S:UF ) From all that, I'd say a launcher is possible for 2014 and beyond.

Anyone know if you can use multiple of the "bring a friend for 9.99" coupons that season pass holders get when they purchase their pass. I want to bring a few friends to the park, but they don't have a season pass and will only be coming once this year so it doesn't make sense for them to spend the money on one.

Anyone know if you can use multiple of the "bring a friend for 9.99" coupons that season pass holders get when they purchase their pass. I want to bring a few friends to the park, but they don't have a season pass and will only be coming once this year so it doesn't make sense for them to spend the money on one.

You can use one BAF for $9.99 per Season Pass. If they are only visiting once, I recommend purchasing the additional tickets online 3-days in advance to save $20.

If I didn't have band camp the day after, I SO would have attended Deep South Bash. Oh well. I'm going to try for East Coast Bash at KD... Cross my fingers my dad doesn't plan anything before that.

I think I might be coming to is SFOG soon!! But I wanted to know how is Goliath running. Back in 2010 it was really rough and rattly in the back and I thought I caught the ride on a bad day. So how is it this year is it better ..or worse??

^Noooo Because I rode it 4 times back in 2010. The first time and second time was okay. Then the 3rd and 4th time it was really bad!!! It gave me a headache!!! But also how is Ninja?? Back in 2007 it tried to kill me!!!

It's BAD! You know a coaster sucks when the ride is rough before the lift hill.

Hmmm - I rode Goliath multiple times in April and didn't find it rough at all! There was some rattling going on, but it was sound more than actual feeling.

GASM was running wonderfully this spring and the old GASM train from NJ on Ninja actually made quite a difference to me. I pretty much enjoyed the ride!

Finally - I absolutely LOVED Daredevil Dive. By far my favorite Eurofighter to date.

D.

My rides on Goliath last year could be best described as this:

The first ride, during the day, myself & two others were subjected to a nasty vibration/rattle that was painful- even to me. As in: teeth were rattling. However, at night it was a different story all around: In the front, the ride was amazingly smooth and provided a decent ride all around. The rear was good (Not -quite- as good as the front, but that's my preferences) and equally as smooth. I never noticed any rattles or such.

I'll be there in less than two weeks, so hopefully I'll be able to see if there's a difference year over year; hopefully it will provide as good a journey now as then.

(That is if I get away from Mindbender...)