TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier Discussion Thread

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting read on the GPP Facebook page. Apparently the pricing model ABC released may not be the final pricing structure after gathering feedback from their FB fans. They also promise to detail final pricing and and an official opening date this week, looks like Memorial Day is a no go.

Limited opening announced to Facebook Fans starting on May 25th. A list of rides that will be in operation is below.

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT for our Facebook Fans! You are the first to know! We are opening Friday, May 25th for an Exclusive Sneak Peak to the Pier! Special pricing is set b/c some of the rides are still under construction. We hope you can make it out! We know there are going to be a lot of questions and we'll do our best to answer them all!

546625_361448630586726_177272299004361_1009890_1000055624_n.jpg.f66e394b13ca0bfac6c0fdace52bc057.jpg

Hours:

Friday, May 25 – Sunday, May 27

10 a.m. to midnight

Monday, May 28

10 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Tuesday, May 29 – Thursday, May 31

Noon to 9 p.m.

Friday, June 1 – Saturday, June 2

10 a.m. to midnight

Sunday, June 3

10 a.m. to 11 p.m.

Monday, June 4 – Thursday, June 7

Noon to 11 p.m.

Pricing:

All Day Ride Pass

•$21.99** for adults (48” and up)

•$16.99** for children (under 48”)

•Good for all rides all day and Pier access

Pier Pass (Walk-on)

•$10* for adults (48” and up)

•$8* for children (under 48”)

•Pass required for admittance to pier; ride tickets sold separately at booths/kiosks (good for day of purchase only)

Individual Ride Tickets

•Starting at $4.00* per ticket

•Must purchase a walk-on pass to gain access to the pier

* Plus tax

** All day come and go unlimited ride access

Available Rides:

- Carousel

- Texas Tea Cups

- Big Wheelin'

- Frog Hopper

- Pier PileUp Bumper Cars (adults/kids)

- Rock N Roll

- Sea Dragon

- Sky Shooter

- Gulf Glider Swing Carousel

- Cyclone

- Revolution

- Pirate's Plunge

Edited by chadster

^They are trying to control access to the Pier and don't want a free for all. It's a fairly small space and from what I've been told it will be a permanent fee. If you buy the all day ride pass you don't have to pay the $10 walk on fee.

^They are trying to control access to the Pier and don't want a free for all. It's a fairly small space and from what I've been told it will be a permanent fee. If you buy the all day ride pass you don't have to pay the $10 walk on fee.

I completely understand the fee, just curious how well $10 will go over I know other parks that charged less and upset alot of people.

They seem to think it won't affect business. I'm guessing grandma's and grandpa's taking the grand kids to the park would be the most likely to pay to enter and not want to ride. Time will tell though as they've said they are very willing to adjust the pricing based on people's voices and business demand. But I have seen several people voice their dissatisfaction over the fee.

It the nature of some to bitch. If it wasn't this, it would then be about the parking or the cost of a coke. It totally get what they are doing. They don't want it to become a teen hangout and they want paying customers to take up limited square footage.

Looking at that pic, I think it's actually fitting testing rather than running the circuit: The lap bars are all up- and typically Gerstlauer rides won't leave the station unless down/locked for dispatch. My best guess is they're doing a push through/pull back over the brake runs for clearance checks.

Any ideas when they plan on getting Iron Shark open? I know they are testing now, and I'm just hoping it is open for my visit in July. I hope there are no structural problems that would postpone the ride opening.

They said that they expect to announce "something" about Iron Shark this week on FB. I'm guessing they'll give the opening date. A friend of mine went down there and watched a bunch of test runs. He says iShark is really, really quiet.

Those are great pics ! Galveston needed something like this ... the Houston area period! Are they ever going to bring a theme park back to Houston? I'm still shocked that Astroworld closed down. I'll definitely have to visit the next time I'm in the Houston area.

Via Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier's Facebook Page

The IRON SHARK IS OFFICIALLY OPEN! Sharks….the greatest predators in our oceans… they are one of the animals that people fear the most….. Get ready for a jaw dropping shark attack…Are you brave enough to ride and tell the tale of the Iron Shark?

Breathtaking 100 foot lift standing 30 feet over the water….a 95 degrees beyond vertical drop…52 miles per hour….Flip upside down 4 times… Iron Shark’s bone shredding forces are not recommended for everyone…..so make sure you’ve read all of the safety information at the entrance. The height requirement for Iron Shark is 48 inches.

Via Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier's Facebook Page
The IRON SHARK IS OFFICIALLY OPEN! Sharks….the greatest predators in our oceans… they are one of the animals that people fear the most….. Get ready for a jaw dropping shark attack…Are you brave enough to ride and tell the tale of the Iron Shark?

Breathtaking 100 foot lift standing 30 feet over the water….a 95 degrees beyond vertical drop…52 miles per hour….Flip upside down 4 times… Iron Shark’s bone shredding forces are not recommended for everyone…..so make sure you’ve read all of the safety information at the entrance. The height requirement for Iron Shark is 48 inches.

There's an offride video of it in action on thier FB page. You can hear them encouraging folks to come ride it over the PA.

Edited by Chittlins