TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

I've been lurking at this great site for a while so today I figured was a good day to make my first post. Like many other 24 year old males, I have significant interest in amusement parks, roller coasters, and girls as well as Roller Coaster Tycoon. I look forward to sharing my RCT creations here as well as posting theme park reviews of various parks near the San Francisco Bay Area where I live. I feel I'm going to continue to have a lot of fun here!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all at TPR!

I've also been a 'lurker' for the best part of a decade, and decided to join in the fun.

I'm an Aussie who loves all roller coasters, no matter how big or small they are. I visited the U.S.A. in November & December 2011 and got to go to Disneyland (4th time) and also Dollywood (1st time!). In the past I've visited SFMM in Valencia, and also Busch Gardens in Tampa, along with the whole Disney area in Florida. Also, all the Aussie ones. At the moment, my goal is to visit Cedar Point in Sandusky, and also get back to SFMM to go on X2 and Tatsu. They didn't exist in 1994 when I was there!

Good to be here, hope to put some photos up soon!

Beef

Hey everyone, just wanted to say "hi".

Like some of you, I've been lurking this website for the longest time. I'm a local so cal native living the OC. I came to this site through Westcoaster.net. Before that, I was going to this old Magic Mountain website that I can't remember for the life of me (I just remember it followed the Goliath construction extensively). Anyways, I'll be going to West Coast Bash this year so hopefully I'll see you all there. Here's to good times and roller coasters!

- Mark L.

Hi guys,

Like many, I've lurked here for quite awhile. I became aquainted with TPR through youtube videos and the RCT3 communities. I live in the Northeast, so I have Bizarro pretty much in my back yard. I'm only 16 so I don't get to really plan family vacations to go to amusement parks, but I have been throughout the Northeast and all of Florida. Although this year I'm vsiting Cedar Point, Knott's, Disneyland, and possibly Six Flags Great Adventure all for the first time.

I look forward to seeing you all around the forums,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm Heidi from South Florida - I've been driving the turnpike to Orlando since I was about 20 months old, and have visited DisneyLand and EuroDisney as well - but these days, I spend most of my amusement park time at Universal Orlando's Wizarding World of Harry Potter; I'm on the organizational team for Ascendio - it's HPEF's follow up to Infinitus - our 2010 event in Orlando. Four days of Harry Potter discussions, wrock, fan creativity, costumes and more at the Portofino Bay Resort (and we're having a private event at the WWoHP on July 12, too!).

Separate from that, we have at least three park-focused trips planned this year - California SeaWorld and Legoland in April, Disney and WWoHP in March and DisneyLand in October or November....

I'm Jacob. I'm from Arizona. I just joined today. I lived in California for 10 years and moved back to Arizona...Sadly. I loved it in California. Anyway I use to go to SFMM all the time when I lived in California. I'm still trying to get use to this whole site. So if you have any tips or any advice of some sort just let me know.(:

Hi there!

My name is Andrei and I fell in love with roller coasters when I rode on a Dragon Wagon by myself for the first time when I was 4. I became so obsessed with roller coasters and theme parks I began to search up websites that had information on the biggest and fastest thrill machines out the when I had just turned 7. And that's when I found this website. Because of you guys, I have a hobby and a purpose in life. THANK YOU!!!!! I hope to meet others who are a part of TPR and maybe even Robb ( I am not worthy), Elissa ( Miss "I love Intamin and hate spinning coasters), and cute little Kristen (A.K.A Kidtums). Thanks again!

P.S: Piers, how can I forget Piers?

Hi,

Im Matt from Sydney, Australia.

I have been a big fan of roller coasters since the first time I rode the small wooden roller coaster (beastie) at Wonderland back in 1988.

I became such a fan that in high school I did work experience twice at Wonderland and travel to the Gold Coast 4 - 5 times a year to hit up the parks up there.

I've semi regularly come on this site over the years looking at parks and planning what ones I wanted to visit and realised today that I was in Tokyo about the same time as you guys back in June last year.

Hi everyone,

my Name is Sebastian, I´m 16-year old, come from Germany or rather I live in Essen/NRW(Eaten) and I´m still be student at High School calls "Gymnasium"(highest schoolform in Germany). Since I can think, i`m intrested at riding Roller-Coasters and going to Theme-Parks( like Movie Park Germany, my Home-Park).

