The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P.793 - New Rides for Camp Snoopy Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby MrSum1_55 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:54 pm

I have officially lost all hope in the human race.

It would have been more relevant if the announcement were that the park is increasing the amount of trash cans in the park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby SuperShawn » Fri May 11, 2012 9:10 pm

While it's not an exciting announcement, I'm not surprised it was something this random and merchandise related since at best I was hoping for a late night ert or some random food thing for pass holders. However I am surprised that soo many people actually expected this to be a new attraction announcement...
On the bright side people do like to collect pins (outside of just dinsey) and if this is something that helps bring any additional revenue to the park to keep adding new attractions and keep doing more of the small fix ups they've been lately, then I'm all for Knotts introducing pin trading.

[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Sat May 12, 2012 3:40 am

Wow, very interesting but doesn't Knott's already the same merchandise and pins? The more I look at the announcement, the more I think that this was meant for another park. ;)

Although maybe unexpected it really is a nice idea, especially while the focus seems to be on improving the overall feel of the park through so many smaller initiatives that a guest may not directly see before adding in what I'm sure will be a great new attraction in a year or two. Raffi did the same when he was VP&GM up here and it paid off in 2006 and 2007. There were a lot of great new ideas and attention to small details that directly improved the guest experience for all types of guests. After visiting Knott's for the first time this year, I really enjoyed the park a lot. They're definitely going in the right direction.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Location: noun - a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Postby bottom_feeder_13 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:49 am

I wonder if this was brought on by that question at WCB about bringing back the pins? Either way I think that while the way they were hyping it up was a bit extreme it is definitely a nice thing to add to the park that just helps it become one more step better than SFMM.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Thrillseeker321 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:17 am

I wasted my time for this announcement. Will Knotts ever get a new ride?

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Tue May 15, 2012 7:20 am

Remember a few years ago Demon Drop was going to be put on Screamin' Swing's location then at the last moment it was moved to Dorney? Well, since it seems Knott's wants to replace Screamin' Swing in the future, maybe a Gerstlauer Sky Fly can be built there and it can be easily themed to Ghost Town.
1:El Toro, 2:Xcelerator, 3:Gold Striker, 4:Manta (SD), 5:El Loco (Vegas), 6:Montezooma, 7:YOLOcoaster, 8:Kingda Ka, 9:Bizarro (GA), 10:X2
What a season pass??

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Tue May 15, 2012 10:22 am

XYZ wrote:Remember a few years ago Demon Drop was going to be put on Screamin' Swing's location then at the last moment it was moved to Dorney? Well, since it seems Knott's wants to replace Screamin' Swing in the future, maybe a Gerstlauer Sky Fly can be built there and it can be easily themed to Ghost Town.

I don't see Knott's removing Screaming' Swing anytime soon. It's an up charge attraction with a very striking profile. It's an additional moneymaker attraction and as long as it brings in more money than it costs to run it, it'll continue pulling in revenue.

Also what is it with you and Skyflyers? :p ;)
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Tue May 15, 2012 5:49 pm

SoCalCoasters wrote:
XYZ wrote:Remember a few years ago Demon Drop was going to be put on Screamin' Swing's location then at the last moment it was moved to Dorney? Well, since it seems Knott's wants to replace Screamin' Swing in the future, maybe a Gerstlauer Sky Fly can be built there and it can be easily themed to Ghost Town.

I don't see Knott's removing Screaming' Swing anytime soon. It's an up charge attraction with a very striking profile. It's an additional moneymaker attraction and as long as it brings in more money than it costs to run it, it'll continue pulling in revenue.

Also what is it with you and Skyflyers? :p ;)

I heard really good reviews on Skyflyers and I'm just hoping Knott's or Legoland will get one. (my two future home parks)
1:El Toro, 2:Xcelerator, 3:Gold Striker, 4:Manta (SD), 5:El Loco (Vegas), 6:Montezooma, 7:YOLOcoaster, 8:Kingda Ka, 9:Bizarro (GA), 10:X2
What a season pass??

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Location: In a boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies.

Postby Ed Farmer » Tue May 15, 2012 6:14 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:And here is the announcement from Knotts: Knotts Annual Pass Facebook Page

The wait is finally over! We are very excited to announce the launch of the Collector Pin Trading Program! Our SPH's will be able to purchase the starter package that was created exclusively for YOU! It includes the Paw Prints lanyard, Season Pass card holder and the Sheriffs Pin (See cover photo- excludes Snoopy plush). The starter package will be available starting May 18th at Gold Trails Hotel, to only our SPH's- quantities are EXTREMELY limited. Visit knotts.com/knottspintrading for rules and regulations!

579532_233263616779224_134105313361722_366571_598749542_n.jpg

Yup...

Hopefully making the announcement this early into the season means that construction will start soon, and(barring any hiccups) it will be ready early next year.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Tue May 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Ed Farmer wrote:
COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:And here is the announcement from Knotts: Knotts Annual Pass Facebook Page

The wait is finally over! We are very excited to announce the launch of the Collector Pin Trading Program! Our SPH's will be able to purchase the starter package that was created exclusively for YOU! It includes the Paw Prints lanyard, Season Pass card holder and the Sheriffs Pin (See cover photo- excludes Snoopy plush). The starter package will be available starting May 18th at Gold Trails Hotel, to only our SPH's- quantities are EXTREMELY limited. Visit knotts.com/knottspintrading for rules and regulations!

579532_233263616779224_134105313361722_366571_598749542_n.jpg

Yup...

Hopefully making the announcement this early into the season means that construction will start soon, and(barring any hiccups) it will be ready early next year.

Construction of what, a store?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!