Skycoastin' Steve's 2012 Season Extravaganza!!

Verbolten and Jen's 300th credit! Page 20!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: Skycoastin' Steve's 2012 Season Extravaganza!!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:55 pm

^If they can figure out a way to scoot the operator booth over, that's the most likely option for a station redesign. Maybe they could move the door to the maintenance bay to the wall facing the track (just keep it closed and locked), the booth to that corner where the door currently is, and the exit where you said. The only thing they would have to work around is the stub of the storage track sticking out of the front of the station. At that point, they could manage a staircase that goes down to connect to the current exit, which is simple enough. There's that garage door to the basement of the maintenance bay, but cars can't get there anyway considering that there's an entire queue in front of it...

Another option is to just put a damn fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo bank over along the brake run. There's more than enough space, and they can pull a Six Flags and require all loose articles to be put in there - only flip flops and glasses in the (non-working) spin bins. Cheap solution they could easily manage to put together within the next week, if they wanted to.
Last Ride: El Toro (SFGAdv)
Next Ride: Skyrush (HP)

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby CoasterComet » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Look at all these *GREAT* suggestions and ideas from people that know how this stuff works - US! We ride all the time, we observe, compare and critique operations. Many of us have spent several or more seasons operating rides...

SO... who's gonna write the park a formal letter? Who's gonna call the park? If presented in a logical and polite fashion, your suggestions can *really* help.

Or should we just all spend more time behind our monitors?

Every little bit helps... :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Parks read these websites, so I wouldn't be surprised if they saw this at some point soon. Hopefully. Otherwise we can just organize a big grassroots campaign to make the only downfall this ride has go away!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby paiging_jen » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:57 pm

televisedconfession wrote:
In terms of operation, was it BGT bad? It can't be that bad, can it?

It was pretty damn close! We both looked at each other many times and shook our heads at what we were witnessing. And the fact that the girl Steve took pictures of and reported last year who had her feet propped up on the Storm Runner controls STILL has a ride ops job speaks for itself.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby CoasterComet » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:41 pm

coasterfreak101 wrote:Parks read these websites, so I wouldn't be surprised if they saw this at some point soon. Hopefully. Otherwise we can just organize a big grassroots campaign to make the only downfall this ride has go away!

I'm sure they look at the coaster geek sites like this one, but I would think a more legitimate form... like letters, filled out forms at Guest Relations and phone calls/emails would get more of an audience on their side (the park's side). Although I'm all for "big grassroots campaigns" there is a step before that. It doesn't have to be an ALL/NOTHING thing. You don't have to go to an extreme to get a point across. Letters, emails, forms at GR, calls... (OK now I'm repeating, sorry) ;)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Spideyfreak » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:53 pm

vacoaster09 wrote:
Spideyfreak wrote:^That whole brake run can park 2 trains, I've seen a picture. I think this would be a fantastic idea!

Also for reference from Keystone Thrills:

I retract my comment. They can park two trains by reverse jogging only. It doesn't look like it could park 2 trains in normal operation. The second train needs more space to stop than that.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:30 pm

televisedconfession wrote:In terms of operation, was it BGT bad? It can't be that bad, can it?

Absolutely worse. BGT has actually been better the last couple times I've gone there this year, but HP was historically bad that day. When you combine the ride closures with the incompetency we saw from the entire ops department, it was one of the worst days I've had at a park operations wise. But like I said, they have some kick A$$ rides, so you kinda have to deal with it to get the reward of Storm Runner, Skyrush, and Lightning Racer.

Counselor Neil

Postby televisedconfession » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:49 am

^Wow, I don't want to believe it. Glad the ride was fun at least! At the VERY least.
-Neil or no Deal

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8edb82c78b6d77e5bd773746c455c1ca.jpg[/img][/url]

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:17 am

^^^Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. There isn't room for an unload without modifications, and it would be plenty easier to figure something with the existing station. Or, at least for now, fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Justice » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:49 am

Let's say SkyRush averages 3 empty seats, with 4 minute dispatch cycles the hourly capacity of the ride is only ~430 guests per hour. That sucks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!