TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "GP" of Theme Parks Facebook Thread!

Movieworld posted a picture of four coasters (Manta at SWO, Formula Rossa, Superman Escape and Kingda Ka) asking people to name them.

Superman, lethal weapon, scooby doo, green lanter is that the last
Bottom 2 are superman and green lantern dont know the top 2
sliver bullet knotts button left

It hurts to know stupidity like this exists.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the CGA Facebook:

What is with the line jumping rules? I think it is called cutting and it is more against social etiquete. The people who cut will probably continue to cut regardless of the line jumping postings. Today we were in line for a ride 9 children and myself. Of course I asked if any of the kids had to go before entering the line with out realizing the new posted line jumping rules. (This is a continuous question asked once a parent.) No one had to. Of course 10 minutes later, one of the children had to go to the bathroom. Once in line, I sent the one child since the bathroom was 15 feet away. Well power of suggestion, and five more went and came back to join the line. After we waited another 20 minutes in line, we were told to go to the end of the line. Now it was definitely enforced at that specific ride, so we had to go back to the end of the line. However through out the day we watched time and time again as the line jumping policy was not enforced through out the park and this was not by people entering the line together and going to the bathroom. It was by people catching up to friends that were ahead of them in line.

Is paying for a fast pass just paying to cut in line?

So they're basically admitting that they're violating the park's rules, and failed to realize these so-called 'new rules.' Sorry, but line jumping policies have been there for ages. My understanding as a kid: use the restroom before you go on the ride, and if you decide not to or don't have to, but suddenly have to go in line, just wait it out. If I were the parent, I would have made sure the kids were ready to get in line (as in get their bathroom duties out of the way) and tell them that once in line they can't leave the line unless they aren't going to ride at all.

And yes, I would have probably been annoyed at 6 kids all doing their 'excuse me' routine.

Movieworld posted a picture of four coasters (Manta at SWO, Formula Rossa, Superman Escape and Kingda Ka) asking people to name them.

I kind of understand the first two. I guess in some weird way, they look similar to some of Movieworld's coasters. As for the last one...what?

From the BGW Facebook page:

I can't think of any park that comps guests for a second day because a drop tower was broken down. Plus, he mentions having a "great time" in his first sentence, then launches into a rant about ride breakdowns. Translation: "I had a great time, but it was ruined because your drop tower was broken down. Please give me a free ticket."

Agreed about the compensation. But as for his bi-polar complaint, I can understand as I tend to be like that myself Like at my home park Six Flags Great America - I'm so happy about the variety of great and old rides we have, and how much fun they are, but I'm dead sick of seeing ALL THOSE EMPTY seats go out on stuff like Raging Bull and Superman while there are people waiting in line. I guess you gotta take the good with the bad sometimes

I kind of understand the first two. I guess in some weird way, they look similar to some of Movieworld's coasters. As for the last one...what?

I guess Kingda Ka is green and so is Green Lantern, but I don't see how Manta looks anything like Lethal Weapon and Formula Rossa like Scooby Doo, especially considering Scooby Doo is an indoor wild mouse coaster.

From the CGA Facebook:
What is with the line jumping rules? I think it is called cutting and it is more against social etiquete. The people who cut will probably continue to cut regardless of the line jumping postings. Today we were in line for a ride 9 children and myself. Of course I asked if any of the kids had to go before entering the line with out realizing the new posted line jumping rules. (This is a continuous question asked once a parent.) No one had to. Of course 10 minutes later, one of the children had to go to the bathroom. Once in line, I sent the one child since the bathroom was 15 feet away. Well power of suggestion, and five more went and came back to join the line. After we waited another 20 minutes in line, we were told to go to the end of the line. Now it was definitely enforced at that specific ride, so we had to go back to the end of the line. However through out the day we watched time and time again as the line jumping policy was not enforced through out the park and this was not by people entering the line together and going to the bathroom. It was by people catching up to friends that were ahead of them in line.

Is paying for a fast pass just paying to cut in line?

So they're basically admitting that they're violating the park's rules, and failed to realize these so-called 'new rules.' Sorry, but line jumping policies have been there for ages. My understanding as a kid: use the restroom before you go on the ride, and if you decide not to or don't have to, but suddenly have to go in line, just wait it out. If I were the parent, I would have made sure the kids were ready to get in line (as in get their bathroom duties out of the way) and tell them that once in line they can't leave the line unless they aren't going to ride at all.

And yes, I would have probably been annoyed at 6 kids all doing their 'excuse me' routine.

Y'know, I actually saw some drunk literally piss off the side of the walkway in the Boulder Dash queue last October. I mean, having to use the bathroom is not an excuse to leave and then cut back in, but that sure ain't acceptable either.

Wow, I wonder if that guy got ejected from the park.

Reading the quote I posted made me think of Robb's post on the TPR Facebook page when we all were discussing line jumping behavior:

It's not acceptable even if it's one or two people meeting up. We arrange our group BEFORE we get in line. It's not brain surgery. It's simple common sense. Any sort of line jumping is inexcusable.

Yea, try explaining that to your average joe, you will end up sounding like 'mwah mwamwah mwah mwaah mwamwamwah...' (like in the Peanuts cartoons) and get some puzzled looks to go along with it.

