TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Here are the few pics I got today and earlier this month this is the reason there is sunny day pics in this batch....

1689025489_SwinginKids.thumb.jpg.9e763f0848e8f82c5137943a34d6b543.jpg

And yes the Swings are still in kidsville as seen here and operating.

1204004581_Mustshotanytimecominginthepark.thumb.jpg.a653e699fc9d852329f09796dff5a663.jpg

Must pic of the fountains

156888789_resizeddom.thumb.jpg.1416c987892a2bb93e866764d2ff067f.jpg

Outside park Gates of Dominator

71163916_Dom1.thumb.jpg.809a56c2a9e5673d76b7aba1edc32ed6.jpg

Dominator first drop

dom2.thumb.jpg.c5e5480214ca66d54476ecdae02c6f4e.jpg

The last of the pics I found in this crazy computer of mine for Dominator

1456288146_I305andAndacondaLiftHills.thumb.jpg.af6c47e33e84ecd2ae4b596b1d3cb2f5.jpg

I 305 and Anaconda Lift hills. Oh by the way I rode I305 today for the first time and barely greyed on it. Rob was right that Coaster is intense and good thing lines where less than 5 minutes to none.

67458938_MyStepsononRichocet.thumb.jpg.d25fb63357d19c9b212974b5966e1dd2.jpg

My Step son on Ricochet earlier this April

backlot.thumb.jpg.d9bfb936267309801ecdbca6e19a2b15.jpg

Backlot from 9th of April when White train Valley. Was tooking while eatting a dang bacon Cheese burger .

1796807725_DodgemtoShockwave.thumb.jpg.48f72e175f628aa087eeb5185fbfbff3.jpg

Pic from Dodgem to Shockwave

I know not many Pics but like I said some of the 30 pics I took are lost .

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear I wasn't hallucinating Swing-A-Round and it's still there. I'm quite jealous of the walk-ons today.

Yeah,if the weather holds out that won't be the case next weekend....looking forward to the pics.

Sorry to say pics are a bust lost them somewhere in windows Vista. lol Yea it was nice Saturday with all the walk ons . Also forgot to tell you all white and red trains on Backlot were running. As soon as I fine those blasted pics I will get them up...

So backlot is now up to full capacity with all three trains running?

Found a few more pics of first week park was open...

1646787027_MeonDodgem.thumb.jpg.8cbc8913f6697d6d98bab0244f8c8e5d.jpg

Yep that be me in the white shirt and tinted glasses. Now you all know why I asked the questions about fat people seats on rides..:lmao:

458933_2812614248366_1649070430_2012058_391398332_o.thumb.jpg.6f455aad764d07e7eb69260172590bc8.jpg

Front of park outside the Gates

458933_2812614368369_1649070430_2012059_1420861230_o.thumb.jpg.74d170ee2b85c76c9553601ce1538eb6.jpg

SNOOPY!!!!!!! What I heard out of right ear before I was deafen from my girlfriend screaming his name. :lmao:

59989324_PicfromEiffletower.thumb.jpg.93ca86ee17d64e3e6abf8da040b8287d.jpg

Like I said cell phone doesn't justice to the park.

I'm glad to hear Backlot now has 2 trains running as it is one of the most popular family rides in the park.

I agree 100% on the family ride deal. This year is the first time I have ha the chance to ride Backlot and I am not a bit Disappointed.I hope they do get all 3 trains running on Backlot due to the line gets long by about 12. I did notice something yesterday when riding Anaconda . Was riding mid train and going up the lift hill it made a loud bang on are car. Scared my Girlfriend made me jump a little. Now I am no expert on the mechanics of a roller coaster but don't think it should be doing that. Maybe it was a one time thing where chain slipped since it had just rained.

I agree 100% on the family ride deal. This year is the first time I have ha the chance to ride Backlot and I am not a bit Disappointed.I hope they do get all 3 trains running on Backlot due to the line gets long by about 12. I did notice something yesterday when riding Anaconda . Was riding mid train and going up the lift hill it made a loud bang on are car. Scared my Girlfriend made me jump a little. Now I am no expert on the mechanics of a roller coaster but don't think it should be doing that. Maybe it was a one time thing where chain slipped since it had just rained.

I've heard that bang on Anaconda also. I was riding it last year middle train with my friend, when we heard and felt it under our car.

I've heard that bang on Anaconda also. I was riding it last year middle train with my friend, when we heard and felt it under our car.

That doesn't sound good.

Havn't gotten on anaconda yet this year so I havn't heard it yet.It could've been just one of the anti-rollbacks bouncing along the ratchet though.I've heard loub bangs from I305 & avalanche while on the lift too so I'm sure it's not uncommon.