In last year i had registrate me at Coastefriends, the biggest Forum for Coasters in Germany(maybe Europe, i dont know ) , and I became a bigger Coaster-Fan than before.( Mein Englischlehrer würde mich verprügeln, wenn er das lesen würde )

And know I´m here at Theme Park Review.

When you have Question, you can ask me. I´ll give my best answering well.

I hope my Englisch was not too bad, I´m still learning ( I hope I can train my Englisch here in the Forum(

Greetings

Sebastian

p.s Und Gute Nacht an alle Europäer (Good Night to all European)

Edit: My favourite Wooden Coaster : Troy in Toverland/NL

693961246_IMGP0087(Klein).JPG.e942284abd96c54e55825e5fd7badbae.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Robb,

Got a kick out of that thread on Cruise Critic where a few of the fanboys took you on. I posted over there as Hubofhockey and thought the Carnival review was both funny and on point. Even funnier than the review is the backlash as cruise critic, which by now has been obliterated by the moderators.

My basic opinion of Carnival is that they try to get away with the bare minimum. You can call them Wal*Mart of the Seas. But they are really more like a Holiday Inn Express. It works well for people looking for the basics at a cheap price. They rely too heavily on too few paid people doing too much. They are the bottomfeeders of the industry and they are probably doing well in this horrible economy.

Hey, thanks for the advice on the waterparks at Disney. Still a tough call. Looking forward to the Allure next year with the kids. This year, it's no kids on the Caribbean Princess. It's great to know that they just aborted their present cruise. Princess needs some new ships.

HI TPR!!!!!!!!1

My name is JAvier, i'm from Spain.

I love, as everybody on these forum, coasters. I found this web on Youtube when i was watching a POV of Cheetah Hunt. Is great to now that there is so many people around the world that loves costers as i do!!!!!!!!!!

See you Online!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Robb and TPR

I'm John from South Jersey and i joined because i love roller coasters almost as much as i like bicycling, bacon, and turtles. I found out about this site from a youtube message linking me to one of the TPR videos. I've been a coaster fan since my the first one I ever went on. Hope to see you all around

Hi All,

I love this website and I'm happy to be here. I hope I don't seem dense or mildly dumb asking this but I see all the references to Donkeys and I've been trying to figure out the context but I'm at a lost. How are the donkeys and coasters tied in together?

Mike "lost in newcomer nirvanna land" Kaiser

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm Caroline from South London. Pretty much live right inbetween Chessington World of Adventures (but haven't been there in about 10 years) and Thorpe Park. I'm up to 94 coasters and hoping to hit 100 by summer (definitely going to Port Aventura but hoping to hit some of the smaller UK parks too before then). I'm hoping to move to China in late summer to teach English for 6 months.

Hi All,

I love this website and I'm happy to be here. I hope I don't seem dense or mildly dumb asking this but I see all the references to Donkeys and I've been trying to figure out the context but I'm at a lost. How are the donkeys and coasters tied in together?

Mike "lost in newcomer nirvanna land" Kaiser

Hey there! You might not be suprised that this question seems to come up often. Try the Ask Alvey thread on the Forum Index. It should answer your question.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey people!

Here's a little stuff about myself:

My name is Alex R.

I am pretty young, 11 years old. (turning 12 VERY soon)

I live in a small town near Santa Cruz, California.

I love rollercoasters.

I play the app AirCoaster, my username is RainbowDash.

I AM A BOY. (forgot to mention that)

Oh, and I'm a brony. (deal with it)

My local parks are:

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

Paramount (Cedar Fair)'s Great America

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

I love to talk with people, and have lots of fun riding rides.

I also play nolimits, I may upload a track sometime. (I'm kind of a beginner)

Anyway, I hope to get really used to TPR, and have many heated discussions about rollercoasters and donkeys!

:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Bruce, 22 from Paris. Since I'm young I've been travelling in Europe and ride some nice coasters (France, UK, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland) I worked in Disneyland and Parc Astérix ! Now I'm in Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Not crazy coasters but nice sandy beach

Glad to finally have an account on TPR !