TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

I am just going to say this about Shambhala and Leviathan,

Leviathan is a fantastic ride. It's been running A LOT faster compared to the TPR POV that was posted of it two weeks ago. Where it was somewhat crawling over those camelbacks and that last overbanked turn it's hauling A$$ now. Looks to be on the same if not a tiny bit better level than Shambhala. Shambhala looks absolutely amazing though and looks as if it's creating massive amounts of airtime over those hills as well as carrying butt-loads of speed. I hope one day I get to ride it as it looks as if it has the potential to be the #1 hyper that B&M has ever created. Just keep in mind everyone that Leviathan is not a Hyper-Coaster, it's a Giga. It's very different compared to Shambhala and even Behemoth.

Shambhala = #1 B&M Hyper (by the looks of it).

Leviathan = #1 B&M Giga (for now anyways).

This ride looks amazing. It looks like B&M maybe getting back to their glory days of non-trim, hauling @$$ rides with some awesome g-forces. The splashdown definitely looks impressive. The only splashdown coaster I have been on is Sheikra and while it was cool to watch, it was pretty lame as a rider. With this effect it looks AMAZING! I also really love this layout. I think B&M and the guys at Port Aventura did a great job at placement of the coaster and elements throughout the ride. I really loved Port Aventura when I went there with TPR and this ride looks like it is a great addition to an already fantastic park!

Jimmy "I need to get back to Spain" Bo

BTW, Hanno...AWESOME PICS!

DAMN!! This is gooood!! For me it looks a superb coaster, a nice theming and an awesome adittion for the industry in Europe!! And, seriously... are we going to complain because of the splash?? SERIOUSLY??

I post a video made by PACTv in the last row that I think it shows better the serious airtime that this thing has!!

MOD edit: link pulled due to illegal pov

(I love when, at the top of the lift, somebody screams WTFFFF! It sumarizes very well what you get!)

Edited by Hhappy

This looks to be one of the best mega-coasters B&M has done in a while. Love taking those hills at high speeds, and that turnaround is awesome!

And even though the overall track length is shorter, the ride time seems MUCH longer than Leviathan, and barely appears to fizzle out towards the end. I suppose I prefer a coaster which is not as tall but provides a longer ride, over a taller coaster which provides a ride that seems to end fast and in a way feels incomplete.

Can we replace Goliath @ Magic Mountain with this?

In this link, of a Catalan TV , appears Hanno being interviewed !! Enjoy it

www.8tv.cat/8aldia/videos/sensacio-unica/

I rode it Yesterday , and i think that is AWESOME ! There is airtime in all the cars, and the sensation is so different between the front line , and the bottom of the train !

The speed hill is the better place to feel the airtime. The splash is amazing, at the last car you are sorrounded by water, and you can be soaked as well !

Seems that Shambhala is not "fat-friendly"...

I have seen a lot of people get kicked out of the ride because the restraint was not as far down as required to dispatch the train.

It seems weird because other B&M hypers operate just fine (even the American ones, with more overweight population!). How come?

Does anybody know if B&M have changed their standards in terms of restraints? Silver Star is also from B&M and doesn't have this problem and even people that has a "normal" weight and fitted in the test seat have been kicked of Shambhala because of the size of their thighs...

Wow, that's pretty cool that hey could add a semi-head chopper to the first drop on Dragon Khan, and as always fantastic footage.

How does Dragon Khan compare to Kumba, other than being darn near identical in layout? Which ride do you prefer? I love Kumba and consistently put it in my top 10 have never been on Dragon Khan, anyone who has ridden both care to share their thoughts?

I prefer Kumba, but only *slightly* - I kind of thought that the extra inversion didn't add as much to the ride as I had hoped it would have, and I'm a sucker for the traditional vertical loop. It also didn't have quite the *snap* that Kumba has. Still a top ten ride, though.

Edited by robbalvey

Hey, thinkin of going to Port Aventura between July & September some time. I've read that during some months alot of the rides or areas are shut. If so, when's the best time to go. Is September any good? Thanks.

Hey, thinkin of going to Port Aventura between July & September some time. I've read that during some months alot of the rides or areas are shut. If so, when's the best time to go. Is September any good? Thanks.

Made a trip to Spain and PA in late september last year - all rides and areas were open. In July and August i guess you might have other things to worry about - crowds and queueeeees.

^I guarantee the restraints are no different than the hypers over here. Large people don't fit that well on them over here, either.

It's mainly a problem if you're bottom heavy. I usually only see women turned away from these rides. I've seen many men who look like they weigh at least 50lbs more than me get on them no problem, but I have to squeeze into those seats.

I've never been to PortAventura but if the ride ops are in a hurry they may not give you that a extra push on the seat you need to get locked in.

Has anyone checked youtube recently to see how this coaster is growing up ? If not, out of curiosity, I advise you to check the latest offride videos of it to witness how it now FLIES over the hills, even the bigger ones. I was sooo worried when i saw the test runs in which the train was crawling. I didn't expect loaded trains to make such a difference (weird since dummies should have had the same effect) I am now so excited to go back to my favourite European park at the end of august...

From all the comments that I've read from people who has been on other B&M coasters in EEUU and Europe, they said that Shambhala is THE BEST of all them. New elements,great interaction between the coaster and the theming, great splash, lots of airtime... could it be the best B&M of 2012?

Edited by Hhappy