TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I have a feeling there will be several posts a day from the Disney Blog regarding the 'New' DCA...here comes another one!

Disney Parks Blog

The New Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park is a Blast to the Past

posted on April 17th, 2012 by Valarie Sukovaty, Disneyland Public Relations

Imagineers are busy putting the final touches on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure park. This busy California street will take you back to 1923, when Walt Disney first arrived in California.

Part of the décor includes colorful murals made of tiles that create a story, while also reflecting the architecture and the Spanish influence in California during the 1920s. The video below goes behind the scenes with Imagineers as they work with a vendor in Los Angeles to create each tile. Make sure you take time to see these beautiful murals this summer at Disney California Adventure park when Buena Vista Street, Carthay Circle Theatre and Cars Land open on June 15.

See, I told you, here is ANOTHER post from the Disney Parks Blog

Race in to Ramone’s House of Body Art This Summer at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on April 17th, 2012 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

I know I saw many of our Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders at the Disney California Adventure park Merchandise Showcase just last month, and I can tell you, there was a lot of buzz about the Champions Custom Speed Shop and Ramone’s Low n Slow merchandise. From work shirts, t-shirts and headwear to a vintage leather racing jacket, fans were “geared up” quite literally, as they eagerly await the opening of Cars Land in Disney California Adventure park on June 15.

I had the fortunate opportunity to catch up with Design Manager Dan Howard and Designer Tyler Dumas, both from our Disney Design Group, who gave me some insight on what it was like to create these amazing new programs and where they drew their inspiration from.

“We developed a partnership with the team from Pixar and John Lasseter. They provided us with such great creative direction – how they thought about the storyline – giving us the opportunity to bring this highly themed merchandise to life,” says Dan. Tyler shared that “this collaborative effort and focus on the details allowed us to provide authenticity to the car culture that exists out there, and it really shows in the nuances of this product.”

So how about a look at a few more items that you’ll find this June at Ramone’s House of Body Art, including the Champions Custom Speed Shop work shirt, checkered flag “head to head” hoodie, specially themed drinkware, a magnet set, journal, keychain and more?

rir293856LARGE.jpg.f0b64da02432a1b546af04bc90efc63a.jpg

I know that’s a quick look, but I hope you enjoyed it. I’m really anxious to see the stores for myself and I bet you are, too. So keep watching the Disney Parks Blog

And another! Disney Parks Blog

Look Who’s Rolling into Cars Land June 15 at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on April 20th, 2012 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

We recently told you about some of the shows and characters coming to Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure park. Well, that was just the beginning! When Cars Land opens June 15, the tiny town of Radiator Springs will also be teeming with atmosphere entertainment inspired by the Disney•Pixar film, “Cars.”

gwr598235LARGE.jpg.083510ef02e0e8e54402e02e2e806e17.jpg

Big and red on the outside, gentle and good-natured on the inside, Red the Fire Truck shows up with his sirens blaring and his bell ringing, heading to meet up with his good buddy, a Volunteer Firefighter. The Firefighter lets everyone know the flowers in the area need watering. It’s “Red to the Rescue,” but each time the Firefighter attempts to use Red’s hose, it backfires on him! In all the fun, the plants manage to get wet, and you might too!

gwr102359LARGE.jpg.73dea2be93280af95740a74a5abf6e33.jpg

Bringing a completely different kind of beat to the street is “DJ’s Dance & Drive.” DJ, the ultimate party car, rolls into town with his giant speakers, built-in disc changer and his very own dance party, led by a girl named Spinner. This gang stops traffic everywhere they go, creating a spontaneous, interactive dance party. Spinner and the crew teach us moves like the Overdrive, the Reverse and the Hairpin Turn, while DJ calls up the hits, from “Life in the Fast Lane” to “Car Wash.” DJ’s going to shift Cars Land into high gear!

Cruise on down to Cars Land this summer at Disney California Adventure park. The residents there will be glad you rolled into town!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/starbucks-coming-to-disney-parks/

Today, we’re excited to officially announce plans to bring your favorite Starbucks drinks and food items to all of our theme parks at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

In June, the first of six planned Starbucks locations is scheduled to open at Disney California Adventure park. And more locations are planned at Disneyland park and Walt Disney World Resort (Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom).

