Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Re: Alton Towers Discussion Thread

Postby Meteornotes » Thu May 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Actually, if I owned AT, I'd put on a nightly spectacular featuring the music of Strapping Young Lad and Cannibal Corpse. They'd move within a week...

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Random stuff and poop

Postby spinning man » Thu May 03, 2012 1:47 pm

For some reason, I have a bad feeling that those two will win this 'battle'. I wouldn't be surprised, with this silly court system in the UK.

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Thu May 03, 2012 2:16 pm

^ Well this is only a successful appeal against a decision that was made against them after 9 years of proceedings. Don't be so quick to call it either way.

I just hate the irony that these people are fighting this court battle with money made from a pottery company that is very loud, but the people that live near it can't go to court because they can't afford it.

I know that these guys were there before the park, but there has to be a point to just accept it. Alton Towers is a great economic benefit to the area and a favourite with vast numbers of the population. Just let it be.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dragon Khan » Thu May 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Makes me think of the Parent family (Parent is their family name) in Wavre, who have always been a pain in the a** for Walibi , ever since Sirocco opened in 82. Ever ? not really... actually in the first years, well before the Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop was renamed Turbine, they just moaned " a bit " but used to shut up because Eddy Meuws (the park's founder) used to give them enough cash compensation so they could go on holiday during the two most active months of the season (July and August). I appears they never really left on vacation but gladly took the money for many years ! And when this practice came to an end, they created "les Versants de la Dyle", an association of protesters against the awful noises this machine from hell "suddenly" generated... Now, even the end spikes of Turbine have to be enclosed...ah the power of money...
Top woodies: 1: Outlaw Run / 2: BoulderDash / 3: El Toro / 4: Phoenix / 5: Tonnerre de Zeus
Top Steelies: 1: DRAGON KHAN / 2: Expedition Geforce / 3: Top Thrill Dragster/ 4: Goliath (Holland) / 5: Superman (Madrid)

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Location: Lowestoft and the University of Huddersfield, England

Postby Troll » Wed May 09, 2012 1:54 am

Just found this on the BBC News website:

BBC News wrote:Man rescued from Oblivion ride at Alton Towers

The Oblivion ride at Alton Towers had to be closed after a man entered a prohibited area and needed rescuing.

A spokesperson for the Staffordshire theme park said a young man managed to get into the ride's tunnel at about 14:20 BST.

The ride was stopped and the surrounding area cordoned off while three fire crews rescued the man.

He was safely removed and taken to University Hospital North Staffordshire as a precaution.

The spokesperson said: "As with all our rides the area surrounding the Oblivion track is securely fenced off and ride operators reacted immediately in line with our well rehearsed safety procedures.

"A full investigation will now be carried out."

The Oblivion ride remained closed following the incident but is due to reopen again as normal on Wednesday.

Source: BBC News

When Life Seems Like An Uphill Struggle, Just Think About The View From The Top

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Wed May 09, 2012 2:20 am

^One has to ask...why? What reason would one possibly have for climbing in there?

...Besides being a colossal idiot, that is. :|
Steam|Xbox Live: Mooco2

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.” -Jeremy Clarkson

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Wed May 09, 2012 7:37 am

Troll wrote:Just found this on the BBC News website:

The Oblivion ride at Alton Towers had to be closed after a man entered a prohibited area and needed rescuing.

A spokesperson for the Staffordshire theme park said a young man managed to get into the ride's tunnel at about 14:20 BST.

The ride was stopped and the surrounding area cordoned off while three fire crews rescued the man.

He was safely removed and taken to University Hospital North Staffordshire as a precaution.

The spokesperson said: "As with all our rides the area surrounding the Oblivion track is securely fenced off and ride operators reacted immediately in line with our well rehearsed safety procedures.

The Oblivion ride remained closed following the incident but is due to reopen again as normal on Wednesday.

Maybe it was a Roper. ;)
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:11 am

Troll wrote:Just found this on the BBC News website:

There really is no hope for the human race.... :roll:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheThemeParkCentral-Official/163017053799431

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby RCT3Bross » Thu May 10, 2012 5:18 pm

What? how in the world did he get there? :| Clime over the fence or something? Really how the F*** did he get there? I don't know how to react anymore. This is just weird and stupid. That fence stands there for a reason boy don't clime on it (I think that happened). Come on seriously whats whit people these days. :?r
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2014: Efteling, Heide park, Movie park (D), Walibi NL, Phantasialand, Tripsdrill, Holiday park, Toverlan, Europa park.
The rides of 2014: Sky Scream, Flug der Dämonen, Arthur

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby andybarnes84 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:37 am

I think he went in via the other end

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!