Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 670 - Hersheypark Announces "Laff Trakk" for 2015
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Racing for the sky

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterlover420 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Tmcdllr wrote:Wow, seriously? So a ride built by anyone else could not have possibly had any problems?

How did I in any way suggest that no other ride has problems?
~Signature~

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:06 am

coasterlover420 wrote:
Tmcdllr wrote:Wow, seriously? So a ride built by anyone else could not have possibly had any problems?

How did I in any way suggest that no other ride has problems?

As you said, the ride was having problems and you expected that seeing it was built by Intamin.

Maybe I took it wrong but it seemed like you suggested a ride built by Intamin WILL have problems.

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:04 am

^Well yes, that's what I suggested. But I didn't say other rides don't have problems, just that Intamins have more.
~Signature~

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby MrSum1_55 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:42 am

Intamin rides have problems? I never knew that before! The ride should have been built by Vekoma. They would have made it so much more reliable. I mean, it's not like they have problems getting seats to stay on a ride or anything.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby coasternut » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Tanks4me05 wrote:^Is anyone else surprised that we went this long without a genuine "this ride isn't OMG phenomenal" or is it just me? (Admittedly it's one of my most anticipated coasters of the year.)

I was extremely disappointed. I felt for sure this ride would easily be in my top 10 steel if not in the top 5. I rode it 4 times this weekend (lines were extreme) with 3 times on the wing. I'm very disappointed in it. :( I found the "springboard action" made this ride rough for me. The 1 center seat ride was better, but I always ride with my hands up once I crest the hill and it was rough for a 1 month old coaster. Dispatches this morning seemed quicker. I think the staff is getting better. I'll be back in a few weeks test it out again. I guess I'm a minority who doesn't like this ride. :?r I didn't have any noodle complaints. :cool:
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

[/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:49 pm

I wouldn't call it rough, but more like definitely being able to feel the frame flexing and "bouncing" on the outside seats. Like I have said, and many others have said, the outside is NOT your traditional coaster experience. It is insane, wild, and completely out of control! Anyone who has not ridden it yet, go into your ride with that mindset if you choose an outside seat.
Steel: 140 | Wood: 41 | Total: 181

Last Coaster Ridden: Bizarro at SFNE on 8/3/14

Postby Moose » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:16 am

^I was hoping that they had figured out how to do wing seats without Baco's bouncing/flexing. :(
Last edited by Moose on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:17 am.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:21 am

Moose wrote:^I was hoping that they had figured out how to do wing seats without Baco's bouncing/flexing. :(

The problem is not really the wing seats, rather than the speed and intensity of the ride.
It would be rough-ish even if it had a pair of B&M's new wing trains.
Last edited by _koppen on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:42 am.
Nr 1 Liseberg and Gröna Lund fanboy!
Piraten is *the* roller coaster (after finally riding Expedition Geforce, I'll admit, it was pretty freaking awesome to!) .

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:28 am

It's not bouncing, it's a rattle. It's nothing severe, and it's really only noticeable around the turn between the first two airtime hills. It's totally bearable and worth the sacrifice to ride the best ride around!
Last Ride: Space Mountain: Mission 2 (DLP)
Next Ride: Intimidator 305 (KD)

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby blade1 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:03 am

Hidy ho everybody! This is my first time posting in this thread. I am heading out to the east coast this weekend with my girlfriend. We are both in our 30's. We are planning on stopping at Hersheypark on Wed the 27th and Thursday the 28th. Neither of us has been there before. We won't be able to get there until about noonish on Wed, because we have to drive up from Busch Gardens.

I read the plan that Okinawaboy and coasterlover posted. We would like to do the chocolate factory tour as soon as we get there. Which of the 4 attractions should we do? The trolley is the one that interests me the most, but are there any "must do's" between the other 3? Are advanced tickets suggested, or will we be able to get right into the attractions?

For shows, we are planning on seeing Chocapella, Tap, Rock n roll homecoming, and showdown at cocoa canyon. Any more that are strongly recommended? Or any of these that are not worth our time?

It looks like Great Bear, Skyrush, Stormrunner, Fahrenheight, and Lightening Racers are the best coasters. Where are the best seats to ride these 5? We hope to ride them all, but if we can't what should be skipped besides Sidewinder? I've ridden that model elsewhere. We don't plan on getting fast lane passes.
Are there any strongly recommended flats? I've ridden the claw at county fairs. What about any unique water rides that aren't the same model that every other park has, beside Rollersoaker?

How about food in the park? Any places I just have to try? Or what are the places that have the best food/value?

What hotels should I look at staying? I'd like to keep it at under $80 a night with breakfast.
I'm planning on having 21-22 hours over the 2 days to complete all of this and we like to soak up as much as we can. Thanks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!