TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Wow! This really isn't funny as I'll be a 2013 KBF season pass holder. I'm actually very dissapointed and at least thought it would be something not very major but would add to the park, like new Vekoma trains installed on the Boomerang.

While it's not an exciting announcement, I'm not surprised it was something this random and merchandise related since at best I was hoping for a late night ert or some random food thing for pass holders. However I am surprised that soo many people actually expected this to be a new attraction announcement...

On the bright side people do like to collect pins (outside of just dinsey) and if this is something that helps bring any additional revenue to the park to keep adding new attractions and keep doing more of the small fix ups they've been lately, then I'm all for Knotts introducing pin trading.

Wow, very interesting but doesn't Knott's already the same merchandise and pins? The more I look at the announcement, the more I think that this was meant for another park.

Although maybe unexpected it really is a nice idea, especially while the focus seems to be on improving the overall feel of the park through so many smaller initiatives that a guest may not directly see before adding in what I'm sure will be a great new attraction in a year or two. Raffi did the same when he was VP&GM up here and it paid off in 2006 and 2007. There were a lot of great new ideas and attention to small details that directly improved the guest experience for all types of guests. After visiting Knott's for the first time this year, I really enjoyed the park a lot. They're definitely going in the right direction.

Remember a few years ago Demon Drop was going to be put on Screamin' Swing's location then at the last moment it was moved to Dorney? Well, since it seems Knott's wants to replace Screamin' Swing in the future, maybe a Gerstlauer Sky Fly can be built there and it can be easily themed to Ghost Town.

Remember a few years ago Demon Drop was going to be put on Screamin' Swing's location then at the last moment it was moved to Dorney? Well, since it seems Knott's wants to replace Screamin' Swing in the future, maybe a Gerstlauer Sky Fly can be built there and it can be easily themed to Ghost Town.

I don't see Knott's removing Screaming' Swing anytime soon. It's an up charge attraction with a very striking profile. It's an additional moneymaker attraction and as long as it brings in more money than it costs to run it, it'll continue pulling in revenue.

Also what is it with you and Skyflyers?

I don't see Knott's removing Screaming' Swing anytime soon. It's an up charge attraction with a very striking profile. It's an additional moneymaker attraction and as long as it brings in more money than it costs to run it, it'll continue pulling in revenue.

Also what is it with you and Skyflyers?

I heard really good reviews on Skyflyers and I'm just hoping Knott's or Legoland will get one. (my two future home parks)

And here is the announcement from Knotts: Knotts Annual Pass Facebook Page

The wait is finally over! We are very excited to announce the launch of the Collector Pin Trading Program! Our SPH's will be able to purchase the starter package that was created exclusively for YOU! It includes the Paw Prints lanyard, Season Pass card holder and the Sheriffs Pin (See cover photo- excludes Snoopy plush). The starter package will be available starting May 18th at Gold Trails Hotel, to only our SPH's- quantities are EXTREMELY limited. Visit knotts.com/knottspintrading for rules and regulations!

[attachment=0]579532_233263616779224_134105313361722_366571_598749542_n.jpg[/attachment]

Yup...

Hopefully making the announcement this early into the season means that construction will start soon, and(barring any hiccups) it will be ready early next year.

And here is the announcement from Knotts: Knotts Annual Pass Facebook Page

The wait is finally over! We are very excited to announce the launch of the Collector Pin Trading Program! Our SPH's will be able to purchase the starter package that was created exclusively for YOU! It includes the Paw Prints lanyard, Season Pass card holder and the Sheriffs Pin (See cover photo- excludes Snoopy plush). The starter package will be available starting May 18th at Gold Trails Hotel, to only our SPH's- quantities are EXTREMELY limited. Visit knotts.com/knottspintrading for rules and regulations!

[attachment=0]579532_233263616779224_134105313361722_366571_598749542_n.jpg[/attachment]

Yup...

Hopefully making the announcement this early into the season means that construction will start soon, and(barring any hiccups) it will be ready early next year.

Construction of what, a store?

Knott's Berry Farm has sent us a press release regarding some of their entertainment options for the Summer season.

Knott’s Berry Farm will celebrate the summer season with new food and entertainment around every corner including a spectacular ice show, an evening light show, the return of the action packed “All Wheels Extreme” and a host of new atmosphere entertainment that will fill Knott’s Berry Farm with a summer vibe that can’t be beat.

For guests who have not had a chance to catch their panoramic view of Orange County, WindSeeker in Fiesta Village should be their first stop this summer. Rising over 300 feet in the air, WindSeeker takes 64 passengers to new heights as it ascends above the theme park and then spins riders for a 60 second ride at a speed of 30 miles per hour.

