TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

Shambhala has closed early today because two metal bars have fallen from the top of the lift hill structure (next to the splash) during operation.

Source: Jivo from Bloggercoaster (uploaded to PA-C)

Considering it's been open for just two weeks, I don't think PA will allow Shambhala to operate until they find what caused this.

On a side note Baco has also been closed today because of technical difficulties (aka: Intamin curse )

As my dear friend Oriolat says, I was taking some pictures from Shambhala's splash when this piece has fallen just 3 meters (10 feets) away from me with a very loud clang. I warned a park worker immediately and she alerts an operator that took the part out of the place.

10 minutes later, the ride was closed for all the day and a few operators and managers from park were reviewing the lift's structure and base. Then, apparently it fell a second piece similar but slightly curved.

Here you have another photo taken by my mobile phone:

731906131_AuIqhHaCEAAWz2Q.jpglarge.jpg.af29ecf9f5e0a0f119cefb9aaa028a56.jpg

Perhaps they belong to the netting system under the lift hill?

Should have put in a netting system to catch the netting system.

Somebody is thinking like CF there

Wow, that doesn't look like something that's edited to me, but I'm not an expert in editing film. I know the Impulse coasters do quite a bit of shaking, and sometimes it's really noticeable on wooden coasters (Rattler) but I haven't noticed it on a B&M hyper.

That's not to say they don't. To an extent, they probably need to, and this is probably normal. I guess I just haven't stared at one long enough to notice.

So did the ride reopen? Did they figure out where those pieces of metal came from?

Today the ride has been opened few hours in the afternoon. They are still doing tests and reparing that pieces in the lift. The video is 100% real. There was yerterday the real version without the funny music, but the user removed it.

Gonna be honest, that video gave me a good laugh.

But even though not as much as other coasters, B&M's do shake and bend a lot. Its the track thats bending in the first couple shots of this video, but its a good example of how far some do bend.

Thats nothing, thats normal. Seeing the supports reverberate like that, THATS not. Ive watched Raptor and Mantis track flex a few inches several times - not even over the ball joints. Theres a support that moves a bit on Raptor as well in the downward helix after the brake run.

This is flexing several feet in either direction. And its supports. They shouldnt do that just in the wind. I know steel moves andd flexes, Im completely ok with that. This is quite a bit more than that!