TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Posted on the Cedar Point Fan Page, this guy had a link to his Boycott Cedar Point facebook page, thought this was a really funny read.

We went to Kings Island last year on our Platinum passes. Kings Island owned by Cedar Point. Just to find FAST LANE! Oh yeah fast Lane is fast. For those who are shell out 50.00 for One Day! Yeah Fast to them. The rest of you will sit in line now even longer! See the greed at Cedar Fair seem to be running deep. The only one's who will be able to afford the Fast Passes are the one or two timers who come to Cedar Point once or twice a year. The rest of us Platinum Pass holders (which I will not buy this year because of fast Lane) will be waiting even longer in lines.

Yes at Kings Island I waited 4 Hours for the Diamond Back at Halloween time. Yes you see right 4 HOURS! because fast lane people just keep getting back on over and over again. I vowed last year then after only getting on one ride at Kings Island that if Cedar Point got Fast Lane I would not longer be a Season Pass holder.

Season Passholders are now gonna have to shell out more money or find themselves getting 2 rides a day and that's all. Now opening day and until kids get out of school ride times will not be bad. But you wait till Jun July and Aug and you will be in line forever! That's what the owners of Cedar Point could care less about. The bread and Butter of their Company. The season pass holder is at their parks all the time. They buy food and drinks ALL THE TIME. Now this is a slap in the face to us the season pass holder. Now the once in a blue moon people just need to grab a fast pass and go around over and over again while you sit in the heat and sweat. Cedar Point says there will be a limit on Fast Lane passes sold. Please did you ever see them limit people coming into the park? Go July 4th and you will be lucky to see one ride.

There is no limit to anything that includes money to Cedar Point. They don't care if the park is packed and you see any rides. They got their money thats on you oh well! Fast Lane is a FAST RIP OFF to us the all year round customer. But that's ok Cedar Point you have your Fast Lane I said it last year and I mean it. I will never step foot in your park again! Your greed has put a sour taste in my mouth and soon other Season passholders will see how long they wait in line and will also tell you to stuff your pass where the sun don't shine. Millennium is a good 1 to 2 hour wait. But wait till Fast Lane. That will be now a 3 to 4 hour wait. You'll see in June when the kids are out of school. Thanks Cedar Fair for ruining your parks over greed!

That greedy, greedy Cedar Point......you know because they are the only park with a Fast Pass.

It looks like they disassembled it neatly. Is there any chance that they will try to sell it. I mean, I'm ok with it being scrapped. But it would be cool to see this built at a FEC or something.

Posted on the Cedar Point Fan Page, this guy had a link to his Boycott Cedar Point facebook page, thought this was a really funny read.

We went to Kings Island last year on our Platinum passes. Kings Island owned by Cedar Point. Just to find FAST LANE! Oh yeah fast Lane is fast. For those who are shell out 50.00 for One Day! Yeah Fast to them. The rest of you will sit in line now even longer! See the greed at Cedar Fair seem to be running deep. The only one's who will be able to afford the Fast Passes are the one or two timers who come to Cedar Point once or twice a year. The rest of us Platinum Pass holders (which I will not buy this year because of fast Lane) will be waiting even longer in lines.

Yes at Kings Island I waited 4 Hours for the Diamond Back at Halloween time. Yes you see right 4 HOURS! because fast lane people just keep getting back on over and over again. I vowed last year then after only getting on one ride at Kings Island that if Cedar Point got Fast Lane I would not longer be a Season Pass holder.

Season Passholders are now gonna have to shell out more money or find themselves getting 2 rides a day and that's all. Now opening day and until kids get out of school ride times will not be bad. But you wait till Jun July and Aug and you will be in line forever! That's what the owners of Cedar Point could care less about. The bread and Butter of their Company. The season pass holder is at their parks all the time. They buy food and drinks ALL THE TIME. Now this is a slap in the face to us the season pass holder. Now the once in a blue moon people just need to grab a fast pass and go around over and over again while you sit in the heat and sweat. Cedar Point says there will be a limit on Fast Lane passes sold. Please did you ever see them limit people coming into the park? Go July 4th and you will be lucky to see one ride.

