TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

As much as I would love to hear a new ride announcement, I seriously doubt it is. The new planters and trees actually look really good. I would almost be as equally excited if the announcement was for more planters. It's probably just another AP event though...

On another note, has anyone done the mother's day brunch at Knott's before? My mom surprisingly decided that that is where she wants to go.

^YES! Knott's really needs to scrap that. The capacity is just horrific. Why it takes a crew of two rides ops 7 minutes to check 24 seats each with an OTSR and a seatbelt is beyond me. And, the park cannot even bother to run more than one boat, (even during the summer), resulting in extremely long waits. In fact, in my many visits to Knott's, I have not gotten a single picture of Perilous in action, only because the cycles were so infrequent, I became impatent waiting for one boat to pass.

I would not miss it if it were removed tomorrow. It is nothing more than a lawn ornament to me.

^ I heard that it's super nice. One of the things KBF does well is food.... well.... at least in the restaurant.

As far as big news... Let's hope they rip out that horrible smelly stinky plunge!

Hell, replace it with a park green for all I care!

I would rather see Boomerang removed, well after I get the credit.

Even though it's a waste of space and money, once you're on the ride, Perilous Plunge is amazingly fun, even with the OSTR's. I got unbelievable airtime on it the last time I rode it.

I was really never really impressed with PP. Last time I rode it, I don't remember getting much airtime. All I remember was the large amount of pain the OTSRs put upon my chest. Wouldn't break my heart to see the PP get scrapped and be replaced by a large E-Ticket dark ride or something.

Mini Trip Report Sunday May 6th.

For the most part Morgan and I have been taking a break this year. Our only season passes right now are to Universal Studios and we've only been once (but going on Mothers Day to preview Transformers). The poor kid has always been in the lower 10th percentile for height, she's a little over a month away from being ten and is just now looking at the 52" mark.

She's been asking (read: begging) to go to a theme park and since she's a pretty fantastic kid and I had a knotts ticket from the Bert shoot last year, we went yesterday. But before consenting to go I stood her up to her custom height chart made by her Uncle Cody (calicoasters).

C360_2012-05-05-13-51-02_org.thumb.jpg.5214ca22f0d81697080c9d94484064a9.jpg

You're over the 52" mark!

Wow Morgan you're actually at the line! Went to check her coaster credits... hey you're at 39.

Now I'm excited to go, I love Morgan's little milestone credits and to get Xcelerator for 40, well that's awesome.

C360_2012-05-06-10-12-30.thumb.jpg.84537220d41ed60b925b5a780bb85add.jpg

The big 40

Got there for park opening and the crowd was very light. My one and only complaint about the staff was their absolute lack of respect for the National Anthem (along with most of the crowd). But I'm a Veteran and grew up military so I probably expect more.

We headed straight back to the credit of the day before she could overthink it and want to back out. She loved Xcelerator and we rode it twice, both in the very back, but X2 is still her favorite ride, then New Texas Giant and either Xcelerator or Goliath, she can't decide. The park crowd was still light so we moved to the exact opposite corner of the park and went for Ghostrider. I have found that if you're on the first trains of the day, the ride isn't horribly shaky. They were running gold and silver trains and we waited three trains to get on Gold It was rough, but I still love the drops on Ghostrider.

Next the frog hopper lover put on her big girl pants and did supreme scream declaring after, "That was nothing". Windseeker was still closed Been there 4 times since its been opened and the ride hasn't operated once when I was there (maybe November :fingers crossed:). Monte was closed too, a shame we both love it. Things started to get busy about 11am there were a bunch of cheer and dance squads running around. We had a leisurely day, getting on three things we rarely do, Perilous Plunge, the Sky Tower and the stagecoach ride. Had a fun day out, got wet a lot. Though the crowd was heavy, we only waited 30 minutes for Sierra Sidewinder and that was the longest wait of the day. Xcelerator and Silver bullet both had incredibly long lines and were running single trains. Ate lunch at Portillos, went back to the park briefly for a train ride and a carousel ride. The park was clean and the staff was outgoing and friendly, smiling and greeting and wishing you a good rest of the day. I love Knotts!

C360_2012-05-06-13-03-55.thumb.jpg.96ae785ecef64fc92951fdefb59d00ea.jpg

Really?

20120506_115101.jpg.8d08775f0cc5cad566cc37f8076989e3.jpg

Up on the sky tower (scariest ride in the park for me)

IMG_0863.thumb.JPG.393710432eb1176465b5912eb593a867.JPG

Morgan on wipeout

C360_2012-05-06-16-24-29.thumb.jpg.b8ce12ed32a125b4b97df0a3e3417f0b.jpg

Silly rabbit rider

IMG_0899.thumb.JPG.2b432d6d3237c5d3c291881e90bd3359.JPG

I'm becoming a carousal geek (must be old age). Knotts has a fantastic 1902 Denztel menagerie carousel (used to be at Hersey Park until 1936). Here is the flag horse, most carousels have them as the lead.

Edited by Sidra

Oh! And another thing I noticed on all rides except SIerra Sidewinder, our eyeglasses were allowed with straps on. That's a change I haven't noticed before. I search this forum a bit, but couldn't see any other mention of it. Any idea when that change came about? We both wore our glasses on Xcelerator, Supreme Scream, Ghostrider after the ride ops noticed they had straps, they said they were allowed.

Love the height chart. I will be doing this for my daughter.

Thank for the TR but why was there no Boomerang in your itinerary?

^Supreme has always allowed glasses with straps. For Xcel it looks like the park may have finally gotten Intamin to amend the "no glasses" part of the operation guideline manual. When I was a lead @ XC enthusiasts would always argue about TTD allowing glasses with straps. I would always explain the situation and 9/10 they were cool with the answer. But of course, there was always that 1 D-Bag that would sit up on the loading dock arguing for 20 minutes about his glasses.

Edited by DJeXeL

Just never got on it, every time we passed the line was long. We have both been on it a lot and neither of us had the patience for any lines today. I think we're pretty spoiled at theme parks because anything looking to be past 30 minutes on something we've already been on is just waaaay too long of a line for us.

Just never got on it, every time we passed the line was long. We have both been on it a lot and neither of us had the patience for any lines today. I think we're pretty spoiled at theme parks because anything looking to be past 30 minutes on something we've already been on is just waaaay too long of a line for us.

What day was this?

Tomorrow is the day that Knotts reveals their new Hyper Aquatrax summer appreciation coaster themed to hitler for AP kids only.

And the award for "Most-Bizarre-When-Taken-Out-Of-Context Post" goes to...

Seriously though, it'll probably be nothing big, much as ever. Cedar Fair's had quite the habit recently of really hyping up their announcements, and there's been so little mentioned about this that it really shouldn't lead one to believe in it being anything more than a "passholder day" or something minor like that. One can dream though!

And here is the announcement from Knotts: Knotts Annual Pass Facebook Page

The wait is finally over! We are very excited to announce the launch of the Collector Pin Trading Program! Our SPH's will be able to purchase the starter package that was created exclusively for YOU! It includes the Paw Prints lanyard, Season Pass card holder and the Sheriffs Pin (See cover photo- excludes Snoopy plush). The starter package will be available starting May 18th at Gold Trails Hotel, to only our SPH's- quantities are EXTREMELY limited. Visit knotts.com/knottspintrading for rules and regulations!

579532_233263616779224_134105313361722_366571_598749542_n.jpg.38f6367c62bf77335f794cf888fd7008.jpg

Yup...

Oh my god, it took me several minutes to figure out that you weren't joking and that's actually the announcement they made. What on earth would make them think they should hype that up as a "big announcement"???