TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Not to mention it has been three years since the park has gotten anything coaster-wise. That's kind of a long spread for the park. It'll be four years if they don't get anything next year.

EDIT: That's odd. On All-American Thrills I guess there is this rumor going around that Cedar Fair has ordered 7-8 coasters for next year. Hmm.

As "too-good to be true" as this rumor sounds, it actually kind of COULD make sense. I mean, SEVERAL of their parks will be four or more years since their last coaster addition (CGA, CP, KBF, WoF, VF, KI, MiA). We already know pretty much that CGA is finally getting their GCI next year. Also, I wouldn't be shocked to see Cedar Point's 2013 addition include multiple coasters (Maybe one larger thrilling coaster and a new family/kiddie coaster or two) in an effort to keep up their "roller coaster capitol" status battle with SFMM.

Who knows. I could certainly see WoF getting a new coaster soon and I hope it does! (I think the park needs a launched coaster!)

While CGA has been confirmed they're not gonna waste alot of money on CP trying to regain that stupid coaster crown title...Kinzel might've to sate his overinflated ego but he's not in charge anymore.CP may get one coaster next year but that still leaves six other parks & MIA,Dorney & CWL are ruled out as two of those three parks got coasters this year & as we all know MIA is the SFAW/SFAW of the chain so they're pretty much ruled out as well.

That leaves Carowinds,KI,KD & perhaps KBF as the only other likely candidates aside from CP as WOF just made it known on their blog that it's unlikely that they'll be getting a major ride like a coaster next year so I doubt that this eight coaster for 2013 rumor holds any merit.

I don't see Carowinds or Kings Dominion getting another new coaster until 2014 (at the earliest)... Carowinds and Kings Dominion's Intimidators were by far the biggest rides ever seen at the park and they can hold their "new coaster" popularity for 4 years just like Behemoth did up at Wonderland. Plus, both parks just got Windseekers for 2012 which is a "large" ride.

I believe CGA (obviously), Cedar Point (obviously), and Kings Island will be seeing the coasters next year. I believe Kings Island will see something as it will be 4 years since Diamondback, and Wonderland waited 4 years after Behemoth for their next coaster. I could also possibly see something being added to KBF as they didn't get anything for 2012 and it will be 2 years since Windseeker was added and they haven't gotten a coaster in a while. Plus, they have lots of competiton in SoCal right now with Manta (SWSD), Lex Luthor/Coaster 2013 (SFMM), Carsland (DCA), and Transformers (USH).

As much as we all would like to see coasters, I do respect and enjoy Cedar Fair spending capital on fixing up the parks slowly but surely as they have been doing the past several years (especially the former Paramount Parks... excluding CGA). I am very happy that Worlds of Fun posted that though as most parks would never do that.

Hey guys long time lurker of the forums here. I hate to burst everyone's dream bubble of a big ride for 2013 but on the parks Hot Air blog they had this to say about 2013, " Next year will be fun but lets enjoy this year first. Don't get too far ahead of yourself. It will be 40 years of the park but we don't really plan our capital based around anniversaries. We plan it based on what makes the most sense for us, but we'll celebrate, no worries!"

Take the statement however you want but I honestly just see another rehab year for 2013.

Here is the link where I got the quote: http://www.worldsoffun.com/blog-article/online-fun/Question

Ehhhh now that was 2 months ago...it would make sense to say focus on this season. That does make me think they may not be adding something too big, but seriously, World's of Fun - I see your annoying commercials that salute the thrill rider and say ride on. This thrill rider says give me something new to ride on!

Any hints for 2013? Flat or Coaster? Oceans of Fun? Any more talk about a Windseeker or is Cedar Fair playing wait and see with those?

No hints yet, stay tuned. We honestly don't really even think about future capital this time of year. We're just trying to get ready for opening day this year.

- same blog article

Again pushing off next year, in the same thing. Hopefully the corporation will see the desire for something big and thrilling. It's not like that Q&A session was just questions asked by coaster lovers - the GP seem to want a new big ride for 2013, too!

They also stated Timberwolf will be there for a long time...I still like the ride, but it's rough, long, and I'd love to see at least the helix go.

Not to mention it has been three years since the park has gotten anything coaster-wise. That's kind of a long spread for the park. It'll be four years if they don't get anything next year.

EDIT: That's odd. On All-American Thrills I guess there is this rumor going around that Cedar Fair has ordered 7-8 coasters for next year. Hmm.

(I think the park needs a launched coaster!)

I agree...and a launched looper would pretty much solve the problem that they could also use a good sit-down looper!

A launched coaster, looping or not, is the one type of ride that WOF is really missing. They've got steel, wood, looping, shuttle, inverted, hyper, spinning... I hope that they fill that void with their next major ride. The only other coaster they are really in need of is a bigger family coaster, something that is a good step between Cosmic Coaster and Spinning Dragons

The only other coaster they are really in need of is a bigger family coaster, something that is a good step between Cosmic Coaster and Spinning Dragons

I would hope that Spinning Dragons takes care of their family coaster needs for a long time. Gerstlauer spinner is the definition of family coaster- and there's two of them- built at the expense of Orient Express; something they're missing now (looper).

I've only been to the place twice, so I could be way off.

^^You're being way too optimistic, you'll be lucky if you get a Volare.

The WOF Blog really hinted on the new attraction for 2013, it seems like WOF is getting something large, perhaps a WindSeeker.

Also, I submitted by own question, so you might see it in a few days.

Every dollar made from things like Fast Lane and Dinosaurs Alive only adds to money available for future capital expansion. Every body that goes through those turnstiles helps, and like it or not, the dinos have been doing very well at the parks that have installed them so far.

Agree wholeheartedly about the launch coaster, something like Sky Rocket would be great.

Every dollar made from things like Fast Lane and Dinosaurs Alive only adds to money available for future capital expansion. Every body that goes through those turnstiles helps, and like it or not, the dinos have been doing very well at the parks that have installed them so far.

Gotta admit that,while I havn't taken the chance to go through DA at KD they really made the whole area look pretty darn good & if it makes money for the park to pay for more rides in the future then it's worth the investment.

They did say projects...so here's to hoping they have more in store for 2013!

The thing about a park like Worlds of Fun adding an attraction like Dinosaurs Alive is, how long will it last? I feel like I can get this same experience at a Children's Museum...it's a cool idea, but I feel like it would fit better in a theme park that already has higher attendance and bigger thrills. I'd maybe go through it if there was no line...but then again, I know this attraction is not geared towards me.

Is Dino Alive an up-charge attraction?

Not to say I told you so about Dino's Alive but....

I have a feeling that VF will be looking into this as well.

A windseeker might not be out of the picture for WOF as they can use the "soar & roar" marketing slogan used by KD this year which may prove to be a big hit from a PR standpoint.Windseeker seems to be the flavor of the month as far as flats go with CF lately.