TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

Hi everybody!

So long story, but I made this account about a year ago after going about the website for a year without making an account, lost the password, and recently found it saved in a browser I never use. (cough Internet Explorer cough) So, I thought I would post here and introduce myself.

I'm Matthew, and I currently live in the barren, coaster-less part of Florida known as the panhandle. I hope this post actually works and comes out the way want it to because unlike the rest of my generation forums are still confusing to me. I obviously love roller coasters and just theme parks in general. Something non coaster nerdy about me is that my favorite tv shows are Doctor Who, 30 Rock, and Community.

So yeah um bye.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone

My name is Kelly and I live in Tampa, Florida. I love theme parks and visit Disney and Universal Orlando often. Just got back today from a trip to the Magic Kingdom so my sister and I could ride Snow White's Scary Adventures one last time before it closes.

Hello everybody!

My name's Jeffrey, long time TPR reader, first time poster. Love this site

I'm 18 and I'm a huge coaster fan.

I live near Kansas City, MO, home park is Worlds of Fun

A little bit about me:

Favorite Wood: Prowler (pretty obvious)

Favorite Steel: Millennium Force

I love playing RCT2.

I also enjoy playing sports and video games with my friends.

So yeah, thats me. I'm really glad to finally be part of TPR!

Hello all at TPR!

I am yet another one of these "lurkers", spending nearly half a decade following this amazing website and soaking up information about theme parks, roller coasters, coaster companies' reputations among enthusiasts, which coasters are good and which coasters are death machines...well, everything I could possibly take in! Now I think the time has come for me to truly step into the TPR crowd and introduce myself.

(Palms start sweating)

My name is Simeon A., 18 from the Silicon Valley, but you can just call me Simeon (an archaeic "Simon", as back in Jeff Johnson's times there was always an E between the M and the O!). Being a resident of the Silicon Valley, my four home parks are: SCBB, CGA, SFDK, and Gilroy Gardens. I am already well into my time of being a complete coaster nut like many of you, what's not to like about them? As long as it isn't painful, I'd give any one a ride! Now it's time to list my favorites...

Favorite Park: Europa Park. Do I really, truly need to explain how AMAZING this place is?! Just look in the park index and find it for more details, it is one of the top ranked parks on the entire list!

Favorite Woodie: Giant Dipper North (SCBB). One of the smoothest, most well maintained woodies on the planet. You get to TAKE THE TUNNEL as soon as the train dispatches, which is awesome in and of itself. In California, where airtime is rather sparse, the back seat of this "smaller coaster that packs a BIG punch" is an absolute butt slammer when it is running fast enough! If you closed your eyes on a particularly good ride and never knew who made this woodie, you'd swear you're on one of CCI's masterpieces.

Favorite Steelie: Blue Fire (EP). What does this beauty do? EVERYTHING!!! It has amazing theming, just like the rest of EP. It has some of the most comfortable trains of any coaster, complemented by an impossibly smooth ride. It's got a fairly intense launch whose forces are sustained for the entire straightaway. It is graceful and floaty at some points, and intense at others. There are some really nice head choppers along the way, too. It has extreme ejector air in a place you'd never expect: The heart line roll. It is insane no matter where you sit. On the right side, you get totally ejected, and on the left, you get thrown out in a strange way I can't describe. An awesome ride at an AWESOME park courtesy of the guys at Mack!

Now for some important numbers...

Wood: 3

Steel: 23

Water: 1

Total: 27

Parks to visit this summer: SCBB tomorrow! (I'll be doing a small off ride photo TR to post to the SCBB discussion thread)

CGA

Raging Waters SJ

Vacation to Europe in July: (offride photo TRs here as well)

Europa Park (to ride Wodan of course, with the missing credits being Poseidon, Eurosat, Matterhorn Blitz, and Pegasus)

Erlebnispark Strasswalchen (now Fantasiana), I must prepare for the crazy PAX they call Europe's Cyclops...

Wiener Prater

A little more of me: I am also a video game nut, playing games of all genres and times. I am particularly fond of Pokemon, especially the 5th generation with Black and White. My favorite pokemon is Reshiram, whose signature move is called Blue Flare...quite ironic since my favorite coaster is Blue Fire. Oh well, that is still an awesome coincidence. Other games I play include RCT3, where I conjure up random airtime machines by the day that I think California is missing.

Anyways, that's me! I am thrilled to have finally joined the awesomeness that is TPR!

~Simeon

Edited by Blue Fire Guy

Huh? The smilies were in the preview, but not in my post. Furthermore, my bold/underline of some phrases appeared as bracketed letters...strange, more bizarre to me than Euro Mir!

I guess this place takes some getting used to. For starters, I'll do a test...

It worked...but does anyone have an answer as to why my first post looked a little funny? Answers are much appreciated!

Hello, fellow roller coaster enthousiasts. I'm a 19-year-old French student in economics living in Paris's suburbs. My name is Philippe-Minh but I use the nickname portemine online !

As for many people here, I discovered TPR through their light-hearted, fun-minded videos of rollercoasters. Actually, I remember I saw years ago a video of the Alveys in a park in Japan with Green Day's American Idiot as the music background - I only realise now how the title of the song is telling about TPR's sense of humour ^^.

I came here to follow in a funnier way the roller coaster news, share my RCT3 creations, and discuss about what we like/love/hate in theme parks and coasters.

Goliath @ Walibi Holland remains my #1. For its airtime and its final turn, of course, and also for this uniquely fun Stengel Dive

Apart from rides, I fancy literature, Formula 1© , Roberto di Matteo and travelling among others. I love speaking other languages, discovering some new food, new places, and above all, new people. I'd always be glad to welcome a TPR member in France and introduce her/him the few things I know it this country.

