TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^Borderline creepy.

Borderline?

Dave, thank you SO much for posting that. My day is complete. Now if I could just stop laughing...er...cringing....okay, both.

^Definitely creepy.

Fixed! Bad choice of a word.

Heres an update about the Matterhorn! Theres some pretty cool facts about the mountain in here.

Disney Parks Blog

Behind the Scenes: A Fresh Snowfall for the Matterhorn at Disneyland Park

posted on May 7th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Since the beginning of this year, the Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland park have been closed due to an extensive refurbishment – not only of the attraction, but of the entire mountain itself. In this video, go behind the scenes with Walt Disney Imagineering to learn how they created the new “snowfall” that will cover the mountain when it reopens in June.

I think the mountain looks great! I cant wait to ride with the new sleds when it opens!

Wow... that article Dave posted... creepy. I am a "Disneyland regular" going once or twice a week usually, but I don't really collect anything... I buy a pin now and then but my grand total is less than 10 pins and I don't really trade because I only get pins I really like and I don't care about sets. I will occasionally notice things like new planters, but not usually and I have no idea what any plant is anywhere in the Disneyland Resort besides the few behind the winery which are labeled. I should show this to my parents... they think I am a full on fanatic cause I go often... but I never really go for more than a few hours. I will go all day once or twice a year with friends... but that's quite a rare occurrence. I feel a little less nerdy now... and for the record as a Disney fanboy the restaurant and all aspects of the restaurant look good.

Now for a brief "TR" because somethings up at Disney.

I was at the park this morning from 9am until 1pm and there is some sort of "super glitch" apparently happening nation wide. It's probably fixed now... but it seemed important. They could not scan passes... like they were checking them, but they could not verify it with the scanners. There were also no fastpasses which made lines AWFUL! It wasn't too crowded, but it was crowded for an off season Monday. The lack of fastpasses made it so everyone waited in every line as opposed to coming back later which in turn makes every line longer. Also they were not allowing use of credit cards... which is a pretty big issue. I would have been kind of screwed for lunch if I hadn't been carrying 10$ with me.

Is this still going on? I would assume it's fixed... but by the same token it was down the entire four hours we were there, which is not too long but loss of credit cards means a huge lack of sales for Disney as well as a bunch of agitated cashless guests.

Lastly in this very long post I went on Mermaid. I kind of agree with Robb... nothing needed to be done, but I appreciated it none the less. The animation additions were my favorite part, but I was still not a huge fan of her hair... I liked the original hair because it was the way it was in the movie. I like how it flows behind her now though... honestly hair didn't ruin the ride, but it also did not really improve the ride.

Apparently the systems are all still down, don't know what happened today but it sounds like a huge mess.

On another note, I was making reservations for the Blue Bayou yesterday and the CM told me that they might begin taking reservations for Carthay Circle Restaurant on Thursday. I would only take that with a grain of salt because we all know how CM's can be.

I think I'm most excited about the food at Flo's V8 Cafe:

Menu

Get your engines revving in the morning with breakfast favorites like chicken tamales with scrambled eggs or French toast served with salted caramel and bananas. For lunch, try inventive cuisine like Veggie-Tater Bake or indulge in home-style rotisserie classics including pork loin, citrus turkey and New York strip loin. Top off your meal with delicious single-serve fruit pies including apple-cheddar and cherry flavors!

They have been busy beavers today over at the Disney Blog, here's a post about the Matterhorn Climbers:

Disnye Parks Blog

We Direct Your Attention High on the Icy Slopes of the Matterhorn at Disneyland Park

posted on May 8th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Matterhorn Bobsleds has always been my favorite attraction at Disneyland park. Nothing beats the giddy thrill of hurtling through caverns of ice, encountering the Abominable Snowman and splashing down in an Alpine stream.

mhc123234LARGE.thumb.jpg.eb2842b7186f27aa76d73dd92ff1955a.jpg

One of my earliest memories in the park is of walking down Matterhorn Way and stopping in my tracks when I realized there were people actually climbing the famous Swiss peak. Having real mountain climbers on the mountain is a tradition started by Walt Disney in 1959 when the attraction opened. Over the years, climbers going by the names Hans, Otto and Fritz took on the challenge of reaching the summit.

I’m excited to tell you that this summer, brave mountaineers will once again scale the icy slopes of the mighty Matterhorn. Look for them starting June 15 when the Matterhorn Bobsleds attraction reopens. Seeing them is one of those only-in-Disneyland experiences that will make you yodel with joy!

Wow, I'm impressed.

And I'll agree with the above. Despite my reservations about designing a land based on a single movie, and that movie being one I only "like" (rather than "love") I'm actually starting to get excited about Cars Land.

