TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier Discussion Thread

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From their facebook page, looks like the Wheel has arrived and they are beginning to erect it. Yes, erect it. By my count looking at the webcams and whatnot, they are still missing a star flyer and trains for Iron Shark.

Facebook

Opening date will be announced soon, it all depends on the weather and construction.

and

May 23rd it won't be ready. Sorry!

547373_353930701338519_177272299004361_990399_1358134628_n.jpg.f2ba67414d1796875c3d5ca918190397.jpg

^Not a problem for me since I probably won't be going to Texas until next year (or in a couple of years - still haven't decided where to go for summer 2013), so I'm sure everything would be up, running, and a little weathered by the time I get there.

I like how they positioned the brake run by the ocean. I agree that the mechanized shark should be utilized as it rises up from the ocean's depths and tries to attack the coaster beneath where the riders are.

"That's it, keep those posts short: the sooner you're done, the sooner you'll be coming to bed."

I like how they've stuck with the traditional lift, and not the weird "fat" one seen on Dare Devil Dive.

Dare Devil Dive uses the higher-radius lift because the trains are longer. Huracan at Belantis in Germany is the same way.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, this park doesn't have a bad ride in it's lineup and will be a much needed kick ass addition to Galveston.

With the Star Flyer not going up yet, Ferris wheel just now being assembled and trains not on track for the Euro(which will require a minimum of 160 hours of testing) I'm expecting they will announce the park will open mid to end June, which, will be fine by me as it will be warm enough for Schliterbahn as an addon bonus!

Nice looking trains but the tall person in me wishes they had gone with over head lap bars instead of normal ones for legroom purposes as well as more freedom of movement.

I don't think I've ever seen "more freedom of movement" equated with OTSRs before. Wow.

My biggest beef with past-vertical drops has been the discomfort of all my weight resting on my shoulders in those damn harnesses. Yes, it's just for a split second, but it still kinda ruins the experience for me.

I'm really looking forward to riding this one!

I was expecting the same system used on Shell Shock at Nickelodeon Universe. The only other looping coasters that I know of with T-bars are the Prater Boomerang, Wicked at Lagoon, and Galaxy Express 999.

All to add to the excitement, I guess.

Nice looking trains but the tall person in me wishes they had gone with over head lap bars instead of normal ones for legroom purposes as well as more freedom of movement.

As do I, but that is impossible with 4 across seating, as they are not wide enough between the seats.

As do I, but that is impossible with 4 across seating, as they are not wide enough between the seats.

Unless they would've done it so it is staggered like Skyrush, though that would make things 10x more complicated.

The paint job on those cars looks amazing.

I totally agree. I'm glad even though it's a pier, they're putting love into the ride and not making it look too generic or cheap.

I think it's great that the euro fighters only have one car per train-- leaves so much possibility for great train designs like this.