TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Does anyone know what refurbishments Indy was scheduled to be closed for today?

It was supposed to be a "chain replacement". Speaking of refurbs, since they just refurbed the Matterhorn, I heard it's possible that Indy might be the next E-Ticket to get next to get a major refurb this Fall.

Indy does have a chain anywhere in the attraction.

It probably has to do something with the door effect in the beginning.

Exactly right, there is a big thick chain and a big eletric motor and some gearing stuff that moves the room around on its axis for the door effect.

Indy does have a chain anywhere in the attraction.

It probably has to do something with the door effect in the beginning.

Exactly right, there is a big thick chain and a big eletric motor and some gearing stuff that moves the room around on its axis for the door effect.

After I posted that I was thinking about that as well. My bad as I totally forgot that effect used a chain.

Technically however it's only the walls that move and not the entire room per-se.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/disneyland-resort-annual-passholders-invited-to-special-20th-anniversary-fantasmic-performances/

Calling all Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders! You may have already heard about the private performances of “Fantasmic!” being held just for you to celebrate its 20th anniversary this month. Did you also know about the commemorative “Fantasmic!” 20th Anniversary apparel for Annual Passholders that will be available at select locations in Disneyland park during these special events? Check out the artwork for these commemorative items below!

In addition to the commemorative T-shirts and hoodies available for sale, Annual Passhoders will also enjoy select attractions, shops and restaurants in Adventureland, Frontierland and New Orleans Square during these special events.

There are four dates to choose from, on which this special event will run from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m., with a showing of “Fantasmic!” at 11:30 p.m. each night.

• Monday, May 14
  • Tuesday, May 15
  • Monday, May 21
  • Tuesday, May 22

Space is limited, so RSVP now! To register yourself and up to three Annual Passholder guests, please follow these steps carefully:

• Visit any open ticket booth in the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance Esplanade.
  • Present your active Annual Passport and a valid, government-issued photo I.D. as verification of your eligibility to register for the event.
  • Based on availability, select your desired event date.
  • Upon completion of your RSVP, the cast member will give you a voucher, required for admission to the event. Limit one (1) voucher per eligible Annual Passholder; multiple vouchers will not be honored.

Registration will close at 10 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, May 10, 2012, or as soon as event capacity is reached. You must be at least 18 years old to RSVP, and space is limited, so reserve your spot now!

Click here for full details and restrictions.

Annual Passholders must be at least 18 years old to RSVP for this event, but your guests (up to 3 additional Annual Passholders) may be younger. Registration will close at 10:00 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, May 10, 2012, or as soon as capacity for all event dates is reached. Registration must occur in person at a Disneyland® Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booth. Each eligible Annual Passholder is limited to one (1) registration voucher. Vouchers do not guarantee admission, and multiple vouchers will not be honored. Registrations may not be modified once they are made.

Registered Passholders and each of their guests must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event. Valid Photo I.D. may be required at check-in.

fmc123234LARGE.jpg.f4f0f15488ebc2118a92c37397cb14de.jpg

This time, its about the merch!

Disney parks Blog

New Storytellers Collection to Debut in Disney California Adventure Park

posted on May 3rd, 2012 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

With just a little over five weeks to go before Buena Vista Street opens at Disney California Adventure park, here’s your first look at the art for one of the key programs, appropriately titled “Storytellers” and set to debut inside Elias & Co. While I could spend all day telling you why I’m a fan of this piece, I thought I’d turn it over to artist Noah and Product Developer Lisa Bergman, who were able to give me a bird’s-eye view on what inspired them to create this piece and on the magic that lives on in all of us.

“The main objective was to take the gorgeous ‘Storytellers’ statue that exists in the park and create a life-like scene,” says Noah. “I wanted this piece to have the 1920s sepia-tone feel that can be seen in old vintage photographs. When I painted it, I listened to Big Band music and imagined the sights, sounds, smells and even the weather, and tried to engulf my creativity in that same style. I tried to put myself in Walt Disney’s shoes or follow in his footsteps, as some would say. How excited he must have been on the trip out here, the challenges and dreams he wanted to overcome and achieve. I thought about the luggage he carried, how he lettered his name, and his identity. Walt Disney took the gift of creativity, believed in himself and leveraged it to impact the world with the idea of families coming together to enjoy life. He used stories as the vehicle and gave the child in each of us permission to play and use our imagination.” Noah went on to say, “Every day in some small way, we are a part of Walt’s dream, whether walking through the park, watching amazing movies or television, or just spending time together. It all started with a young cartoonist landing in Los Angeles, his friend Mickey Mouse in his heart, a trunk full of dreams and ambitions, and most importantly, a lifetime of stories to tell.”

There’s so much that went into this, explains Product Developer Lisa Bergman. Its influence came from Disney Archives ephemera, which included a rough sketch of the Hyperion Studios by Ward Kimball, archival photographs of the Hyperion Studios neon sign, Walt’s business card, and pre-1937 animated featurette posters. Representative of the Disney heritage, you will find the iconic “Storytellers” artwork on an array of sepia-tone items, including sublimated t-shirts, fleece sweatshirts, a supple leather jacket, limited edition art, collectibles and more.

Debuting alongside the “Storytellers” collection is a figural piece created by sculptor Rick Terry, whose 3D art you will find as the centerpiece of Buena Vista Street. Product Developer Lisa Bergman has given us the first look at this new sculpture, replicated from the original design. Take a peek!

For details on this new collection, special events and appearances by the artists, visit http://www.ArtofDisneyParks.com.

There’s only one word for me that describes this. Magic!

nsc678486SMALL.jpg.e4bc135b13d713140b1b13176f2b7562.jpg

nsc691654SMALL.thumb.jpg.08ae367a85498177c656b6fa6e66300a.jpg

Heres an article about the new Carthay Circle Theater!

Disney Parks Blog

A Look Inside the Exclusive 1901 in Carthay Circle Theatre at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on May 4th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Carthay Circle Theatre, the iconic focal point of the new Buena Vista Street area coming to Disney California Adventure park on June 15, continues to take shape – and today we’re excited to bring you a look inside the exclusive, private 1901, which will be located inside.

nin890346LARGE.jpg.117e19aff376b34f44a6f6bc4febc9ea.jpgnin089345LARGE.jpg.36ee7bf3972b0d52a3d47210da695ea2.jpg

1901 will be a special lounge accessible exclusively by Club 33 members. Named for the year Walt Disney was born – 1901 – the club will be a warm, intimate space with eclectic light fixtures, overstuffed leather chairs, and beautiful, rich touches.

“Imagine it’s the 1930s, and this is where the animators would’ve hung out, swapped stories, doodled on napkins,” as 1901 is described by Imagineer Ray Spencer. “This is the place Walt and the animators might’ve chatted, relaxed, unwound . . . a cozy den.”

The lounge will be decorated with personal artwork and photographs of the animators from the early years of the Walt Disney Studios, including some with Walt Disney’s own signature. “The guest is sort of an insider in this backstage world,” says Ray.

As we announced earlier today, a limited number of new members will be offered Club 33 membership in honor of the 45th anniversary of the Club (June 15) and the completion of the five-year expansion of the Disneyland Resort. Those interested in Club 33 membership may request more information by sending an email to club33interest@disneyland.com.

That photo makes Ariel look just a tad creepy. Like she is about to eat a soul or something.

The hair is an improvement, I'll give them that.