Europa Park Discussion Thread

Page 148 - Waterpark Coming!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:21 pm

^How did you like it compared to other European wood coasters?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby fdelhomez » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:43 pm

I've not been on many woodies but I can tell you that the first drop could be compared to Tonnerre De Zeus for the intensity, and became force less for the rest of the layout, instead of that it's at the moment the funniest wooden I've ridden, as the train stops you want another ride, and the whole layout is interisting, best queue line ever (not only talking about woodies)! A very cool ride, perfectly fit Europa's skyline and type of coasters.
(I hope everyone understood what I would be meaning ;-)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby GeorgeT » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:57 pm

I think you captured Wodan...especially the indoor bits...VERY well...thanks !!!

(Besindes : The weather forecast says that FINALLY it will be getting warm here in Germany...cause since Wodan opened it was quite cold here continuously...so here`s hoping for the first REALLY fast rides on Wodan :b )

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby coaster-mm » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:51 am

Going to europapark the 7th and 8th of may.
It seems that my "better weather' prayers are working.... :lmao:

MvrGr. Paul

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:10 pm

fdelhomez wrote:I've not been on many woodies but I can tell you that the first drop could be compared to Tonnerre De Zeus for the intensity, and became force less for the rest of the layout, instead of that it's at the moment the funniest wooden I've ridden, as the train stops you want another ride, and the whole layout is interisting, best queue line ever (not only talking about woodies)! A very cool ride, perfectly fit Europa's skyline and type of coasters.
(I hope everyone understood what I would be meaning ;-)

Understood it very well! Thank you for the report. I think I will read it in a French accent now ;)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/7dc3f4130065cd34f8975814ae494df5.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/b7ac844e53348fbc2ec435ea14a13b09.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby GeorgeT » Fri May 11, 2012 5:48 pm

So, after about 100 rides on "Wodan" on about 20 different days...there`s something I`d like to say.

I think Wodan is really depending on good speeds. The layout just isn`t THAT spectacular...so the ride doesn`t deliver all the time.

Wodan is now open for about 6 weeks and today we reached about 30 C* (degrees) for the first time...and Wodan is still not as fast as it was during those first testruns on steel wheels...but it`s close now. It`s starts a bit lame in the morning...but that changes the later it gets.

As far as I know by now about the half of the german coaster enthusiasts say that Wodan is the best ride in the park...and people seem to be VERY satisfied with Wodan now...and this is alot diffrerent from what I heard in the beginning.

Yet STILL Wodan is no airtime machine at all...but the faster it gets...the "wilder" it becomes. I think it went from "good" to "very good"...but it`s not OMFG amazing...and I guess it will stay like that.

My advice for you all is...try to ride it at least once in the dark if possible...the lightning-package is awesome...Wodan in the dark is hands-down the best thing you can experience at Europa...had it once a week ago...and it was STUNNING :omg:

Greeds...George "ask Roland for nightrides" T.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby coaster-mm » Sat May 12, 2012 3:57 am

Hi,

Just returned from a 3 day trip to Europapark.

My thoughts on Wodan: the placing is beautiful between atlantica supersplash and Blue fire.
Beautiful theming on the outside with the building and the gate.
The waitingline is also fantastic. Had plenty of time to admire it :x (between 40 and 70 minutes last monday/tuesday).

The ride itself is........ok.

The first drop is great, especially going through the tunnel gives a real feeling of good speed.
The second 'drop' with the second tunnel is the best part for me. Really speeding through the tunnel and the extreme banking just before the fly-through.......loved it.

The camelback just after the fly-through was the big disappointment for me. It really kills the speed at that moment and after that hill it's just...... over with all the fun. From there on it's just an average ride till you hit the brakes.

Comparing it to the other CGI coasters I've ridden it's my least favorite, together with Gwazi(BGT).
It doesn't mean that I don't like them, but they aren't great in my opinion.
Troy(Toverland) is just a little bit better for me, and I'm sorry but.......George and the dragon(Efteling)is still my CGI number 1.
It isn't that fast or high, but it's just a lot more fun to ride compared to Wodan.

Summarized: fantastic coaster to look at and wait in line for, and a good ride.......until you arrive at the camelback.....

Paul

Postby better_by_design » Mon May 28, 2012 10:15 am

GeorgeT wrote:Well...it had this "Go there for several days or forget it" tone...and all I wanna say is that it`s MUCH better to be there for one day that NOT to be there ;)

I just went on Saturday after taking this advice - loved the park (LOVED! ADORED! WANT MORE!) and am so glad I went for that day, but if I get a chance will come back for at least 2 days. I got in all the coasters and major rides, but saw no shows, and missed so much more! (Not to mention hurrying through meals).

SO GOOD!

And thanks for the advice in your TR GeorgeT! Hugely helpful! I'll post my own as soon as I can!
"I am fascinated, always."
My Overseas Adventures TRsImage

Postby GeorgeT » Mon May 28, 2012 10:23 am

better_by_design wrote:And thanks for the advice in your TR GeorgeT! Hugely helpful! I'll post my own as soon as I can!

Sooo nice to hear that...thanks for giving me feedback !

Greeds...

GeorgeT

Postby better_by_design » Mon May 28, 2012 2:19 pm

GeorgeT wrote:
better_by_design wrote:And thanks for the advice in your TR GeorgeT! Hugely helpful! I'll post my own as soon as I can!

Sooo nice to hear that...thanks for giving me feedback !
GeorgeT

You are more than welcome! It's a huge treat to be able to read reports from regulars before visiting a new park for the first time - I always feel MUCH better prepared and get a lot more out of my visit.

You have a great, GREAT home park!

And to echo many folks here regarding Wodan:

-placement in between Atlantica and Blue Fire is fantastic (and Wodan is a great backdrop to that whole area - I love how Blue Fire has to turn away at one point from a potential collision with Wodan!)
-HANDS DOWN the best queue for a wooden coaster in the world. Period.
-The queue can be argued to be the best coaster queue in the world. Debate whether Dueling Dragons famous queue is actually better or not... with it having been Potterized, I'm giving the edge to Wodan. This is no small achievement for Europa Park!
-They seem to be having some teething problems - ride started and shut down twice between 9am opening and 10am... so I had extra time to admire the queue!
-My first ride of the day was very "meh" after the first couple elements... speed just died on it, rendering the second half of the course nice, but not exciting.
-My second (and last) ride around 7pm (extended hours) after a nice warm day in the upper 20's (C) was COMPLETELY different
-Although it seems to end a little soon (short? Plus no final signature memorable kick) the trains FLEW through the whole course, and was quite wild
-That said, it was butter smooth, quiet, no rattle, no jerking, and not a ton of force after the first pull up out of the initial drop
-In other words, a PERFECT coaster if you are aiming at a wide audience - much like Blue Fire is AMAZING without being abusive or intimidating
-If Wodan's consistency improves, I think this will be a fantastic addition to the park!

Very glad to have had a chance to ride it so early in Wodan's life!
"I am fascinated, always."
My Overseas Adventures TRsImage

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!