I've heard bangs on rides too. I'm sure it isn't something to worry about. With so many things moving like the chain and chain dog and anti-rollback ratchet things probably will slip and bounce and make a bang noise. Granted, I don't know the exact mechanics of this but it can't be serious if multiple people have experienced it.

I've heard bangs on rides too. I'm sure it isn't something to worry about. With so many things moving like the chain and chain dog and anti-rollback ratchet things probably will slip and bounce and make a bang noise. Granted, I don't know the exact mechanics of this but it can't be serious if multiple people have experienced it.

I heard the same on 305 yesterday but only when it was pouring down rain. I chalked it up to a roll back popping up as well. But when my hearing impaired Girl friend can hear it it was loud....

Just got to say today was a perfect day to be at KD. No lines (except for Boo Blasters), great weather... I got in everything with re-rides by 4 o'clock! Season pass processing was the fastest it's ever been.

Now if only I could find out why starting last year I feel so queasy after riding The Crypt. Never used to happen. Guess I'll have to start taking Dramamine before I go to the parks.

Just got to say today was a perfect day to be at KD. No lines (except for Boo Blasters), great weather... I got in everything with re-rides by 4 o'clock! Season pass processing was the fastest it's ever been.

Now if only I could find out why starting last year I feel so queasy after riding The Crypt. Never used to happen. Guess I'll have to start taking Dramamine before I go to the parks.

Funny you mention that because I felt the same way after riding the eagles on opening weekend.

Funny you mention that because I felt the same way after riding the eagles on opening weekend.

I get queasy just watching the dang thing....

I get queasy just watching the dang thing....

Sigh...the ravages of age. LOL!!

Yea back in my teens and early 20's I could ride anything no that I am knocking on 40 old Stomach can't take it.....

Yeah,I'm finding the same situation here as well,Dominator sure did a number on me as well.[/

The Coasters ( except Hurler back row) Don't bother me at all. I305 made Me feel 100lbs lighter on my feet. Mostly flat rides do me in like Swings The Crypt which I still never rode and Swings forget it . I am 300bls and those chains are not big enough for me. Dominator just makes me hyper .

Yea back in my teens and early 20's I could ride anything no that I am knocking on 40 old Stomach can't take it.....

Yeah,I'm finding the same situation here as well,Dominator sure did a number on me as well.[/

The Coasters ( except Hurler back row) Don't bother me at all. I305 made Me feel 100lbs lighter on my feet. Mostly flat rides do me in like Swings The Crypt which I still never rode and Swings forget it . I am 300bls and those chains are not big enough for me. Dominator just makes me hyper .

Dominator's 2nd half is really intenst for me,especially that final helix but I can tolerate most flats safe for scrambler ughh. I think the wave swinger can support your weight & they've got backup cables as well so there's no need to worry,as for crypt I'd recommend skipping it as it will get you blowing chunks and the harness is hard as bricks which is the main reason I won't ride it again.

I haven't been on many Top Spins (just The Crypt and the one at SFGAdv). Is The Crypt's program considered a tame one or an intense one? It's one flip, a fake out, and then 4 quick flips I believe. I always ride on the side facing Volcano, because the other side REALLY gets me sick.

I'm heading out to KD for the first time ever on Saturday and looking for advice from regulars please. I don't mind waiting in lines if they're of reasonable length, but I also don't mind paying for Fast Lane if I have to. I know it's impossible to predict line length, but for bigger rides like 305, FOF, Volcano and Dominator, what kind of lines should I expect? Are we talking an hour at most or is there a good chance lines could extend into the 90 minute+ range for these rides? What about some of the smaller "big" attractions, like Drop Tower, Windseeker or Backlot? Thanks in advance guys.

I'm heading out to KD for the first time ever on Saturday and looking for advice from regulars please. I don't mind waiting in lines if they're of reasonable length, but I also don't mind paying for Fast Lane if I have to. I know it's impossible to predict line length, but for bigger rides like 305, FOF, Volcano and Dominator, what kind of lines should I expect? Are we talking an hour at most or is there a good chance lines could extend into the 90 minute+ range for these rides? What about some of the smaller "big" attractions, like Drop Tower, Windseeker or Backlot? Thanks in advance guys.

I recommend volcano first then hit 305 fof backlot then scoot on over to windseeker then drop tower in that order. Volcano get long lines quick and so does windseeker. Last Saturday I was at the park it was cool and raining so a lot of people my come out this weekend. Even with low crowds volcano and windseeker were 30 minute waits. Dominator usually doesn't have a long wait if both trains are running. We hit it first Saturday and only in line 10 minutes. Came back .at 4:30 walk on

^Hopefully Dominator's 3rd train will be running this weekend & Rebel yell should have northside running as well.

As of Saturday there was only 2 trains running and 3rd was no where to be seen. But 5 days can make a difference in getting #3 back on.