And for the Climbers coming back!!!

Two posts!

Disney Parks Blog

Inside Ramone’s House of Body Art at Cars Land with Auto Designer Chip Foose

posted on May 9th, 2012 by Kathy Mangum, Executive Producer & Vice President, Walt Disney Imagineering

In the “Cars” movies, Ramone’s House of Body Art is home to a great car artist – the one and only Ramone. So when it came to providing inspiration and styling inside Ramone’s shops at Cars Land in Disney California Adventure park, we turned to the best in the business – Chip Foose.

Chip was the perfect choice in many ways. Chip not only styled Ramone’s various paint schemes for the “Cars” movies, but as owner of Foose Design in Huntington Beach, Calif., he’s world renowned for his designs of customized cars, paint and wheels. Every time we’ve needed an expert to help us out with car colors, wheel designs and other specialized designs, we’ve turned to Chip. He’s spent so much time with us that we consider him an honorary Cars Land team member!

Our guests will be able to experience Ramone’s House of Body Art in two places inside the land – downtown Radiator Springs where it’s a merchandise shop, and inside Radiator Springs Racers where we go to get our paint job freshened up as we head for the big race. Chip and his talented team of pinstripers – Dennis Ricklefs, Brad King and Jeff Styles – have been on site with us recently, adding the finishing touches to both of these locations. It has been so much fun to watch them transform the spaces into something Ramone would be truly proud of. Take a look at this video and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Of course, we want our guests to feel that it was really Ramone who added all these special touches to our land. Now you know it was really my good friend Chip Foose who was behind it all!

Disney Parks Blog

Reservations Open Today for Carthay Circle Restaurant at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on May 10th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

The exciting new Carthay Circle Restaurant opens Friday, June 15, at Disney California Adventure park, with reservations open beginning today.

Recalling the grandeur of the original Carthay Circle Theatre in Los Angeles, where “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” premiered in 1937, the Spanish Colonia Revival-style restaurant is a warm setting to showcase contemporary Southern California cuisine – seasonal, artisanal ingredients; locally sourced produce, seafood and meats; hand-crafted cocktails, and California craft beers and wines.

Award-winning Executive Chef Andrew Sutton of Napa Rose brings his second concept to the Disneyland Resort, this time focusing on seasonal products and the diverse flavors found in Southern California. His protégé, Gloria Tae, also from Napa Rose, will be at the helm of the kitchen, while Chef Andrew will split his time as executive chef between Napa Rose and Carthay Circle Restaurant. “The culinary team is a group of true artists with passion and confidence for creating delicious food,” says Sutton.

rcc839467LARGE.jpg.8e5876aa962bb896479fec0c507188df.jpgrcc641156LARGE.jpg.a2c1554439ec5ec4ee66827f17b539c4.jpg

Southern California’s cultural diversity is the foundation for the global flavors. For lunch, there are delectable tastes such as crispy firecracker duck wings finished with soy, lime and Sriracha chili sauce; sautéed northern halibut with roasted red bell pepper, caperberry and orange relish; and Angus flank steak cobb salad with Mine Shaft Blue Cheese, bacon, avocado and arugula with Cabernet essence.

rcc380467LARGE.jpg.0e106aadf6769bd7b1de488a7eaf291d.jpg

The dinner menu showcases entrées like Colorado rack of lamb with fried zucchini blossoms, fennel puree and summer succotash; grilled Jamaican jerked kingfish with a tropical salsa of pineapple, mango, black beans and lime; and strawberry-lemon roasted organic chicken salad with jicama, haricot verts, upland cress (greens) and buttermilk-lemon vinaigrette.

rcc930467LARGE.jpg.3a516ffc550a9bdbb219f76f7b55a7e5.jpg

You’ll want to save room for seasonal desserts, including toasted lemon pound cake with fresh marinated blueberries, lemon curd cream and Tahitian vanilla chantilly, and “Peaches In All Their Glory” with peach and white chocolate cannolis with fresh grilled peaches and peach sorbet. (But we think the best-seller just might be the fried banana split Monte Cristo sundae with raspberry and chocolate fudge ice creams, toffee nuts and warm caramel rum bananas.)

The 256-seat restaurant (200 inside, 56 on a terrace) on the second floor of the building is open daily for lunch and dinner. Diners at Carthay Circle Restaurant can also enjoy reserved center stage viewing at the World of Color nighttime spectacular. To request reservations, call 714-781-DINE, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., or email reservation requests to dine@disneyland.com.

I can not wait to eat here, the menu looks great, like the great restaurants from Walt Disney World!