Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 993: KD announces 40th birthday bash!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:30 am

bull24471 wrote:
KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
megametal wrote:Just got to say today was a perfect day to be at KD. No lines (except for Boo Blasters), great weather... I got in everything with re-rides by 4 o'clock! Season pass processing was the fastest it's ever been.

Now if only I could find out why starting last year I feel so queasy after riding The Crypt. Never used to happen. Guess I'll have to start taking Dramamine before I go to the parks.

Funny you mention that because I felt the same way after riding the eagles on opening weekend.

I get queasy just watching the dang thing.... :lmao:

Sigh...the ravages of age. LOL!!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby bull24471 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:34 am

Yea back in my teens and early 20's I could ride anything no that I am knocking on 40 old Stomach can't take it..... :lmao:

Bull This fat boy can ride I305 .... :lol:

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 am

bull24471 wrote:Yea back in my teens and early 20's I could ride anything no that I am knocking on 40 old Stomach can't take it..... :lmao:

Yeah,I'm finding the same situation here as well,Dominator sure did a number on me as well.

Postby bull24471 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 am

KDCOASTERFAN wrote:
bull24471 wrote:Yea back in my teens and early 20's I could ride anything no that I am knocking on 40 old Stomach can't take it..... :lmao:

Yeah,I'm finding the same situation here as well,Dominator sure did a number on me as well.[/

The Coasters ( except Hurler back row) Don't bother me at all. I305 made Me feel 100lbs lighter on my feet. Mostly flat rides do me in like Swings The Crypt which I still never rode and Swings forget it . I am 300bls and those chains are not big enough for me. Dominator just makes me hyper . :b

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:59 pm

bull24471 wrote:
KDCOASTERFAN wrote:

Yeah,I'm finding the same situation here as well,Dominator sure did a number on me as well.[/

The Coasters ( except Hurler back row) Don't bother me at all. I305 made Me feel 100lbs lighter on my feet. Mostly flat rides do me in like Swings The Crypt which I still never rode and Swings forget it . I am 300bls and those chains are not big enough for me. Dominator just makes me hyper . :b

Dominator's 2nd half is really intenst for me,especially that final helix but I can tolerate most flats safe for scrambler ughh. I think the wave swinger can support your weight & they've got backup cables as well so there's no need to worry,as for crypt I'd recommend skipping it as it will get you blowing chunks and the harness is hard as bricks which is the main reason I won't ride it again.

Postby bull24471 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Yea I have seen the after effects of the Crypt I believe that person had a few hot dogs that day.lol I just have a real fear of heights and things less than 2 inches I diameter holding me up.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby megametal » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:41 pm

I haven't been on many Top Spins (just The Crypt and the one at SFGAdv). Is The Crypt's program considered a tame one or an intense one? It's one flip, a fake out, and then 4 quick flips I believe. I always ride on the side facing Volcano, because the other side REALLY gets me sick.

Postby bull24471 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:12 pm

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby I521YOU » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm heading out to KD for the first time ever on Saturday and looking for advice from regulars please. I don't mind waiting in lines if they're of reasonable length, but I also don't mind paying for Fast Lane if I have to. I know it's impossible to predict line length, but for bigger rides like 305, FOF, Volcano and Dominator, what kind of lines should I expect? Are we talking an hour at most or is there a good chance lines could extend into the 90 minute+ range for these rides? What about some of the smaller "big" attractions, like Drop Tower, Windseeker or Backlot? Thanks in advance guys.

Postby bull24471 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:57 pm

I521YOU wrote:I'm heading out to KD for the first time ever on Saturday and looking for advice from regulars please. I don't mind waiting in lines if they're of reasonable length, but I also don't mind paying for Fast Lane if I have to. I know it's impossible to predict line length, but for bigger rides like 305, FOF, Volcano and Dominator, what kind of lines should I expect? Are we talking an hour at most or is there a good chance lines could extend into the 90 minute+ range for these rides? What about some of the smaller "big" attractions, like Drop Tower, Windseeker or Backlot? Thanks in advance guys.

I recommend volcano first then hit 305 fof backlot then scoot on over to windseeker then drop tower in that order. Volcano get long lines quick and so does windseeker. Last Saturday I was at the park it was cool and raining so a lot of people my come out this weekend. Even with low crowds volcano and windseeker were 30 minute waits. Dominator usually doesn't have a long wait if both trains are running. We hit it first Saturday and only in line 10 minutes. Came back .at 4:30 walk on

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!