TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

KD shouldn't be bad on Father's Day. No parks are bad on Mother's/Father's Day.

That & when it rains...bad weather sure helps to clear out the crowds.

Anyone know if Rebel yell northside is up & running yet? on my previous two visits only southside was running so I hope both sides are running by now.

Me and Bridget went to King's dominion today to go play in the water park. We hit Backlot coaster and made are way to dodgem then on down to the Waterpark. We got changed then headed to the old wave pool got wet then off to Pipeline Peak. PP for short is a tunnel style water slide that uses 2 person Tubes. We get on and off we go in total darkness. Now let me explain to those that have never seen me or Bridget. I am 6'3" 300lbs. Bridget is 5'9" and under half my weight( thought I would tell you her weight did ya?). Any way got down about halfway with me in the rear and hit a somewhat tight turn . The force shoved us up the wall and boom were on are backs with no tube. She was ahead of me and no way of seeing her . I remember her hitting my left leg and screaming. When I came out the tube I found her balled up hanging on the side of the run off. I got up ran over at the sametime heard a scream coming out of the slide we where just on. She ended up banging her left side of her head where her Implant is so she can hear. Banged up her shoulder and cheek bone. first aid came quick and got her evaluated and she was fine. Her shoulder is still sore but trudged on . I like to thank the EMS , Security, and Lifegaurds at King's Dominion for there fast and sincere service. You Guys and Gals rock. There was no problem with the tube or ride just a problem with my big ole butt pushing and us both losing our balance. I did twist my back wrong though not hurting to bad . Will probably feel it in the morning though........

As for the park Dominator all 3 trains up and running same for Backlot. Both sides of the Rebel Yell up and running. We left about 5 due to the before mention but crowds where not bad. Would have tookin pic's but camera still isn't here as promised..

As for the park Dominator all 3 trains up and running same for Backlot. Both sides of the Rebel Yell up and running. We left about 5 due to the before mention but crowds where not bad. Would have tookin pic's but camera still isn't here as promised..

Glad to hear the park got these 3 rides up to full capacity just in time for Memorial Day weekend as they always do. Dominator and Backlot's 3rd train always show up for the summer crowds.

Also, sorry to hear about your incident in WaterWorks today.

Waterslide FYI - I never ride with mismatched weight on double tubes. Robb has almost killed me too many times. Either go single, or ride with someone very similar in weight and size. Unless you like the thrill of almost dying...which some people like!

There are issues with both riders being too small, as well. For example, Water Country won't allow single riders on Aquazoid, their big family raft ride. Seems that two small boys were in a raft, and the thing "valleyed" because they couldn't work up enough momentum because they lacked sufficient weight.

^ running good they where dispatching both side together which I am glad to see them racing again. Didn't ride it but I will be back June 2nd to ride it...

Glad both sides are finally running,perhaps we might run into each other since I'll be there on june 2nd as well.

We could just look for a 6'3" bald goatee white guy and you got me. Lol

LOL!!

I'll have my GF in tow with me as per usual during the trip....unfortunately she went on windseeker last month & hated it due to the height so there's NO way she'll ride I305 now.She tends to enjoy dragging me onto FOF & Backlot however,not that they're bad rides mind you but the waittimes sure are.

^ Will not be there myself . Boss told me Tuesday night that I will be working Saturday night . Bummer. I may slide up there Thursday for a while should be slow day for the park....

That sucks.

I heard on another KD board that a crane was spotted behind rock shop,I'll take a look at it on saturday while on windseeker & or americana.What with CP being pretty much confirmed to be getting a wingrider it makes me wonder if that'll also be KD's next coaster?