There is no limit to anything that includes money to Cedar Point. They don't care if the park is packed and you see any rides. They got their money thats on you oh well! Fast Lane is a FAST RIP OFF to us the all year round customer. But that's ok Cedar Point you have your Fast Lane I said it last year and I mean it. I will never step foot in your park again! Your greed has put a sour taste in my mouth and soon other Season passholders will see how long they wait in line and will also tell you to stuff your pass where the sun don't shine. Millennium is a good 1 to 2 hour wait. But wait till Fast Lane. That will be now a 3 to 4 hour wait. You'll see in June when the kids are out of school. Thanks Cedar Fair for ruining your parks over greed!

That greedy, greedy Cedar Point......you know because they are the only park with a Fast Pass.

With all this bitching the really funny thing is this person will be going to the park, again!

I stopped reading after that part. Yeah, blame Fast Lane on the wait times, forget the fact that he went during one of the busiest times of the year.

Mathematically its virtually impossible. It can run at around 1400 RPH. That means that the FastLane processed 1400 per hour for 4 hours straight? LOL. Fail.

Maybe he shouldnt go on a halloweekend on a saturday. What a tool.

It looks like they disassembled it neatly. Is there any chance that they will try to sell it. I mean, I'm ok with it being scrapped. But it would be cool to see this built at a FEC or something.

It has already been taken to the dump. No chance at all now for it going anywhere else.

I love how so many people who have PLATINUM Passes are the ones bitching about the "high" cost of Fastlane.

With all this bitching the really funny thing is this person will be going to the park, again!

For sure, he will be going to the park within the first week.

I stopped reading after that part. Yeah, blame Fast Lane on the wait times, forget the fact that he went during one of the busiest times of the year.

I was thinking the exact same thing, blame Fast Lane for you going to the park on a crazy busy weekend and going on one of the better rides.

This guy is still making me laugh, I joined his facebook group just so I can go in there and argue with him

I know I'm in the minority but I'm not a fan of fastlane either. It's a shame that you have to shell out some extra money or wait a little longer than you have in the past but at the same time I understand it and would do the same thing if I were Cedar Fair.

I'm sure the reason they tried it out at one park last year was to see the reaction of the guests but more importantly to see if it increased profits. Obviously it did because they're rolling it out at all of the parks... which means there probably weren't many people that actually stopped going to the parks in personal fastlane boycotts. I'm sure a few people will stop going for this reason but not many, and definitely not the guy with the "Boycott Cedar Point" Facebook page.

I love how people can start a free Facebook page and think they're starting a big important movement. You're not that important, get over yourself.

Gotta fund all those rides with something.

What do you prefer:

$30 entrance fee, free parking, no fastpass

small new ride every 5 years

or

$50 entrance fee, $15 parking, $30 fastpass

big new ride every other season

I am going to CP sunday with my girlfriend and another friend. I plan on posting a PhotoTR of my day, and I will be reporting anything i see regarding fastlane. I will not be getting fastlane this time since I don't anticipate the park being super busy sunday, but I will let you know how it goes regarding my experience, like if it seems to make me wait longer, and anything else noteworthy I see.

My wife and I will be arriving on Sunday, the 13th, staying for a week at Breakers. We will be staying through the ACE Spring Conference till the 21st. We might be swinging a quick trip out to Kennywood during the week as well.

Hoping the rain stays away this year!

-=CoasterBP

Opening weekend is THIS WEEKEND! Reply to this thread if you're going to be at Cedar Point this weekend!

At least one day, maybe 2. Hopeful for good photography weather but I think I saw clouds most of the weekend

^ That's exactly the type of weather we have been getting here in Western NY this spring!

In March we hit 80 degrees, but then we got a foot of snow two weeks ago. The past two weeks, we have had two days of sun and five days of rain with temps ranging in the 40-72 degree range.

Supposed to be a chance of t-storms in Sandusky Saturday and then cloudy Sunday. Probably frost at night too!

Guys, it wouldn't be a real Cedar Point visit without some terrifying storms, random freezing wind, and then beautiful blue skies...all within the span of 48 hours.

Terrifying storms...lol, I just love the boring California weather.