Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 2015 - Mantis becomes Rougarou Floorless coaster!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Spideyfreak » Sun May 06, 2012 11:40 am

The media strikes again:

http://www.newsparcs.com/en/article/00005784-cedar_point_removes_wildcat_as_part_of_the_expansion_of_celebration_city

"Cedar Point removes WildCat as part of the
expansion of Celebration City"

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby 99er » Sun May 06, 2012 12:13 pm

topdrag wrote:Photos got removed? What?

Guessing he didn't have permission to take them.
-Chris

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 06, 2012 12:17 pm

^ Yeah, which bothers me a little bit.

Seriously, people...especially those of you who work at parks... DO NOT POST anything on TPR unless you have been cleared to do so! It is not worth your job at a park to post something here that goes against the policies that you agreed to when you took a job at a park.

There are plenty of people on TPR who work at parks, and as long as you follow the blogging policies put into place at the park you work at (I'm sure most of the big parks have this), you'll be fine.

I can tell you that *ALL* of the parks read Theme Park Review, and it is not hard to figure out who someone is.

So if you are posting something that is either questionable, you're not sure if you should be posting it, either send us an email first, talk to someone at the park, or just simply, don't post it.

'Nuff said....
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun May 06, 2012 12:18 pm.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Topdrag » Sun May 06, 2012 1:30 pm

robbalvey wrote:^ Yeah, which bothers me a little bit.

Seriously, people...especially those of you who work at parks... DO NOT POST anything on TPR unless you have been cleared to do so! It is not worth your job at a park to post something here that goes against the policies that you agreed to when you took a job at a park.

There are plenty of people on TPR who work at parks, and as long as you follow the blogging policies put into place at the park you work at (I'm sure most of the big parks have this), you'll be fine.

I can tell you that *ALL* of the parks read Theme Park Review, and it is not hard to figure out who someone is.

So if you are posting something that is either questionable, you're not sure if you should be posting it, either send us an email first, talk to someone at the park, or just simply, don't post it.

'Nuff said....

Yeah I agree 100%. Once I saw they were removed I had the feeling that he should not have posted them. Unfortunately is pretty hard to moderate what was and wasn't taken with permission until the park itself speaks up or is very obvious they broke some rules to get the photos.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Sun May 06, 2012 3:51 pm

On the West coast, Six Flags Magic Mountain has welcomed the information very well as it now becomes the amusement park with the biggest number of roller coasters in the world totaling 17 rides against 16 in Cedar Point.

:lmao:

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby palmerleeberry » Mon May 07, 2012 11:53 am

^ Well Hip Hip Hurray for Six Flags Magic Mountain - let's pass out the champagne! :lol:

Years ago, while Cedar Point was laying in Sandusky looking high and mighty and proclaiming to be "America's Roller Coast", along came Six Flags Magic Mountain that suddenly challenged Cedar Point to having the world's record for "The Most Coasters in One Park." Of course the coaster count war went back and forth between Cedar Point and Magic Mountain, and even though Magic Mountain lost some coasters during that time (like Flashback and Deja Vu), it also gain worthy replacements, plus coasters you can't ride anyplace else.

So will Cedar Point ever get it's record back, or will Six Flags build another coaster to keep it's title alive (they took out the old log jammer log flume, so what's going to stop them from putting in another coaster that matches the terrain?)?

But let's not fight over this, shall we? Please no East Coast VS. West Coast rivalry here. This should be nothing more than both parks doing what they can to please their guest and thrill their riders.

And who knows, maybe Cedar Point can add something to take the title away from Magic Mountain? Who Knows?

:pillow: "If you don't stop posting and come to bed, I'm gonna have a little war on my own: I call it a 'pillow fight'!"

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SkyBreak95 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:15 pm

MM has the title for most coasters and..............

i think there's something missing here...

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Mon May 07, 2012 2:43 pm

^ Yeah, and that's Cedar Point getting a spinning coaster in WildCat's place! :lmao:
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SkyBreak95 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:47 pm

that too, but my point was anything non-coaster related :oops:

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby kennywood_racer » Tue May 08, 2012 9:41 am

Quality over Quantity :airtime:
ACE Member since 2006

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!