TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I have a professor that I'm so done with right now.

1) Instead of cancelling class, he has a substitute when he leaves.

2) He makes attendance worth a test grade and we only have two tests in the class. Then he takes it down a letter grade each time you miss class. (Who cares? It's in a big lecture hall and WE are paying hundreds to take this class. If I'm horribly sick and choose not to come to class, then that's on me! Let ME miss the information and let ME be responsible for obtaining it.)

3) He has said racially derogatory terms without apologies.

4) He spoke about a specific aspect of Australian culture then asked a student in the class who is from Australia if what he said was right. After the student had said how the professor was very wrong about it, the professor then said something along the lines of "Well I think it's the case, so it is." Yeah, because the guy who grew up there knows less about Australia than the professor who grew up in the southern US.

5) He interrupts people giving presentations to yell at the people arriving late. There are a select few people who are coming from the opposite side of campus and have no way of getting to class on time. I get so irritated when someone is presenting and he blatantly interrupts to yell at people for being late. Nobody even cares, dude.

I could keep going on, but I'll keep it at 5.

^ College is a mixed bag my friend. I had some of the best professers in the world, and some of the most WTF professers and classes also. Who knew Music Appreciation would be one of the hardest classes I ever took? It was on par with Mass Communications Law.

Keep in mind though, college is a great experience and you will meet some amazing people and have some out-of-this-world experiences. ENJOY!

^ Music appreciation was a B**** at my college too! Everyone at my school kind of blacklisted Music appreciation as difficult and art and theater appreciation as being much easier for that type of class requirement. As sad as it is your GPA can greatly depend on the professors you get. There was nothing that pissed me off more than getting a really good and challenging professor that I had to bust my ass for to make a solid B or an A, and my room mates would take the same course with a different professor and have a cake walk to an easy A every time. It's not fair but it's the way it is.

With that being said, I always asked around other students and advisers to get recommendations on who take to for different courses . Not necessarily to get the easiest instructor but to get someone who was at least fair, and considerate and good at what they did. I would advise anyone to do the same if at all possible. I played football in college so amongst the team and our academic advisers staff we had a pretty good record of which professors on campus to avoid at all costs, but getting a recommendation from anyone is certainly helpful!

Seriously, college really is a great time in your life. I have more great professors than I do bad ones. This particular guy just stands out in my mind. Today, he totally called a student out for multiple things, one of them being that he felt the student did the assignment just to get the points for it and didn't actually want to do it. I'm sorry, but not only are we supposed to complete the screwed up assignment, but it's a requirement to actually WANT to do it now? Geesh. I don't recall ever WANTING to do an assignment. Anywho, I'm considering reporting him to the dean, along with several other students who have him in different courses.

Who wants to help me blow up an ice-cream truck? That thing is in this neighborhood EVERY DAY playing the same 30 second song over and over again. And it usually sits in the same spot for up to an hour. I know the guy is just doing his job, but would it kill him to shut off the music if he's stationary? The poor guy is probably half insane now for having to listen that damn song.

Who wants to help me blow up an ice-cream truck? That thing is in this neighborhood EVERY DAY playing the same 30 second song over and over again. And it usually sits in the same spot for up to an hour. I know the guy is just doing his job, but would it kill him to shut off the music if he's stationary? The poor guy is probably half insane now for having to listen that damn song.

WARNING: NOT SUITABLE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE EASILY OFFENDED.

Gay marriage bans are really starting to piss me off... and this is coming from a straight person. I understand the religious issues people have... but is that really an argument? I can accept the fact that people are against it as the way people have been raised for years is that being gay is unnatural or even wrong... and although those views bother me people can believe what they want. I do, however, find it absolutely revolting that people will choose religion over the potential MAJOR PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE that young people(for the most part)face. People commit suicide, people are bullied, people are terrified of their parents finding out who they really are because they will be disowned. I have nothing against religion, I was raised in a Christian household but am currently agnostic and my parents are relatively right wing conservatives and although they believe in marriage between a man and a woman they have always taught me to not look down on anyone for anything, and despite their beliefs it would not really bother them if equal marriage laws passed.

^I am pretty much in exactly the same situation with exactly the same beliefs.

I will send anyone $50 who can give me ONE good reason for making gay marriage illegal.

And the fact that coversion therapy sometimes works does not count. It really only works 10% of the time.

Well, actually, if you send me a good reason, you won't get your cash. Intolerant people don't deserve a random $50.

Just had an embarrassing bike wipeout...riding home from work, carrying extra stuff with me (Mother's day gift, delicate), I was riding when my leg got caught on the item (was dangling under my handle bars). Trying to avoid swerving into the parked car next to the sidewalk, I quickly turned the other way giving me some undesired ejector air launching me off the bike. I landed on my shoulder/hip several feet ahead, landing on my iPhone in the process. Thank God for the Otterbox case, my phone survived the full 200 pounds + the G's landing on it. The case however is toast. The car I was inches from sideswiping was missed and the Mother's day gift almost got completely damaged but survived...so in the end, I got 3 'blessings' if you want to say...though I did tear my shirt from the divebomb into the ground. I am quite sore now: hip/thigh, shoulder, and right side of the chest hurts. So yea...a nice way to kick off my weekend...

Why embarrassing? Because everyone from the offices I was riding by came out and asked me if I was OK and needed to come in and sit down/get water while I lay on the ground shouting a few expletives. The relieve was my neighbors coming behind on bikes so I walked home with them.

Gay marriage bans are really starting to piss me off... and this is coming from a straight person. I understand the religious issues people have... but is that really an argument? I can accept the fact that people are against it as the way people have been raised for years is that being gay is unnatural or even wrong... and although those views bother me people can believe what they want. I do, however, find it absolutely revolting that people will choose religion over the potential MAJOR PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE that young people(for the most part)face. People commit suicide, people are bullied, people are terrified of their parents finding out who they really are because they will be disowned. I have nothing against religion, I was raised in a Christian household but am currently agnostic and my parents are relatively right wing conservatives and although they believe in marriage between a man and a woman they have always taught me to not look down on anyone for anything, and despite their beliefs it would not really bother them if equal marriage laws passed.

I feel exactly the same way. I am 100% straight but I fully support gay rights and gay marriage. I have gay friends, and it makes me sick to my stomach to hear the things some people say about gay people.

AP Testing

I do not test well at all. Even if I know the concept extremely well, I'll fail the test. Having a rather bad case of ADHD and having a medicine that does little besides depress me, I always do terrible on tests. AP testing is going to tank my grades...

:x Some annoying people on a coaster kept swearing. I wanted to report them so bad.

I hate people like that, and this is coming from someone who has no problem swearing when the situation requires it. They just don't realize that a theme park full of kids is not a place to do s**t like that.

:x Some annoying people on a coaster kept swearing. I wanted to report them so bad.

I hate people like that, and this is coming from someone who has no problem swearing when the situation requires it. They just don't realize that a theme park full of kids is not a place to do s**t like that.

A couple visits ago to my home park, I saw someone walking around in the park with F*** printed all over their shirt. I'm sure they had something covering it when going through the gates but come on, have some class, have some pride in yourself...wearing something like that says a whole lot about you.

• 2 weeks later...