TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^ Was it actually open when you were there? I have yet to see it open.

Yeah, we got there around 2pm and walked by and it was open. We did a lap around the park and came back and got a whip. The strawberry flavor is not on the menu but he asked if we wanted pineapple, mango or strawberry. They give you a good amount for the price.

As for the DOD track, you can hardly tell its there. They did a really good job at not making it so bulky, its really blends in with the tower.

^ Sounds normal to me - I heard it last week. The one thing that caught my attention was the 'Spring' opening of the drop tower

Regardless, it sounds better than that Allison chick who just wanted to talk about donuts. Annoying.

If you can stand the utter corni-ness of this video it shows some cool footage of Colossus with no MCBR---DOUBLE DOWN!

No way, only 8 coasters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxPoZctnzW4&feature=g-hist

- "I thought all roller coasters were the same"

- "Well, then you've got a lot to learn!"

Who the hell is this kid, anybody know?

I don't know why but the video won't embed.

^Nice vid!

Look at how fast the lift chain was going as it pushed the car over the top of the hill, it's hard for me to remember if I ever got on the ride being pushed over that fast. As far as I remember there's always been that slow, creep as you get up to the top.

It's also crazy how much faster it took the rest of the ride, those last dips that are pretty mediocre were flying, I bet that double down at that speed was downright insane. And those turn-arounds that are long and mundayne now probably built anticipation as the car got faster and faster as it turned around. I can imagine the ride was pretty thrilling when it ran the way it did before all the block brakes.

^ LOL!!! (apparently having only 1 player isn't working out toowell for them)

Some pics from yesterday (and some from those "other" parks) http://micechat.com/blogs/in-the-parks/3434-alice-davis-disneyland-knotts-news-dcas-buena-vista-street-cars-land-manta.html

Also, thanks for posting the video CoasterKings. I was kind of pissed the audio didn't match the pictures. It did when I uploaded it.

Brakes

Blends in very well

Queue

Station

^ I'd say closer to July. I have a feeling there is going to be a LOT of testing with this. They are going to have to test it by itself. Test it with S:EFK at various points. See if they have to time the launches with the dispatches of the drop tower, etc.

Plus, as you saw from above, the station isn't anywhere near being done. I'd say we are at least a month from testing beginning.

Got a question. Has anyone gone to an 'after hours' day? I plan to go May 18 where it will be exclusive only for AAA Club members who get the park to themselves from 6pm-midnight. Can I invite with me 1-2 more people (non AAA Club members) or does everyone have to show a AAA card? What can I expect from crowds? I figure there can't be that many AAA Club members, so even on a Friday night I would hope to get multiple rides in the dark! I would like to know anyone's experience before having to call SFMM or AAA for more detailed info. Thanks!

^ AAA night was absolutely PACKED last year. Longest waits I saw all last year (I'm not even joking).

I know in previous years it wasn't crowded so maybe people got turned off by last year and it will be back to not being busy?

As far as guests, they don't have to show their AAA card. In fact, I don't think anybody did since we bought our tickets at AAA prior to going to the park.

Based on the photos it looks like the track on LL:DoD doesn't go all the way to the top of the tower, and with a 415 foot tower it means riders may not be hitting that 400 foot mark before it drops. I may be wrong but it looks like it's gonna peak at about the half-way point of the magnets at the top of the tower.