See you in the forum !

from the other forum post~It all started with the rollercoaster tycoon series. I got so amazed by the types of coasters and the coasters in game i decided to do some reaserch. I found themeparkrevew during one of these searches and i never was the same! i looked at your blog almost everyday and was always exited when there was an update! Now I'm 17 just made an account and hoping to learn the ways of TPR!

^^&^ Welcome to TPR!

so how do the chats and such work? I'm not that familiar with forums
The chat's pretty simple to work out, and everyone in there is super friendly. Seems like you already got it to work though. As for the rest of the forums, just hit reply whenever you want to add to a conversation, hit submit, and you're done. Pretty simple

Hi everyone I'm Aaron!

I'm a long time lurker but just joined. I'm on other enthusiast/RCT websites by the same username (mainly KICentral, KIExtreme, and NEDesigns).

I'm hopefully going to become an active user on here as well!

Found this site from the youtube videos. Lurked for a few weeks before deciding to join. I love many different types of coasters, and have mostly been to theme parks in the heartland of the US and the East Coast (and, of course, Texas). Also, I'm a huge baseball fan and comic book nerd.

Quick coaster facts about me.

First Roller Coaster: Viper (Astroworld)

First Wooden Coaster: Texas Cyclone

Current Favorite Roller Coaster: (In Flux) New Texas Giant/Dragon Challenge/Incredible Hulk/Titan (SFOT)/Raging Bull

Last Roller Coaster Ridden: Judge Roy Scream

An Overrated Experience: Top Thrill Dragster (and Cedar Point in general, though I think I hyped myself up waaaay too much for that trip).

An Underrated Experience: Arkansas Twister

Favorite Drop Tower: Tower of Terror (Florida)

Favorite Dark Ride: Spider-man

Well, hi there . I am 12 years old and have a great love for coasters. I live in Mechanicsville, Virginia (10 minutes north of Richmond), and my local park is Kings Dominion, which is 20 minutes away. I live for airtime which is why Intimidator 305 and El Toro are my top 2 favorite rides. I hate Arrow rides and TOGO rides. I will never go on Anaconda or Shockwave at Kings Dominion ever again because of how rough they are. I live 45 minutes from Busch Gardens Williamsburg, which I haven't been to in 5 years. I still have yet to ride Griffon, Alpengeist, Mach Tower, and Verbolten. I am almost in 7th grade (My last day is Thursday) and I hate school. Yeah that pretty much covers my life for ya.

Hello everyone! As I'm hanging out here (I did years ago) again, figured I would say hi. I've met a few of you in the past and hope to meet more. You can never have more "coaster geek friends." I started a fb page dedicated to old park pics, souvenirs, etc. so figured this might be a good place to share it https://www.facebook.com/GayCoasterGuy

I'll probably lay low as I learn the protocols, rules and trends of this forum. I've already posted a couple things in the wrong spot (sorry guys!)

Well I'm not really new I've been on this site since like 2006 but I've decided to become more involved and actually post and stuff. I also plan to join club tpr! Super excited I am already saving money to actually go on one of these awesome European coaster tours! Japan too! Although anyone know when the next Midwest tour is? It may be a good and fun way to introduce myself to you all! Thanks.

Nathan

Hello all! I'm a newbie to this site but have been riding coasters and thrill rides pretty intensely for the past 10 years or so, and have been a part of a few enthusiast sites and clubs for about five years. I hope to make some new friends and some new ride buddies as well. Anytime you wanna go coasting, let me know!

Hello, I have followed this site for a couple of years but finally decided to create an account. As you can see from my user name I love kings island, cedar point, and holiday world. I live just outside of Cincinnati and hope to talk to everyone in the other topics. Reed

Hi everyone. Wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forums but love TPR on youtube. I also wanted to let everyone know that I am working on a book about rides and attractions from a ride ops perspective. I have been working on the book for a week or so and was hopefully wondering if anyone would like to preview the book. The working title is The Viel of Secrecy. A look from the ride ops side. The book is going to cover basic ride operations that I have noticed are in common in a lot of theme parks. No specifics will be given as being a ride op formerly, there are some things i cant discuss. Thanks for your time and I hope to upload an early version soon.

Mod Edit: Moved this post to our welcome thread. Welcome to TPR and good luck with your book!

Edited by Moose

Hi everyone. Wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the forums but love TPR on youtube. I also wanted to let everyone know that I am working on a book about rides and attractions from a ride ops perspective. I have been working on the book for a week or so and was hopefully wondering if anyone would like to preview the book. The working title is The Viel of Secrecy. A look from the ride ops side. The book is going to cover basic ride operations that I have noticed are in common in a lot of theme parks. No specifics will be given as being a ride op formerly, there are some things i cant discuss. Thanks for your time and I hope to upload an early version soon.

Mod Edit: Moved this post to our welcome thread. Welcome to TPR and good luck with your book!

Welcome to the boards but what is a viel? Spell Check is your friend!

Hi guys! I'm a fifteen year-old who lives in the DFW area (Six Flags over Texas is my home park ). I love technology, but more specifically, development. I'm deeply involved with iOS-related things. I also love the art of theatre and live entertainment (and the film industry). I'm involved with tech and lighting design, I don't do much acting. I also love good design/aesthetic.

Not sure how many coasters I've ridden, probably somewhere around 30. These are the parks I've visited (there might be more that I don't remember):

• SFoT (x∞)
  • WDW (x1)
  • SeaWorld San Antonio (x1)
  • Six Flags St. Louis (x2)
  • Cedar Point (x1)

I LOVE Disney.