Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 625: Park expansion for 2015, adding 31 acres
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby griffonj2022 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:I'll be there on May 26 wind, rain, shine, hail, tornado, hurricane, meteor shower, or apocalypse. So it better be open.

QTF...100%. The speed on this coaster is something that I could only imagine in RCT3, and now it's finally coming to life! :airtime:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Sun May 06, 2012 11:32 pm

IanKgtr wrote:Let's hope for a smooth opening day for Skyrush, unlike the debacle that was Fahrenheit's first day of operation...

What happened?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Sun May 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Tmcdllr wrote:
IanKgtr wrote:Let's hope for a smooth opening day for Skyrush, unlike the debacle that was Fahrenheit's first day of operation...

What happened?

If I remember right a train volleyed in the cobra roll and had to be pushed out by a few guys on a crane.

(edited for accuracy, had a feeling I didn't remember it quite right)
Steam|Xbox Live: Mooco2

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.” -Jeremy Clarkson

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazywolf88 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:07 am

It also got stuck upside down at the exit of the cobra roll and rolled out by itself V E R Y S L O W L Y.

That was only because it was running empty. So from that day forward Hershey had to run Fahrenheit with passengers.
Thankfully it always has a line.
"You cannot even begin to understand what is Right until you know what is Wrong."
-Personal quote

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby coasternut » Mon May 07, 2012 7:12 am

Looks like a GREAT RIDE, thanks for the video. Looks like lots of airtime everywhere, with none of the usual Intamin (QDC) Quick Direction Changes (eg. Maverick, I305) that I don't like. I can't wait...
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

[/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Mon May 07, 2012 8:00 am

I'm wondering if it will have a stationary floor or a lowering floor. Since it's an Intamin, I'm guessing it will be a stationary floor.

coasternut wrote:Looks like a GREAT RIDE, thanks for the video. Looks like lots of airtime everywhere, with none of the usual Intamin (QDC) Quick Direction Changes (eg. Maverick, I305) that I don't like. I can't wait...

Correction: Twisties!
1:El Toro, 2:Xcelerator, 3:Gold Striker, 4:Manta (SD), 5:El Loco (Vegas), 6:Montezooma, 7:YOLOcoaster, 8:Kingda Ka, 9:Bizarro (GA), 10:X2
What a season pass??

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby coasternut » Mon May 07, 2012 9:24 am

XYZ wrote:I'm wondering if it will have a stationary floor or a lowering floor. Since it's an Intamin, I'm guessing it will be a stationary floor.

coasternut wrote:Looks like a GREAT RIDE, thanks for the video. Looks like lots of airtime everywhere, with none of the usual Intamin (QDC) Quick Direction Changes (eg. Maverick, I305) that I don't like. I can't wait...

Correction: Twisties!

I don't mind "twisties," it's the quick one direction then a quick turn in the other. For me this creates too much head banging / neck crunching into the OTSR.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

[/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby The Yeti » Mon May 07, 2012 4:25 pm

The way the back seat flies over the first airtime hill is so great, but it looks like in any row there is no escaping the airtime. I'll have to make my first trip to Hershey Park sometime this year...any recommendations on when to visit?

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby IanKgtr » Mon May 07, 2012 5:27 pm

^Either weekdays in late May, mid to late June, or very late August. Early June is swarmed by school trips, and July and August are packed with tourists. But no matter the season, always avoid Saturdays.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Mon May 07, 2012 5:32 pm

coasternut wrote:I don't mind "twisties," it's the quick one direction then a quick turn in the other. For me this creates too much head banging / neck crunching into the OTSR.

Good thing there is no OTSRs. I do see one direction change on the twisty hill thing before the final small bunnyhill, but if I'm correct your talking about the transitions between flat turns like in the beginning of Maverick and on I305. El Toro has those transitions too, but because its just lapbars, there's no possible discomfort!
Coaster Count
Intimidator 305|Bizarro|Skyrush|Millennium Force|Maverick
El Toro|Phoenix|Boulder Dash|Thunderhead|Gold Striker

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!