I think that there should be certain exceptions made with small children. Once we had been waiting long in line, when my four year old brother (who has no bladder issues or anything, and who used the restroom before getting in line) just simply had to go about two hours in during the line for Transformers at USH, only a little bit into the main entrance because of breakdowns. My mom took him to the restroom, and came back and was easily let back into the line to catch back up with me because it's a reasonable excuse IMHO. No one in line seemed to mind because there's nothing that could have been done about it. Should the four year old really have been penalized for something like that? He was ecstatic about the ride and would have waited it out if he could have. I don't see why he should be penalized for that. The line wasn't moving anyway and most people were sitting down because the ride was broken down, so it's not like it was a huge disruption anyways.

^ I can see your point. There are always going to be those cases (not too many, mind you) where guests and even enthusiasts will probably think it's acceptable or just let it slide. I for one, understand that kind of thing-- little kids have relatively little bladders.

Employees, on the other hand, are supposed uphold park rules. So if an employee were to see that or if another guest reported it to an employee, then they ask you step out of line, it would be completely within their right and your obligation to obey them. Now, we all know that whether and employee would do that or not is a person-to-person matter.

Point is, from guest standpoint, exceptions can be made. From the authority of the park, they cannot.

There are the few I just look the other way especially if it's right at the station as for the most part, they're getting in line for the front row (which has a longer line) than the back row. There's so many people however who abuse it so much. My cousin and friend actually got the brainy idea a long time back to have our other friends 'hold a spot' for us in a long line at SFDK while we went off and did some other rides. Inside, I was telling myself and ready to tell them that if they want to attempt it, go for it but I can't do it as it's wrong. About 30 minutes later, my friend with us got a call and said for us to come back. I stayed back a bit just to see and sure enough when my cousin and friend pulled the first "Excuse Me," they got denied and scolded by a guest. When they came back to me, I did the classic "I told you so..." and told them that it wasn't going to work as they are essentially cutting and that's a wrong thing to do, especially on a hot, crowded day.

SFMM's Page, "Who is ready to DROP tomorrow?"(Lex Luthor):

imma go at six AM to be the first one there and run 2 the ride
a non-coaster ride at the Mountain? yep....it's 2012 indeed.
me too,i hate roller coasters:)
I want to go wings thrills

You want to go "wings thrills"??

Anaconda at kings dominion. At the top the harness lifted up and there was no seat belt, had to hold on for my life. I felt like boss for making it =D favorite ride ever.
that elevator thing at six flags
American eagle at six flags because the wood is old
America water log there was a little one at the front then as i thought i was getting off there was the biggest one ever behind never been sooooooooo scared in my life
king da ka fastest nd biggest in the world
Bizzaro at Six Flags

This is just a level of a facepalm that my mind cannot even comprehend.

The question was what is the scariest roller coaster.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Not-Falling-Out-Of-A-Roller-Coaster/81797013234

This was posted on CGA's facebook:

thanks to flight deck trapping me on the ride for 20-30 min i am now scared to ride rollorcoasters!!! please do maintenance or whatever you need to do so people arent traumatized. and by the way an apolopgy would have been nice. sorry i will not be renewing my season passes.

I don't know where to even begin with this, don't people know if you go to an amusement park your there is a risk of rides getting stuck? I guess people are just beyond clueless.

You can find the whole thing here: https://www.facebook.com/cagreatamerica

^Oh good, glad you posted that gem. It has since been removed but the quote still lives on here... I can continue to laugh each time I read it

Using her logic, I should then say that Walmart should have given my game to me free since I had to wait 15 minutes + for someone to finally get it out of the cabinet for me.

^Oh good, glad you posted that gem. It has since been removed but the quote still lives on here... I can continue to laugh each time I read it

Using her logic, I should then say that Walmart should have given my game to me free since I had to wait 15 minutes + for someone to finally get it out of the cabinet for me.

And the city of San Jose should reimburse me for gas every time I have to wait at a red light at one of their traffic signals.

• 2 weeks later...

On Six Flags' post about Titan at SFoT:

They got the same thing in ny called the superman

General nonsense, nothing special. But I must say, what is with the GP obsession of stating that "NO-ONE-CARES-WHERE HAS THE SAME THING" or "SO-AND-SO JUST COPIED WHOSE-IT-NOW. THERE'S IS LYKE 999564743X betturrrlol!"

You know that's exactly how they sound in real life.

P.S., the bad grammar was intentional

In regards to a line jumping sign and fast-track/fastpass type systems.

No line jumping (unless u pay us a hefty fee). thanx, management. I never thought coaster riders would be separated into different classes. Welcome to first class coaster riding. Please fasten your seat belts.

What?

^I have to admit, that's a clever way to spam a park's Facebook page--actually post something relevant that pimps your business.

Comment on Kings Island's announcement of SoB's removal:

i say either build an exact replica of SoB, or an exact replica of the Beast

Cause that would be good for business!

I think they should buy Bandit from Movie World and put it there.

On a picture that SFOT posted of Shockwave:

I rode that 2 weeks ago... it pulled this fat girl outta her seat.. good thing for the safety bar... it was awesome

So....she got pulled out of her seat, but she didn't get pulled out of her seat?

On a picture of Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast:

New?? Pfft this ride is old AF! Just a name change wow big deal lol

Now for some random ignorant GP quotes (still from SFOT):

six flags needs new rides, i mean there cool and all, but new things catch the eye of the people

Because New Texas Giant isn't new enough, apparently.

New Texas Giant SUCKS!!!!! Titan is Awesome. My wife and I both felt like we were going to fly out of our seat on different parts of the Texas Giant. WILL NOT RIDE IT AGAIN!!!! Liked it better as a wooden roller coaster at least i didnt feel like my life was in danger

The last part is particularly amusing.

I might be a girl but I love the Titan I can go on it with my hands up the hole ride in any set and yes the FRONT

No comment necessary.