Starting June 16, “Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular” returns for its third season and is bigger and brighter than ever. When darkness falls over Knott’s Berry Farm, Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular brings Camp Snoopy to life with a continuous light show filled with Peanuts’ figures, themed music, sound effects, and colorful projections. In “Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular” guests will see their favorite characters in scenes that personify them – Lucy’s dream of being a Hollywood starlet, Schroeder’s musical genius, even Woodstock gets into the act as he and Snoopy go on a camping adventure.

“Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular” will run every evening the park is open after 8:00 p.m.

Over at the Charles M. Schulz Theatre, Knott’s Berry Farm is proud to present “Happiness is….Snoopy” (dark Wednesdays) an exciting ice show debuting June 16. In this musical extravaganza you will fall in love with Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang as they share the simple joys of life with the help of world-class ice skaters in a show that will delight the entire family.

Back by popular demand, Knott’s “All Wheels Extreme” (dark Monday and Tuesdays) returns to the Calico Stage on June 16. Guests will be amazed by the skills of gravity defying BMX bikers, in-line skaters, gymnasts and even free runners in this fast paced, action packed production.

This summer Knott’s Berry Farm will come alive with new characters that have taken up residence in Knott’s Ghost Town. With Sherriff Jebedeiah Smith, Beau Regard the Saloon owner, the delightful Sweet Adeline and others, life in the 1890’s has never been as colorful or as exciting. This crew will have you seeing life in the Old West in a whole new way.

For the younger set, “Hooray for Hollywood” tells the story of the Peanuts® Gang as they try to make it big in Tinseltown. Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, and their friend JT pay homage to the golden days of Hollywood in a show that’s sure to delight kids of all ages.

Knott’s abundance of entertainment this summer offers something new everywhere you turn including a Peruvian wind and percussion ensemble in Fiesta Plaza, a juggling unicyclist on the Boardwalk Midway, and the Ghost Town Miners interactive country, blue grass quartet at Spurs Restaurant.

A trip to Knott’s this summer would not be complete without sampling some of Knott’s new fantastic new food items offered throughout the park including the BBQ Flank Steak sandwich, Slow Cooked BBQ Ribs, or Knott’s very own Big Foot Broiler Kebab sandwich!

Just across the street from Knott’s Berry Farm, Knott’s Soak City is ready for another fun-filled season starting Memorial Day weekend. Cool off in Tidal Wave Bay or take a ride on Pacific Spin, Soak City’s newest ride. Pacific Spin riders are blasted down into a 132-foot long tunnel, then drop a stomach-churning 63 feet into the mouth of a six story funnel. This thrilling escapade culminates in a waterfall splash that deposits riders into a cool catch pool.

For hours on the day you plan to visit call (714) 220-5200 or check the Knott’s Berry Farm website at http://www.knotts.com, where you can also save time and money with Knott’s online tickets.

When I was a lead @ XC enthusiasts would always argue about TTD allowing glasses with straps. I would always explain the situation and 9/10 they were cool with the answer. But of course, there was always that 1 D-Bag that would sit up on the loading dock arguing for 20 minutes about his glasses.

Haha... good times... good times...

First time, going in one of the first 2 weeks o July, can someone give me a good day plan? Nothing too intense first.

Its mostly personal preference. Since its your first time at the park I would recommend a moderate coaster such as Jaguar, Sierra Sidewinder, and Pony Express first. But if you are looking to ride a ride without walking all over the park and one thats not too intense that I would recommend Sierra Sidewinder which is fairly close to the entrance where when you enter the park you turn left and keep on walking until you reach Camp Snoopy. Since you are going during July it can get crowded since it is during summer. I would recommend that you arrive at the park at opening. If you find that the lines are too long than you could buy a Fast Lane pass which would get you to the front of the line on rides.

Knott's Berry Farm has sent us a press release regarding the launch of their official trading pin program.

Starting May 25, Knott’s Berry Farm will be enticing collectors and Knott’s Berry Farm fans to the park with the launch of their first ever collector pin trading program. Pin collecting and trading dates back to 1896 to the Summer Olympic Games in Greece where Olympians traded pins as a way to meet and greet athletes from other countries.

Knott’s initial series, which will be released on Memorial Day weekend, will consist of 31 different designs that will include the Peanuts collection and the Knott’s collection, both will feature seasonal events, rides, attractions and characters that are uniquely Knott’s. New pins will be released weekly and will range in price from $6.99 to $9.99.

Knott’s Official Trading Pins will have two classifications, pins that can be purchased in one of Knott’s designated retail locations throughout the theme park and “branded” pins that can be only be acquired by trading with Knott’s Berry Farm team members. All trading pins feature the official Knott’s Pin Trading logo embossed on the back. The “branded” pins will carry an additional identification, Snoopy’s paw print on the front of the pin. All pins will be limited editions. Pin purchases will be limited to 2 pins per style per day.

Knott’s will also be offering their Season Pass Holders a special starter kit (limit one per Season Pass Holder) that will include a lanyard, Season Pass holder and a special Season Pass pin for only $5.

For more information on all Knott’s has to offer, visit http://www.knotts.com.