Knoebels Discussion Thread

P. 217 - Knoebel's Announces "Impulse", a Zierer Coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Myself » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:25 pm

I know they initially wanted to save Black Diamond for after this ride, and obviously, it's open now, so I'd imagine it's on its own track.

Way Close to Knoebels!

Postby Josh Linn » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 am

This is what, the 6th time they've had to tear up and replace sections of track?

Just ugh...this is so frustrating. I wish they had taken all the money they've wasted on this ride and built a Boulder Dash style coaster on the side of the hill by the skyway...or hell, ANY type of coaster that would actually operate. It's obviously late for this, but I wish they had purchased Bullet from Flamingoland and put it on that piece of land to replace Whirlwind.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:42 am

You can't be a Monday morning quarterback. They acknowledged when they started this project that they were taking a risk. Risks like this are high risk-high reward. Things don't always work out perfectly.

I understand that this ride is taking so long to build that it's comical, but they did say right up front that this was a possibility.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Gav » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:07 am

Risks like this are high risk-high reward.

I'm not even 100% convinced on that TBH...Will the ride be that amazing and popular in the long term to warrant the effort.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:26 am

It probably won't be. That doesn't mean that I won't ride it over and over again though.

What will matter in the long term is if Knoebels makes enough money off of it to offset its cost. They're obviously planning on finishing it; if they weren't, they would have torn it down in its entirety and re-used the wood somewhere.

If we truly do see this thing open in October (more specifically for Phall Phunfest), I will most certainly wait in a queue ALL DAY for it (unlike Black Diamond). I'm still really excited to see this thing open soon.
Check out my portfolio on Carbonmade! January 29 - new update!
I wrote the book about NoLimits. Check it out on Amazon!
Like the Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group on Facebook!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:46 am

Gav wrote:
Risks like this are high risk-high reward.

I'm not even 100% convinced on that TBH...Will the ride be that amazing and popular in the long term to warrant the effort.

It would give them something unique.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Josh Linn wrote:This is what, the 6th time they've had to tear up and replace sections of track?

Just ugh...this is so frustrating. I wish they had taken all the money they've wasted on this ride and built a Boulder Dash style coaster on the side of the hill by the skyway...or hell, ANY type of coaster that would actually operate. It's obviously late for this, but I wish they had purchased Bullet from Flamingoland and put it on that piece of land to replace Whirlwind.

I totally agree...the money they've spent on this so far they could have done so much else!

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:27 pm

A.J. wrote:If we truly do see this thing open in October (more specifically for Phall Phunfest), I will most certainly wait in a queue ALL DAY for it (unlike Black Diamond). I'm still really excited to see this thing open soon.

So I'm not the only one clinging to a faint hope that the comment you're referencing could've been (tentatively) serious rather than 100% messin' with the person. Though admittedly, for me it's pointless to think about since I have no idea how to get to Knoebels without the help of a TPR bus. Working on figuring that out for future years, though.

Postby sspaz1000 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:34 pm

^ come visit me, and I'll get you there. :)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby GayCoasterGuy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Hearing complaints about Flying Turns not being ready is nearly as annoying as hearing liberals complain about conservatives and conservatives complaining about liberals.

Basically, none of it makes *ANY* sense and is considerably close-minded :mickey:

Kudos to Knoebel's for continuing to work on it. Go to most big parks (Cedar Point, Kings Island, Magic Moutain, Great Adventure) and look at your alternatives. (I left out Great America on purpose; they rock!)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!