TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Although no 'official' opening has been set, the park has been leading everyone to 26 May, 2012.

I know I'll be there for it... and the day before, too.

It will be my brother's birthday, so I'm hoping that the ride will truly open on that day so we can go. I've been planning it for months, so I'm praying it becomes a reality!

Although no 'official' opening has been set, the park has been leading everyone to 26 May, 2012.

I know I'll be there for it... and the day before, too.

Yes, hopefully they will confirm a date soon.

I'll be there on May 26 wind, rain, shine, hail, tornado, hurricane, meteor shower, or apocalypse. So it better be open.

QTF...100%. The speed on this coaster is something that I could only imagine in RCT3, and now it's finally coming to life!

Let's hope for a smooth opening day for Skyrush, unlike the debacle that was Fahrenheit's first day of operation...

What happened?

If I remember right a train volleyed in the cobra roll and had to be pushed out by a few guys on a crane.

(edited for accuracy, had a feeling I didn't remember it quite right)

It also got stuck upside down at the exit of the cobra roll and rolled out by itself V E R Y S L O W L Y.

That was only because it was running empty. So from that day forward Hershey had to run Fahrenheit with passengers.

Thankfully it always has a line.

Looks like a GREAT RIDE, thanks for the video. Looks like lots of airtime everywhere, with none of the usual Intamin (QDC) Quick Direction Changes (eg. Maverick, I305) that I don't like. I can't wait...

I'm wondering if it will have a stationary floor or a lowering floor. Since it's an Intamin, I'm guessing it will be a stationary floor.

Looks like a GREAT RIDE, thanks for the video. Looks like lots of airtime everywhere, with none of the usual Intamin (QDC) Quick Direction Changes (eg. Maverick, I305) that I don't like. I can't wait...

Correction: Twisties!

I'm wondering if it will have a stationary floor or a lowering floor. Since it's an Intamin, I'm guessing it will be a stationary floor.

Correction: Twisties!

I don't mind "twisties," it's the quick one direction then a quick turn in the other. For me this creates too much head banging / neck crunching into the OTSR.

The way the back seat flies over the first airtime hill is so great, but it looks like in any row there is no escaping the airtime. I'll have to make my first trip to Hershey Park sometime this year...any recommendations on when to visit?

^Either weekdays in late May, mid to late June, or very late August. Early June is swarmed by school trips, and July and August are packed with tourists. But no matter the season, always avoid Saturdays.

I don't mind "twisties," it's the quick one direction then a quick turn in the other. For me this creates too much head banging / neck crunching into the OTSR.

Good thing there is no OTSRs. I do see one direction change on the twisty hill thing before the final small bunnyhill, but if I'm correct your talking about the transitions between flat turns like in the beginning of Maverick and on I305. El Toro has those transitions too, but because its just lapbars, there's no possible discomfort!

Good thing there is no OTSRs.

Yeah...the neck chops on Maverick are nothing to laugh about! Granted, even on my very first ride, I was instinctively able to lean with the turns (the forums taught me well), but it didn't completely solve the problem. [/tangent]

Went over today and recorded a few laps of it testing in the rain. I'll have an update with photos from yesterday and today up momentarily.

EDIT: For some reason the youtube video won't embed in the post. Could a Mod please fix this for me? Thanks!

Edited by Ccron10

Went over today and recorded a few laps of it testing in the rain. I'll have an update with photos from yesterday and today up momentarily.

EDIT: For some reason the youtube video won't embed in the post. Could a Mod please fix this for me? Thanks!

You have to take out all the garbage from the & till the end of the URL, it'll only embed if it's the URL with none of the other extra stuff that gets added on. By the way, that's definitely a Stengel Dive.

The way the back seat flies over the first airtime hill is so great, but it looks like in any row there is no escaping the airtime. I'll have to make my first trip to Hershey Park sometime this year...any recommendations on when to visit?

There is more airtime in the front while cresting hills while in the back there is more being pulled over hills. I tend to prefer the front of coasters for airtime, especially on Intamin rides where the ejector feels stronger to me.

The pullout from the Stengel Dive looks a bit snappy, and so does the little flipover hill. But there is really no telling how the forces actually are until anyone rides it.