TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parc Asterix Discussion Thread

There's negatives forces on the first drop, near zero-g at the top of the Dive loop, of the loop and of the immelman ; a pop a air between these two last inversions ; zero-g in the cork-thingy after the plunge under water ; airtime before the last inversion ; a perfect zero-g in the, well, zero-g roll ; and a last tiny pop of airtime after the helix.

You can find Oziris too weak for your tastes, but don't say cr*p either.

If that is how they experienced the ride to be, than sure they can say it.

So they should have say : "We didn't feel any weightless moments" instead of "this is dull there's no forces, neither positive nor negative."

That's not their opinion which bother me, that's the way they express it.

Edited by KingRCT3

"This is dull. There are no forces, neither positive nor negative."

Apparently, that was their opinion.

I suggest you just move on.

Edited by cfc

So they should have say : "We didn't feel any weightless moments" instead of "this is dull there's no forces, nor positives or negatives."

That's not their opinion which bother me, that's the way they express it.

"We didn't feel any weightless moments" is not the same thing as "this is dull there's no forces, nor positives or negatives."

So... it is their opinion that bothers you, since you obviously want them to change it

Sorry, OzIris fans, but I was very disappointed with this new coaster. I should have known better, when the hype machine went all out over Black Mamba a few years ago, claiming it was "better than Nemesis", when it was just another forceless modern B&M invert. I had high hopes for OzIris, and it is certainly a beautiful coaster to look at, and is extremely well themed. But the ride...so slow, so lifeless, just nothing like it was hyped, and certainly again nothing like the sort of ride I had hoped for. Silver Bullet is an apt comparison for this ride.

As for the park, it's a nice park, but the crowds are insane. Any place that gets a 2-3 hour line for one of the worst steel coasters on the planet might be a bit too crowded...

dt

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

The problem with OzIris wasn't that it was forceless, it was how much the European enthusiasts hyped it up! There really is nothing wrong with having a tamer B&M, that looks amazing, and caters to the "general public" audience, who sometimes don't want every roller coaster to be "Nemesis intense."

I 100% refuse to believe that all of those people who claimed OzIris is OMFG THE MOST AMAZING INTENSE RIDE EVER actually felt that way. I believe they just wanted it to be better than it was because it their minds it was the "Montu of Europe", when really it's the "Silver Bullet of Europe" (and hey, a lot of people like Silver Bullet!)

But don't try to fool a group of really seasoned roller coaster riders. I call your bluff. There...I said it!

In summary...OzIris is "fine" and it will do incredibly well for the park. Kudos to B&M and Parc Asterix for creating such a fantastic looking and popular attraction! Well done! But it's not an intense ride at all. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to you and themselves.

--Robb

Hello fellow readers / club members. I didn't react to the FB page because this all drama actually made me laugh. However, since I'm the kind of guy who BELIEVES the trip participants' reviews, it makes me fear for the worst about the future of this coaster. Because I'm ok to believe in the headache Oziris seemed to give to some people, but trust me, I am NOT LYING either when I say it was absolutely glass smooth on opening.(both back and front seats) So, if a coaster can be degraded THAT MUCH in just 3 months, what will it be like in a couple of years ?

As for the coaster's "forcelessness", I remember my own words in my review on opening day: Not Batman intense, that's a certainty. But then again... are there really many B&M inverts that have achieved this level of awesomeness since the Batman / Nemesis era ? MY biggest disappointment with this coaster was its zero G roll, which i would have loved to deliver the same crazy feeling as the one felt on Batman, Khan, Giovanola's "Eurostar" in its early days, and to a lesser extent, Talon and Raptor. On those, I like the feeling of "failed zero G" since you feel like ejected INTO the harness, best inversions on the planet imo (matter of taste)

So maybe there was a kind of "French Hype" that played against the coaster itself. But I'm afraid to say this can also be felt in the other direction too... I believed the hype about SFROS in 2008 and this coaster was a letdown. And I WANTED to fall in love with it, seriously. Maybe I rode it on a bad day (probably !) but to me it felt WAY inferior to Dutch Goliath or EGF. I also think the order in which people ride coasters plays a role: I rode SFNE's hyper just a couple of days after El Toro blew me away (THAT is a forceful ride). So after Katun, no wonder Oziris felt "meh"

I will say, regarding the roughness the TPR trip experienced (I was not on the trip), it's entirely possible for a B&M to have some rattle its opening year. Both Diamondback and Intimidator had rattling going on at various points their first year. Intimidator would just randomly have days where you would catch a bad wheel and have a bumpy ride. Other days it would be glass smooth. Unfortunately, TPR seems to have hit Oz'Iris on a bad day.

Odd to see some negative reviews blaming the ride's performance on 'the european fans hyping it up', the only other coaster I can say I've seen this happen to is Millennium Force. Interesting. Looks like a cool ride with all the elements and theming a coaster fan would want; why let someone else's opinion ruin it? Don't worry, Americans are weird, all internationals should know this

I still can't get over the lines at this park. I mean 2 hours for Goudurix? 3 hours for OzIris? Everything was at least an hour. This park needs to keep adding high capacity rides, or things that suck people up, because it's nearly impossible to get everything done in a day (and there really isn't THAT much to do!)

I'm beginning to think that the premium passes I got will be well worth it (even if they only include about 1/3 the attractions of the cedar point one!)

Don't worry, Americans are weird, all internationals should know this

Yeah, and you wouldn't know anything about way over-hyping an international family ride would you?

Seriously, you don't understand how hearing person after person tell you how great a ride was, then riding it and finding it not great would be a let down?

Like we've all been trying to say, it's a great ride for the park and the GP, but anyone saying it's 'Old School B&M' is either lying or wrong.

What I want to understand is why those of us who rode it in April appear to have had a totally different ride experience to those of you who rode it more recently. Different wheel compound maybe? I'm contemplating going back there for another day trip to see whether the experience really has changed or whether I was seeing things through rose tinted glasses.

I still can't get over the lines at this park. I mean 2 hours for Goudurix? 3 hours for OzIris? Everything was at least an hour. This park needs to keep adding high capacity rides, or things that suck people up, because it's nearly impossible to get everything done in a day (and there really isn't THAT much to do!)

I'm beginning to think that the premium passes I got will be well worth it (even if they only include about 1/3 the attractions of the cedar point one!)

It's incredible how worth it they were. It would be impossible to get everything in without it. It blows my mind...

In NO way would I ever recommend waiting 2 hours for Goudurix. The credit is not worth that line.

Had a good day on sunday, and it wasn't as busy as expected, but was surprised by their loose article policy

all rides except Oziris had a "no loose articles to be left on the platform" rule - even Goudrix with it's 7 inversions of pain and death - my rucksack was flying around the seat - glad i'd put my leg through one of the straps!