TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^Great photos.

But how did you get those of the carnival coaster with green supports that 99er could not get with his one off photo? You must have a great camera or taken multiple pictures at different angles.

Yes, i am beating a dead horse for some fun... before anyone asks.

^I don't know what you are looking at the picture on but its green and purple to me. That photo was taken with an iPhone, not about to take a nice camera into that mess.

During the off season, the midways become parking lots

You actually captured my girlfriends car in your picture.

...And new bridges to the island

...There are these yellow lines all over the midways near Gemini...I think they are for vehicles, but it seems kind of silly

...I am not sure what this is for, it is a path that leads behind Dragster's locke.rs underneath dragster and into the forest.

....This is over under Iron Dragon on the Top Thrill Dragster midway. This is what I think will be Dinosaurs Alive's exit, since it is heavily themed.

You must not get to Halloweekends very often do you?

All of those are Halloweekends related, including the bridges which are not new at all.

Kinda Bummed about the Mine Ride, those Gemini Trains would have been better. Also, that elevator on Disaster Transport makes me think the ride will be there MUCH longer. That's not a cheap investment, it has virtually no ROI, either.

Cools pics...thanks for sharing! MF looks nice with that new paint job on the hill!

I wonder if the building by Luminosity is where they'll be selling drinks and snacks? That's what it looks like to me.

Sorry if this has been posted, but I got my cedar point "Getaway Guide" and it lists "17" coasters. That proves to me that they intended to have Wildcat open and operational this season considering most of those guides are printed around March and April.

My slight, ever-decreasing disappointment is more about the loss of a coaster than it is about the loss of Wildcat in particular. I've never been a fan of the Wildcat models, and this one did not stand out. However, I can tell these rides are fun for families, and I hope Cedar Point makes up for this loss with another family coaster soon.

Sorry if this has been posted, but I got my cedar point "Getaway Guide" and it lists "17" coasters.

Hey, to people like me, there are 17 now! I remember how stoked I was to get 18 credits at the park last year.

My slight, ever-decreasing disappointment is more about the loss of a coaster than it is about the loss of Wildcat in particular. I've never been a fan of the Wildcat models, and this one did not stand out. However, I can tell these rides are fun for families, and I hope Cedar Point makes up for this loss with another family coaster soon.

Sorry if this has been posted, but I got my cedar point "Getaway Guide" and it lists "17" coasters.

Hey, to people like me, there are 17 now! I remember how stoked I was to get 18 credits at the park last year.

Well, if you count Gemini as two credits...

"Like"

^I don't know what you are looking at the picture on but its green and purple to me. That photo was taken with an iPhone, not about to take a nice camera into that mess.

During the off season, the midways become parking lots

You actually captured my girlfriends car in your picture.

...And new bridges to the island

...There are these yellow lines all over the midways near Gemini...I think they are for vehicles, but it seems kind of silly

...I am not sure what this is for, it is a path that leads behind Dragster's locke.rs underneath dragster and into the forest.

....This is over under Iron Dragon on the Top Thrill Dragster midway. This is what I think will be Dinosaurs Alive's exit, since it is heavily themed.

You must not get to Halloweekends very often do you?

All of those are Halloweekends related, including the bridges which are not new at all.

It's all good and just having some fun after my not knowing this was a recent picture. I looked at the photo quickly and it looked like pre-2003 to me and responded thinking someone had a photo of when it was being repainted. I tend to look at photos quickly to see if detail grabs me. If not, then you probably have been through marketing 101. . Kind of like how most folks hate how an iPhone video was created from a certain angle. This is just part of my long boring carrier and sometimes forget that I am on a not at work.

^ Yeah, which bothers me a little bit.

Seriously, people...especially those of you who work at parks... DO NOT POST anything on TPR unless you have been cleared to do so! It is not worth your job at a park to post something here that goes against the policies that you agreed to when you took a job at a park.

There are plenty of people on TPR who work at parks, and as long as you follow the blogging policies put into place at the park you work at (I'm sure most of the big parks have this), you'll be fine.

I can tell you that *ALL* of the parks read Theme Park Review, and it is not hard to figure out who someone is.

So if you are posting something that is either questionable, you're not sure if you should be posting it, either send us an email first, talk to someone at the park, or just simply, don't post it.

'Nuff said....

Edited by robbalvey

^ Yeah, which bothers me a little bit.

Seriously, people...especially those of you who work at parks... DO NOT POST anything on TPR unless you have been cleared to do so! It is not worth your job at a park to post something here that goes against the policies that you agreed to when you took a job at a park.

There are plenty of people on TPR who work at parks, and as long as you follow the blogging policies put into place at the park you work at (I'm sure most of the big parks have this), you'll be fine.

I can tell you that *ALL* of the parks read Theme Park Review, and it is not hard to figure out who someone is.

So if you are posting something that is either questionable, you're not sure if you should be posting it, either send us an email first, talk to someone at the park, or just simply, don't post it.

'Nuff said....

Yeah I agree 100%. Once I saw they were removed I had the feeling that he should not have posted them. Unfortunately is pretty hard to moderate what was and wasn't taken with permission until the park itself speaks up or is very obvious they broke some rules to get the photos.

On the West coast, Six Flags Magic Mountain has welcomed the information very well as it now becomes the amusement park with the biggest number of roller coasters in the world totaling 17 rides against 16 in Cedar Point.

^ Well Hip Hip Hurray for Six Flags Magic Mountain - let's pass out the champagne!

Years ago, while Cedar Point was laying in Sandusky looking high and mighty and proclaiming to be "America's Roller Coast", along came Six Flags Magic Mountain that suddenly challenged Cedar Point to having the world's record for "The Most Coasters in One Park." Of course the coaster count war went back and forth between Cedar Point and Magic Mountain, and even though Magic Mountain lost some coasters during that time (like Flashback and Deja Vu), it also gain worthy replacements, plus coasters you can't ride anyplace else.

So will Cedar Point ever get it's record back, or will Six Flags build another coaster to keep it's title alive (they took out the old log jammer log flume, so what's going to stop them from putting in another coaster that matches the terrain?)?

But let's not fight over this, shall we? Please no East Coast VS. West Coast rivalry here. This should be nothing more than both parks doing what they can to please their guest and thrill their riders.

And who knows, maybe Cedar Point can add something to take the title away from Magic Mountain? Who Knows?

"If you don't stop posting and come to bed, I'm gonna have a little war on my own: I call it a 'pillow fight'!"