TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Soon, DCA will be worth visiting again. Radiator Springs looks great, and I hope their new E-ticket ride measures up. I'm not a big fan of the Cars movies (particularly the second one), but I am looking forward to visiting Carsland.

Great update! Thanks for posting those amazing photos.

I can't wait for the new land to open.

Perhaps our leaders (Robb & Elissa) will come back to California for the grand opening!

It would be great to see a big TPR get together for the opening of this new land.

The future for DCA looks bright!

Pixar's Cars was one of those movies that I never think about or never care to watch, until I'm actually watching it...then I love it!

I have a feeling Cars Land will have the same effect. Hearing about it wasn't so great, but seeing it is incredible! I can't wait to find time to head up there this year

Here's some great news for Disneyland! Disney Parks Blog

Candy Palace, Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor and Penny Arcade to Re-Open May 2 at Disneyland Park

posted on April 25th, 2012 by Erin Glover, Manager, Social Media and Print

Has your sweet tooth been aching during the refurbishment of Candy Palace and Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.? If so, you’ll be glad to know that both of these Disneyland park favorites will re-open on May 2!

At the new, expanded candy kitchen inside Candy Palace, you will be able to watch our talented team of Candy Makers create some of your favorite sweet treats right before your eyes. Gourmet and caramel apples, toffee, fudge and other candy classics will line the shelves of this opulent turn-of-the-century location. Take a look at some of the new, special details guests will find at Candy Palace:

Next door, Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor has undergone a transformation to make your ice cream experience easier and more convenient. With more registers and scooping space, you will be able to get your ice cream fix quicker than ever before!

You can get ice cream by the scoop or one of the specialty sundaes, but what I’m most excited about are the new floats added to the menu – in addition to the traditional root beer float, Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor will offer Coca-Cola floats and Fanta Orange floats.

And you Penny Arcade fans will be pleased to know that the arcade will also re-open on May 2 alongside Candy Palace and Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor.

cpa119032LARGE.thumb.jpg.0c424f149173a89124ac7496b9401e00.jpg

cpa228913LARGE.jpg.0f97e58ac67c79126c91d1c97dbe232b.jpg

Here is an update on one of the stores coming to Buena Vista St.

Disney Parks Blog

So Good You Could Eat It! Rock Candy Mountain at Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure Park

posted on April 26th, 2012 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

Trolley Treats is heading down the track and into your hearts on June 15 at Disney California Adventure park. So what will you find when you look inside? Well…in the window of Trolley Treats (the new confectionery store on Buena Vista Street) will be a model of Rock Candy Mountain.

For those of you who may not know, Rock Candy Mountain was originally envisioned for Disneyland park as part of the Storybook Land Canal Boats. The Casey Jr. Circus Train would have traveled around it. It was Imagineer and Disney Legend Claude Coats who worked on concept art for the mountain back in 1957, and while the project was never built, the idea will live on in the whimsical model that guests can enjoy in the front window of the candy shop. Climb aboard, because this journey will take you across the Rio Fudge, through Taffy Valley and over Dew Drop Hills to Rock Candy Mountain.

So, come one, come all! Pound for pound, this unique shop will offer temptations for anyone with a sweet tooth. Selections from our candy makers will range from gourmet marshmallows and hand-pulled taffy to caramel apples, dipped strawberries, toffee, fudge and other seasonal favorites.

Crave something more? Watch our Candy Makers amaze and delight you as they bring the magic of gourmet Disney candy-making to life, right before your very eyes.

If you’re wondering what’s next door…well, I’m glad you asked. A few additional shops will line Buena Vista Street, including Kingswell Camera Shop (sure to ‘capture’ special memories) and Julius Katz & Sons (gadgets and decor galore), as well as Atwater Ink and Paint (you’ll feel right at home).

Trolley Treats will be one sweet stop and one sweet shop! Are you tempted to try it?

rcm419536SMALL.jpg.2be613dbf0f31700e27031eeaf1c8baa.jpg

rcm238095SMALL.jpg.38b96c197b319e8299278b088d52cc4b.jpg

Perhaps our leaders (Robb & Elissa) will come back to California for the grand opening!

It would be great to see a big TPR get together for the opening of this new land.

We'll actually be on our way to Italy for the TPR Italy and Europe Trips. We're looking into visiting California around Thanksgiving though, so maybe we can have a fun get together sometime that week!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/cars-land-at-night-through-a-photographers-lens/

When night falls in Cars Land, all I can say is “get your camera ready!” For years, I’ve had the pleasure of discovering all the different photographs to be had at the Disneyland Resort once the sun goes down, so having the opportunity to explore all the new photo possibilities in Cars Land at night has been a real treat.

car118492LARGE.thumb.jpg.a5102d77a020b8a786f1dca2930ca266.jpg

When you enter Cars Land at night, you’re going to want to walk down Route 66 and take in the spectacular lights and neon signs of Radiator Springs.

CDT123234LARGE.jpg.71fde21a2879e632749ce49c9bbcc42c.jpg

This photo was taken just outside Radiator Springs Racers. You can really see the shape of the front of a car come into view in the rockwork with the way it is lit at night (the grill to the left, hood ornament on top, and even a wheel well on the right). Be on the look out for more surprises in the rockwork, some things are easy to find and some are a little harder.

car338492LARGE.jpg.951ad726e575aca73603e07e9a6a1c30.jpg

This photo is one of my favorites so far. The cars are close and you have great view of the mountain range. It was taken just after sunset and I used a slow shutter speed to show motion.

car448492LARGE.jpg.0185e5a7a90274c2e4ab82052d9c1734.jpg

Check back soon as I will be sharing more photos from inside Cars Land. I’m thinking of sharing some pictures highlighting some of the amazing (and fun) detail you’ll see throughout Radiator Springs.

^That it is. I'm glad it's getting some TLC as it's my favorite attraction at the resort. Looks like the height requirement is going to bumped up to 42".

So besides Gadget's Go Coaster, Space Mountain and Big Thunder will become the new "1st roller coaster" options.

^ Well no, Disney never releases true figures, but the reports I've heard have been in the $100 Million range.

I think we can all admit that anything more than $20-$30 Million, even for a WELL THEMED Whip is still too much (also considering there is a similar ride 100 yards away in Bugs Land). Realize it's a new ride system, and that is likely factored into the price but it's still a whip.

http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2012/04/30/disneys-little-mermaid-ride-will-undergo-changes/111668/

Ariel is about to get a makeover — a new hairdo, to be exact. Less than one year after its debut, the Little Mermaid ride in Disney California Adventure will temporarily close starting today (Monday) to undergo changes. The dark ride will reopen Friday.

Disney officials said they received “guest feedback” and decided to make some changes to The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, which officially opened June 3. See more pictures of The Little Mermaid ride by clicking on the photo, right.

Miceage.com, a Disney watchdog group, reported that John Lasseter, the chief creative officer of Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studio and principal creative advisor for Walt Disney Imagineering, asked for some upgrades. Read the full story in the Miceage.com website.

Specifically, crews will update Ariel’s hair and change two animation scenes. “Ariel will receive a new, floating hairdo in the ‘Under the Sea’ scene, and two instances of computer-generated animation in the descent and ascent scenes of the attraction will be replaced with animation sequences from Walt Disney Animation Studios, depicting Ariel as guests remember seeing her in the motion picture – the way they know and love her,” said Kevin Rafferty Jr., a Disneyland Resort spokesman. “With every new attraction, we listen to guest feedback and are always looking at the best ways to tell a great story.”