TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

One comment I have to make is about the god awful Furius Baco. I rode it once, and no more since it rattled my body to pieces in no way I have ever felt before. I'm talking a roughness that FAR bypasses anything you can feel on Stampida. Please someone reassure me that it is not normally that rough because I truly hated it and wished it would finish. It was far too rough to enjoy. However, shortly afterwards it shut for technical reason for the last 2 days I was there so I am hoping the extreme roughness was part of the fault.

The inside seats in the front two rows are much smoother than the outside sides at the back of the train.

One comment I have to make is about the god awful Furius Baco. I rode it once, and no more since it rattled my body to pieces in no way I have ever felt before. I'm talking a roughness that FAR bypasses anything you can feel on Stampida. Please someone reassure me that it is not normally that rough because I truly hated it and wished it would finish. It was far too rough to enjoy. However, shortly afterwards it shut for technical reason for the last 2 days I was there so I am hoping the extreme roughness was part of the fault.

The inside seats in the front two rows are much smoother than the outside sides at the back of the train.

I totally agree with that. I rode it twice last autumn and the first ride on the outside seat was painful. After that i tried the inside seat and it was a lot smoother. My guess was that the outside seats were more sensitive to vibrations since they're not so close to the track. I'm really not an expert in physics, that was just a wild guess and i haven't ridden Baco enough to compare different rows.

Yesterday Shambhala was broken some minutes when one train was stopped in the top of the lift hill with the riders... But in 2 or 3 minutes they enjoyed the drop. And yes, this offers the opportunity to make great pictures!

Source: Pafans.com

PD: Sorry for my english

I was wondering if anybody could give me an answer to the following question. If I was to book a trip with a plan to stay in one of the PA Hotels but having not booked through PA or any of the traditional travel agents in the UK; would I still be eligible for free park entry? Has anybody done this before, how does it work? Do you get tickets/armband when you check-in?

I was wondering if anybody could give me an answer to the following question. If I was to book a trip with a plan to stay in one of the PA Hotels but having not booked through PA or any of the traditional travel agents in the UK; would I still be eligible for free park entry? Has anybody done this before, how does it work? Do you get tickets/armband when you check-in?

I think if you stay in any of the PA Hotels u get access to the park for all your stay i'v always booked with PA to make it easier

Yesterday Shambhala was broken some minutes when one train was stopped in the top of the lift hill with the riders... But in 2 or 3 minutes they enjoyed the drop. And yes, this offers the opportunity to make great pictures!

Source: Pafans.com

PD: Sorry for my english

I was on it at the time seemed longer than 2 or 3 min at the time lol but it was ok

I will definetely remember that for next time - front end, inside seat.

The annoying thing is, is that I had the choice between an inside seat or outside one. I chose outside, oh what a mistake that was. It was however at the back end of the train so I guess little could be done to make the ride any more enjoyable anyway!

As for shambhala, I would love to be stuck at the top of the lift. Firstly it would give much more time to admire the view, and secondly there is always the possibility you will have to walk down the lift hill walkway which could be a very thrilling HIGHlight of the day!

Of course I mean money. I'm sorry if you understood me wrong. Thank you for your response.

Yeah right, i completely misunderstood you, sorry dude! I'm not even gonna try to explain what i thought you were asking...

That is terrible because someone could've been seriously hurt. The fact that you must balace yourself to get out the boat on those narrow ledges. Why wasn't an e-stop pressed and water drained like in raft rides. I gasped when I saw the boats collide and the guy almost got hit by the moving boat.

Exactly... I have worked some of these water rides.. .and even I, wouldn't want to be out there standing on those ledges... The Reserviors can be pretty deep. Looks like they need to close the ride down and re-investigate.... possible move some proxies around so that a boat is not allowed to clear the lift until the run out is completely clear.

Today Shambhala has got the longest queue since opening day (and it's not a bank or national holiday).

On top of this, PA are working on the lighting in the splash pond so it has been drained and, thus, there is no splash...

Source: PA-Community.com

How long was the wait today? I'm going during summer, so gearing up for some crazy wait times.

The day of that photo the waiting time was 3 hours. However, I think in summer it will be a little less (maybe 2 hours?) 'cause these days a lot of schools have gone to the park.