Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 928: New Breakers Edge Water Coaster construction photos
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterfreak101 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:50 pm

coasterfreak101 wrote:You shouldn't have too many problems, but here's a general plan that I think should work best for you to get as many rides in as possible:

Head straight to Fahrenheit when the gates open, get your rides in there, then head over to Storm Runner and Sidewinder while you're in the area. Storm Runner isn't getting much of a line with Skyrush open that I've seen, but since it's there you might as well knock it out when you're doing Fahrenheit (which will get a very, very slow-moving and long line)! I would head back and hit the back of the park after that, so that's Lightning Racer, Wildcat, and Wild Mouse. You shouldn't have any waits for any of those things, just a few trains' worth here and there. I would head back up after that, cross under Storm Runner (ride it again if the line is short!), and make your way down the hill and back up the other side. Hit Trailblazer if you like. That'll put you in Minetown, where you can hit Great Bear (not a bad line with Skyrush open either), then SDL on your way around to Comet and Skyrush. Skyrush has a massive line in the morning, but if you hit it anytime after 2pm you're looking at a 10-30 minute wait (depending on crowds). When we were there on Sunday, we rode four times that afternoon, never waiting more than 20 minutes other than our wait for the front.

Basically, fight the urge to ride Skyrush and go do the rest of the park ahead of everyone else! It'll be worth it when you get to ride it as many times as you want later in the day.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby golfburner1 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks! Will the sky rush line actually be down at 2 p.m.? I'm a little scared to see how long the line is.
Ride Count 2013: Kingda Ka: 12, El toro: 20, Superman Ultimate Flight: 4, Green Lantern: 7, Bizzaro: 27
Skull Mountain: 44 (Perma Seats), Nitro: 105, Dark Knight Coaster: 14, Sky Screamer: 7, Runaway Mine Train: 5, Rolling Thunder: 4, and Batman:The Ride: 18
Great adventure here I come!

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Tmcdllr wrote:Wow, seriously? So a ride built by anyone else could not have possibly had any problems?

How did I in any way suggest that no other ride has problems?
~Signature~

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:06 am

coasterlover420 wrote:
Tmcdllr wrote:Wow, seriously? So a ride built by anyone else could not have possibly had any problems?

How did I in any way suggest that no other ride has problems?

As you said, the ride was having problems and you expected that seeing it was built by Intamin.

Maybe I took it wrong but it seemed like you suggested a ride built by Intamin WILL have problems.

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:04 am

^Well yes, that's what I suggested. But I didn't say other rides don't have problems, just that Intamins have more.
~Signature~

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:42 am

Intamin rides have problems? I never knew that before! The ride should have been built by Vekoma. They would have made it so much more reliable. I mean, it's not like they have problems getting seats to stay on a ride or anything.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coasternut » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Tanks4me05 wrote:^Is anyone else surprised that we went this long without a genuine "this ride isn't OMG phenomenal" or is it just me? (Admittedly it's one of my most anticipated coasters of the year.)

I was extremely disappointed. I felt for sure this ride would easily be in my top 10 steel if not in the top 5. I rode it 4 times this weekend (lines were extreme) with 3 times on the wing. I'm very disappointed in it. :( I found the "springboard action" made this ride rough for me. The 1 center seat ride was better, but I always ride with my hands up once I crest the hill and it was rough for a 1 month old coaster. Dispatches this morning seemed quicker. I think the staff is getting better. I'll be back in a few weeks test it out again. I guess I'm a minority who doesn't like this ride. :?r I didn't have any noodle complaints. :cool:
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a837974fa1a641df09a1e5b2eb05b61d.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:49 pm

I wouldn't call it rough, but more like definitely being able to feel the frame flexing and "bouncing" on the outside seats. Like I have said, and many others have said, the outside is NOT your traditional coaster experience. It is insane, wild, and completely out of control! Anyone who has not ridden it yet, go into your ride with that mindset if you choose an outside seat.
Total: 235 | Steel: 179 | Wooden: 56

Last Coaster Ridden: Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point on May 13, 2018.

Postby Moose » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:16 am

^I was hoping that they had figured out how to do wing seats without Baco's bouncing/flexing. :(
Last edited by Moose on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:17 am.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:21 am

Moose wrote:^I was hoping that they had figured out how to do wing seats without Baco's bouncing/flexing. :(

The problem is not really the wing seats, rather than the speed and intensity of the ride.
It would be rough-ish even if it had a pair of B&M's new wing trains.
Last edited by _koppen on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:42 am.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!