TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

I was thinking of a Mega-Lite too, but Cedar Fair hasn't opened one yet. A sitdown would be farfetched saying that they already have Patriot as the B&M of the park. What I'm figuring is nothing over 160 feet. Above that is risky for Worlds of Fun I would think.

Btw, KC Engineer, I live in Overland Park too. Haha.

/\ They haven't even confirmed anything yet, so there goes that question

I know I was trying to say IF something goes where OE used to be than where would they put the station

Even though timberwolf beats the holy crap out of you it is still a great ride. It'll be a shame to see it go

Timber Wolf needs MAJOR work to stay in operation, IMO. It has sentimental value to me as it was my first "big" coaster, but it has become so rough that, apart from the first drop, it's no longer enjoyable. Now, should the park go for the Rocky Mountain treatment I'd be 100% on board.

I think the land behind Finnish Fling / Octopus would be ideal for a new coaster, assuming there is enough room back there--I'm not sure where the park boundaries are in that area.

I love Timber Wolf too. It's the only real "classic" at the park still.

I think the land behind Finnish Fling / Octopus would be ideal for a new coaster, assuming there is enough room back there--I'm not sure where the park boundaries are in that area.

That's what I was assuming. The land belongs to them, saying the employee parking lot is located directly behind it (give or take). They have a hand full of good acreage back there too.

EDIT: Am I the only one that remembers that Dive Machine rumor floating around from a couple years back? Hmm.. Could that be the next addition?

^^Personally, the back-wrenching first drop is what I complain about the most. But layout- and airtime-wise, it's a coaster I'd be happy to return to someday if it improves (at best) or doesn't deteriorate much (at worst).

I love Timber Wolf too. It's the only real "classic" at the park still.

That's what I was assuming. The land belongs to them, saying the employee parking lot is located directly behind it (give or take). They have a hand full of good acreage back there too.

I'm not sure how well that would work with the train tracks being right there behind them. Yeah, they could build a bridge over it but that seems like a lot of work for the park to do..

Ok, so let me get this straight. The park has only been in operation what 7 weeks for 2012 and we are wondering why there is no construction going on for a ride that may or may not be on it's way for next year? With Cedar Fair moving towards more family friendly rides and attractions, it wouldn't surprise me if they do receive a new ride next year that it isn't a coaster, more so it won't surprise me if they put in a Dino Alive.

But honestly unless plans have been seen or parts are on site, it's all wishful thinking.

Ok, so let me get this straight. The park has only been in operation what 7 weeks for 2012 and we are wondering why there is no construction going on for a ride that may or may not be on it's way for next year? With Cedar Fair moving towards more family friendly rides and attractions, it wouldn't surprise me if they do receive a new ride next year that it isn't a coaster, more so it won't surprise me if they put in a Dino Alive.

But honestly unless plans have been seen or parts are on site, it's all wishful thinking.

Well that's exactly what this is...wishful thinking for something big for their 40th anniversary. Nobody mentioned anything about construction, we are just speculating as to where the next coaster could go. They haven't added any major thrill rides since Prowler, and we're all just sharing what we wish for the park and speculating as to what could happen. I am not surprised there has been no construction, and it being WoF, I wouldn't be that surprised if they build nothing at all. The last few years they completely redid Camp Snoopy and turned it in to Planet Snoopy, so they have added some good family attractions in the past few years...Worlds of Fun does not seem like a park that would get a Dino Alive attraction, and I do think they'll go for a thrill ride in the next two years.

Yeah, I don't see Dino Alive happening. In fact, I'd be shocked if it were added. How exactly do dinosaurs fit into the Orient, Scandinavia, Africa, Americana or Europa? As previous posters have mentioned, the Planet Snoopy expansion was obviously geared toward families so the next logical step would be a thrill ride (coaster or otherwise).

