TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Guys, it wouldn't be a real Cedar Point visit without some terrifying storms, random freezing wind, and then beautiful blue skies...all within the span of 48 hours.

Actually, what you described is a normal week in North Georgia.

From the Cedar Point FB page, I tell ya some people just can't let things go.

still saddens me that when you open tomorrow the wildcat will be gone, that was one ride the whole family did together

It really wasn't a family ride, I think the height restrictions were too tall to be a "family" ride.

At the park now. Fast Lane is amazing! Just skipped a two hour line on Dragster and got on the ride in less than 15 minutes.

On a negative note, we were not allowed on the roller skater because we didn't have a kid with us?!? Is this a new policy? They were also only filling three of the rows and leaving the other five empty. Interesting...

Besides that, enjoying the day so far.

^^Cue the next four pages in this thread about everyone that was at the park on opening weekend (that didn't get FastLane) bitching about how long and inefficiently run the queues were because of the new system!

PS - Is Windseeker open?

^Yup! I'm actually watching it right now from Panda Express.

Just got on Millennium Force in 15 minutes with Fast Lane. At least a 90 minute wait. Even Blue Streak had a 1 hour posted wait time and we walked straight into the loading station. There really isn't a lot of people that seem to be using it. Most of the rides we were about the only ones using it with exception of Dragster and MF.

Edited by ernierocker

Just got on Millennium Force in 15 minutes with Fast Lane. At least a 90 minute wait. Even Blue Streak had a 1 hour posted wait time and we walked straight into the loading station.

I'm hoping this is because of the crowds on opening day, and not because fast lane is making the GP's wait ridiculous.

Edited by IrishBuckeye

I'm hoping this is because of the crowds on opening day, and not because fast lane is making the GP's wait ridiculous.

If you looked down another line you'd see this...

There really isn't a lot of people that seem to be using it.

So is TTD's station no longer filled to the brim? If so that's two wins for Cedar Point.

Very odd about Woodstock. Perhaps just try back later if there's a different operator. Unless they've changed the rule in the park map, you could use that to show them that it's different from Jr. Gemini.

If you looked down another line you'd see this...

There really isn't a lot of people that seem to be using it.

Fair enough. I know the lines tend to be long on opening day anyway, so I'll judge for myself when I go tomorrow.

But i am very happy to hear of the really short waits with fastlane. Sounds like its worth it.

Just got on Millennium Force in 15 minutes with Fast Lane. At least a 90 minute wait. Even Blue Streak had a 1 hour posted wait time and we walked straight into the loading station.

Disaster Transport has an hour line and is not on Fast Lane. The park is just very crowded today. They have honestly done a great job with merging the lines.

Very odd about Woodstock. Perhaps just try back later if there's a different operator. Unless they've changed the rule in the park map, you could use that to show them that it's different from Jr. Gemini.

The park map does not list Woodstock Express as ride with kid only. I am going with it being opening day and the ride op didn't know any better.

It was busy, but it didn't help that until around 1pm Millie wasn't up yet, Dragster ran intermittently most of the day, Maverick went down after 3/4pm, Wicked Twister wasn't running, MaxAir went down right before I left, and I saw Cedar Creek Mine Ride get evacuated when in line for Skyhawk. It was crazy. There were also quite a few school groups today for competitions and events which cause problems.

Most of the rides I don't have issues with the FastLane for. One I do have gripes against is TTD, as there the capacity is split: FastLane gets the first trail to themselves, second train for standby. This seems highly skewed. Other than that most of the merge points were right before the turnstile into the ride (except for Millie) and I had very little issue with it.

Luminosity is going to be interesting. It seems to be CP's response to GlowFest/elecTRONica/Mad T Party. I don't know how much information/pictures have gotten out, but here's a general idea of what's going down.

There has been lots of pavement work in the Iron Dragon Midway. There is now a large stage to the right of the entrance of Iron Dragon that will be the main performance area. There are a few levels along with large scaffolding (three stories) behind it for dancing/lighting. Lots of LED lights of various kinds; they were setting up several LED screens today too. There are about four, large cylindrical dance platforms about 4' tall in the midway along with some new swoopy pavement. In addition there is a new bar (or new to me) near the main midway. The lighting/speaker set ups even go into the main midway nearly up to Cedar Downs. This looks to be a major event and offering this year, I can't wait to see what the final product looks like!

With the wait times that you have posted, this has got to be the busiest opening day that I have seen.

Kind of glad I didnt make my annual trek there like I usually have for so many years. Typically though, it has been most opening days arent this gorgeous from a weather standpoint either. Usually its much colder or just more miserable.

Update on the Woodstock Express issue from earlier today: different ride op than before let us on the ride without a kid and they were actually loading the entire train. So. I guess the girl from this morning thought she was working Gemini Jr. No clue.