Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Pg. 560 - Skyrider, Togo Standup to close Sept 1st
Users viewing this topic: CedarFair1, Noporian and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Thu May 31, 2012 2:10 pm

That first drop is just insane in the warmer weather. I was definitely seeing stars during the first turn ;)

Everyone on LeviaTHON should have an amazing time at the park this year! The water park is also a great to be at that point in the summer either right at opening or near closing.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Thu May 31, 2012 11:41 pm

Hey all,

Only 0.5 days left for the hotel room auction in Toronto that'll cover you over Leviathan Bash weekend! Don't be shy, put in a bid! We are at $130.00 for two nights so far! Click on the link below for more details! Ends Friday, June 1 at Noon Eastern Time!

Up for auction, benefiting Coasting for Kids, is a two night stay for two in Uptown Toronto at the Novotel Toronto – North York

Centrally located in a prime spot between Canada's Wonderland and Downtown Toronto!

Click here to find out more!

If this auction isn't of interest and you would still like to support a great cause through Coasting for Kids, any support would be greatly appreciated! Just click on my "Coasting for Kids" banner below to donate or learn more!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PCW_Nut » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:17 am

rollin_n_coastin wrote:That first drop is just insane in the warmer weather. I was definitely seeing stars during the first turn ;).

Ya that first turn was quite the experience in the warmer weather. Also, I found that small airtime hill right after that turn to produce some even crazier air than normal.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 am

kunpc1 wrote:
It REALLY hurts to know we were SO CLOSE to having a B&M invert instead... :cry:

Well, obviously if they just got a memo from B&M saying they would not build them a ride, they could not have been "SO CLOSE" to signing a deal..
Nr 1 Liseberg and Gröna Lund fanboy!
Piraten is *the* roller coaster (after finally riding Expedition Geforce, I'll admit, it was pretty freaking awesome to!) .

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:56 am

So I'm going to Wonderland some time next week (during the week), what will I expect with wait times?

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PCW_Nut » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:36 am

CorkscrewFoley wrote:So I'm going to Wonderland some time next week (during the week), what will I expect with wait times?

High School is sill in, so if it's a week day you should be okay.

I will be there on Monday the 11th.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kunpc1 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:04 pm

_koppen wrote:
kunpc1 wrote:
It REALLY hurts to know we were SO CLOSE to having a B&M invert instead... :cry:

Well, obviously if they just got a memo from B&M saying they would not build them a ride, they could not have been "SO CLOSE" to signing a deal..

They had the plans ready to go. All they had to do was sign the paperwork. Norm said he personally received a call from Walter Bolliger stating that their plans had to be scrapped due to the CP clause. At this point, Dick Kinzel was called and asked if an exception could be made. He refused. So the plan of a B&M was tossed out and a Vekoma SLC was put in its place.

On top of that, we were only within 2 miles of the cut-off point. I would say it's SO CLOSE...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:11 pm

^That really sucks. The SLC is pretty much un-rideable right now, but with some work, and the new trains, I'm sure it would make a big difference

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby asimowalk » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Since the park seems really open about their history, any thoughts from them about the Footloose floorless B&M rumour? :lmao:

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:24 pm

kunpc1 wrote:
_koppen wrote:
kunpc1 wrote:

They had the plans ready to go. All they had to do was sign the paperwork. Norm said he personally received a call from Walter Bolliger stating that their plans had to be scrapped due to the CP clause. At this point, Dick Kinzel was called and asked if an exception could be made. He refused. So the plan of a B&M was tossed out and a Vekoma SLC was put in its place.

On top of that, we were only within 2 miles of the cut-off point. I would say it's SO CLOSE...

I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything, you should just not believe everything you are told. B&M would not work with you for months to develop a custom made layout for you're specific space and requirements, and all of a sudden just sign such a deal as they did with Cedar Point. That would be very bad publicity for the company, and just a dickish move, taking time and money away from Wonderland. I do believe that the park was looking into getting a B&M invert, just not that they were as close and long gotten as they claim.
Nr 1 Liseberg and Gröna Lund fanboy!
Piraten is *the* roller coaster (after finally riding Expedition Geforce, I'll admit, it was pretty freaking awesome to!) .

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!