My personal opinion? Anything less than a coaster would be a disappointment. Not only that, but I'd love to see WOF take a risk, do something different and cutting edge. It's not in their nature, but it would go a long way to bring in locals that haven't been to the park in many years (and believe me--A LOT of those people exist).

Not to mention it has been three years since the park has gotten anything coaster-wise. That's kind of a long spread for the park. It'll be four years if they don't get anything next year.

EDIT: That's odd. On All-American Thrills I guess there is this rumor going around that Cedar Fair has ordered 7-8 coasters for next year. Hmm.

My personal opinion? Anything less than a coaster would be a disappointment. Not only that, but I'd love to see WOF take a risk, do something different and cutting edge. It's not in their nature, but it would go a long way to bring in locals that haven't been to the park in many years (and believe me--A LOT of those people exist).

Even though Prowler is pretty amazing, it can still seem like a smaller, family oriented ride to the GP. My friends didn't have much to say about Prowler, other than how smooth it is for being a wooden coaster (and hasn't it been 4 years since Prowler?). The park really does seem to have a ton of room for rides. As much as I'd love a Giant Frisbee, I think they have a good collection of flat rides, and a coaster would be most beneficial.

Not to mention it has been three years since the park has gotten anything coaster-wise. That's kind of a long spread for the park. It'll be four years if they don't get anything next year.

EDIT: That's odd. On All-American Thrills I guess there is this rumor going around that Cedar Fair has ordered 7-8 coasters for next year. Hmm.

It's probably just that a rumor as there's only 11 parks in the chain total(including GL/WWK) so that rumor would conclude with all but two CF parks adding coasters in 2013 & we all know that's just not gonna happen.

Just my two cents in this, I keep having this weird sensation that WoF is doing something like SkyRush. I looked at some of the land next to Octopus and Finnish Fling and realized that a lot of it was in the very basic shape of SkyRush's layout.

Of course, I'm not a whiz or anything, but I just drew up this.

SkyRushquestionmarkqustionmark.thumb.png.570ea0e2e435cfb621c33d4823ad83ca.png

Yeah.

Oh my goodness, I'm getting overhyped.

I'm sorry.

This last offseason, WOF cleared out the small area where Wacky Worm was and moved the ride up to the front of Planet Snoopy and rethemed it to Cosmic Coaster, so something may go into that area for next year. Also, it's been 10 years since Oceans of Fun added anything, so they are also due for something new next year.

^And how do we know that? We don't know that they aren't putting in coasters all across the chain just as much as AAT doesn't know that they are.

I looked all over that site & found nothing about this rumor,what thread was it posted in over there?

There could be some truth to the rumor,but only if CF plans to add a few small family rides like the big spin style spinners to some of the parks as those are less expensive thana bigger ride from say Intamin & or B&M.

As "too-good to be true" as this rumor sounds, it actually kind of COULD make sense. I mean, SEVERAL of their parks will be four or more years since their last coaster addition (CGA, CP, KBF, WoF, VF, KI, MiA). We already know pretty much that CGA is finally getting their GCI next year. Also, I wouldn't be shocked to see Cedar Point's 2013 addition include multiple coasters (Maybe one larger thrilling coaster and a new family/kiddie coaster or two) in an effort to keep up their "roller coaster capitol" status battle with SFMM.

Who knows. I could certainly see WoF getting a new coaster soon and I hope it does! (I think the park needs a launched coaster!)

Hey guys long time lurker of the forums here. I hate to burst everyone's dream bubble of a big ride for 2013 but on the parks Hot Air blog they had this to say about 2013, " Next year will be fun but lets enjoy this year first. Don't get too far ahead of yourself. It will be 40 years of the park but we don't really plan our capital based around anniversaries. We plan it based on what makes the most sense for us, but we'll celebrate, no worries!"

Take the statement however you want but I honestly just see another rehab year for 2013.

Here is the link where I got the quote: http://www.worldsoffun.com/blog-article/online-fun/Question