TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

^The seatbacks look like Peeps.

That's exactly what we thought: https://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/any-peeps-wanting-see-other-mammoth-boats

I never even saw that blog post. Here's your chance to add Easter to your holiday lineup.

It's okay to venture outside of the TPR Clubhouse once in a while and read the HoliBlog. I'm pretty sure they'll let you back in afterwards ...

Holiday World has sent us a press release regarding a new Travel Channel show filming on location to highlight Mammoth.

Producers for the Travel Channel will travel to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari in May to shoot an episode of “Extreme Water Parks.”

“We’re told Mammoth – our new water coaster – was top on their list for this new show,” says park president Dan Koch. “We’re launching a video contest to search for featured riders for the upcoming shoot.”

The park’s “Super Fan Family” contest is explained on the park’s website: HolidayWorld.com/SuperFanFamily. A family of up to six members will win season passes, HoliCash, use of a Bahari River Cabana, overnights in one of the new Rudolph’s Christmas Cabins at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, plus the opportunity to be the featured Mammoth riders during the Travel Channel shoot. Producers for the Travel Channel will judge the video contest.

“Anticipation for Mammoth has been huge,” says Koch. “We’re in the testing stage right now and the test dummies come back into the station smiling ride after ride.” Mammoth is a record-breaking one-third mile long, with seven hills, including a steep 45-degree drop. Six- and eight-passenger boats are propelled uphill by linear induction motors.

The Mammoth episode of “Extreme Water Parks” will air on the Travel Channel, which is available in nearly 96 million U.S. households, later this summer.

Holiday World will open its 66th season on May 5. Splashin’ Safari, named the nation’s #1 water park by TripAdvisor.com, will open for the season on May 11 with the premiere of Mammoth – the world’s longest water coaster. For more information about the parks, visit HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-Go-Family.

7070135309_243c30e43a_n.jpg.4e611d27bbf855f70a0c6849d7bcd0c9.jpg

Yes, it's a shame that the Timberliners aren't on track yet, but I'm still geeked enough about the new track work and reprofiling to extend my trip to Indy for DCI finals an extra day so I can head down there and get some rides. The video looked great! I wonder if there's going to be some extra airtime in the turnaround section now?

^According to the numbers, there is. In the Voyage construction video posted a few months ago, Chad Miller from the Gravity Group team said that there is now an additional 0.1 second of airtime on the ride bringing the number to 24.3. Its not much, but it will make a difference.

^Then again, adding airtime to the voyage is like adding water to the ocean I'm excited to see what this renovation does to reduce injuries. I don't think I've had a headache that bad in my life...

I marathoned it and only had a slight headache. And that was before and after the JOLT before the last 90 was attended to. Call me a masochist...but I still loved it.

I did make the mistake of riding Mean Streak before it got work in the back and came away with a really nasty headache that took 1000mg+ by the time the day was over to dull the pain.

Also LOL @ anology. Love it.

• 2 weeks later...

That is SOOOOOOO . . . Cool!!! I'll be there in August wearing my water clothes and making sure that I get plenty of rides on Mammoth, and not to forget Wilderbeest, The Pilgrim's Plunge, and any old water ride the park has.

By the way, I love the soundtrack that was used for the POV video. Does anyone know what it is?

"I love it when you make your post short and sweet; it means that you'll be going to bed sooner."

Edited by palmerleeberry