Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1082 - HHN24 Team Member Preview Night
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Five babies drowned in a fire

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu May 03, 2012 7:19 am

Q-Bots are a wonderful, wonderful invention.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu May 03, 2012 7:34 am

Something that I don't think has been mentioned yet is that Universal is doing something very wrong with the Qbots. For example on Hulk they would scan your qbot, then make you put it in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?!!? WTF?!?! Come on Universal, the Six Flags parks don't even require this. It has a carabiner for a reason!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Thu May 03, 2012 8:01 am

The only reason that I could see being somewhat reasonable is that they worry people will say if I can bring the qbot I should be able to bring...

Still beyond idiotic.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu May 03, 2012 8:07 am

^ I can see that, but it will create so many other problems. Remember, guests are stupid. What happens let say if.... the person they checked in with gets bumped from rotation, and it's a different person now at the greeter position? You've seen guests at the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. How many of them can't figure out such a simple concept of renting them, even when they are free, and it takes someone 10 minutes to go through the process.

The device is on a very secure carabiner for a reason. If anything they should just tell them "put it in a secure pocket" which also makes no sense because I guarantee you that carabiner is going to be way more secure than any pocket!

Having to check in, and then leave the person who checked you in, go and perform a task, and then come back again, makes no sense. It's actually an inconvenience to the guest and it's potentially confusing on top of it.

I really hope they sort that out.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Thu May 03, 2012 8:18 am

Um, yeah, this is really dumb. They need to fix this aspect of the QBot process. I can't think of any other park that does this with QBots.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Bitch Please!

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Thu May 03, 2012 8:34 am

As I posted when I was at SFGAm last year:

BEST INVENTION EVER!!!

And I'll be using it during our trip this summer at whatever park has them!!!

I totally agree with the above though, the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo thing makes absolutely NO sense. No other park that I've used Qbot at has this policy, and many of them have rides way more intense than Hulk.

I used to pimp out donkeys at IOA.

Postby doublestufforeo » Thu May 03, 2012 9:54 am

I'll just kindly stick it in my pocket, there is no reason to put it in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, unless they really are going to play the "overbearing mother" role with these things, which makes absolutely no sense.

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Thu May 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Given how popular these devices are at the parks they're already installed in, I'm surprised it's taken this long to get them trailed at other big chains.

The storage issue is odd, but hopefully they get all the teething issues sorted and roll these out soon!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TravisMT81 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:45 pm

SharkTums wrote:I think my favorite part of this TR is the apathy shown in the majority of your cast member photos!!! Leaning over, resting on queues, a look of utter despair, etc. :lmao:

So happy to have Qbot in Florida!!!! Long live Qbot and the Qbot Minions!!!!!

That is the first think I thought when I looked at the first picture, but then it kept going.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby OCJ48 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:49 pm

I don't mean to be a GP, but what makes Q-Bots any better than the existing ticket system for the guests who use it? It seems like it's much easier to just scan a ticket and step into line than to fiddle with a Q-Bot and wait a set number of minutes first. In addition, Q-Bots are water-sensitive, need to be returned, and require an educational video that makes lines longer and slower at every location that sells them. I have no problems with line skipping or improving existing systems, but, to me, this seems like a step backward.

Sorry to dissent from the majority, but can someone help me understand why this is the majority opinion?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!