The Starbucks locations inside our parks will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Disney California Adventure park, Starbucks will be located in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café on Buena Vista Street, a place that transports guests to 1920s Los Angeles, when Walt Disney arrived in California and a cup of coffee was the perfect way to jumpstart a busy day. The store’s location plays off the Spanish/Mexican architecture of the period, and baristas will wear 1920s-inspired attire.

The café will serve Starbucks items, including coffee and espresso beverages, Frappuccino® blended beverages, and signature breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Guests also will have their choice of Disney favorites, including signature sandwiches and other items, as well as delicious desserts and sweet treats.

Let us know what you’ll be ordering in the comments.

I wonder how many options will be offered. I suspect it will still be a limited menu served by Disney food service employees. Still a major upgrade that is sure to make tons of money!

^ As long as the service isn't as slow as the current Disney employees making specialty coffee's. Even trying to get a "normal" coffee in the Market House takes too much time.

Sad that they have to send Disney employee's off to Starbucks to get properly trained. Didn't it used to be the other way around? Disney fail.

I don't enjoy Starbucks' regular coffee (tastes burnt to me even when it's supposedly fresh), but I do enjoy a frappuccino on a hot day at Kings Dominion! I'll take one at Disneyland too! Although I'm more likely to grab a Jamba Juice on the way in... and their oatmeal is sooo good... I wish we had Jamba Juice in Virginia.

I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but my wife and daughter will be pleased by this news as they are both Starbucks fans and have complained about the quality of coffee served at the DLR on multiple occasions. Whatever keeps them happy is okay by me.

^ As long as the service isn't as slow as the current Disney employees making specialty coffee's. Even trying to get a "normal" coffee in the Market House takes too much time.

Sad that they have to send Disney employee's off to Starbucks to get properly trained. Didn't it used to be the other way around? Disney fail.

And it still is, but is quality assurance to make sure these cast members are making coffee the starbucks way, it is their brand after all. Guest interaction and service will still be very Disney in addition to holding Starbuck's standards.

I honestly doubt Starbucks will care about anything other than the fat checks they are sure to be getting from this partnership after the initial launch. They'll probably treat it like any other franchise.

I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but my wife and daughter will be pleased by this news as they are both Starbucks fans and have complained about the quality of coffee served at the DLR on multiple occasions. Whatever keeps them happy is okay by me.

Not a coffee place per say, but have you tried the smoothies at the smoothie place in Hollywood Land (right on your way to Monster's Inc and that hip hop show). They have a "Make Mine Mocha" smoothie that's just amazing. I would recommend that for them.

Another update! Disney Parks Blog

First Look: Cars Land Attraction Marquees at Disney California Adventure Park

posted on April 23rd, 2012 by Kathy Mangum, Executive Producer & Vice President, Walt Disney Imagineering

I’ve already told you about the neon signs and merchandise location signs we’ve installed at Cars Land, but I’m back today to show you the marquees that have been installed at each of our three attractions. What I love about these marquees is that they are so varied from each other while perfectly capturing the essence of the attraction they represent. From Luigi’s exuberant hand-painted window sign for Luigi’s Flying Tires, to Mater’s unique take on how he’s adapted his home to host Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, to the archway that guests will pass under to enter Radiator Springs Racers, our Walt Disney Imagineering graphics team has outdone itself!

Our team continues to be thrilled daily with the finishing touches that are being put in place at Cars Land. We can’t wait for you to come and see it all for yourselves!

clm298359LARGE.jpg.3a41d735d7961ff7995838e644cb3486.jpg

clm178954LARGE.jpg.3dd8269c260770bcdf7ec3cd70c1415c.jpg

clm823905LARGE.jpg.d618bd938f37357fed2a3b9512578506.jpg

I like how they used the tires of the car as signs for the Fast Pass and Stand-By entrances--but I imagine many guests will overlook them and go in the wrong entrance, anyway.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/first-look-cars-land-through-a-photographers-lens-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Behind the construction walls of Cars Land at Disney California Adventure park, a photographer’s dream is waiting to be discovered. From the awe-inspiring rockwork to the whimsical traces of all the residents of Radiator Springs, there is so much to see (and shoot), that I thought it was time to share some of my favorite photos from this one-of-a-kind place.

onr596424LARGE.jpg.9c319eeea2492e3b170c9fd727ef4ea5.jpg

When I saw the clouds this day, I knew I had to shoot Ornament Valley. Shooting this location is like being transported to another place.

lrr4007643LARGE.jpg.544997b1a8fab4159caebf84dec2b14b.jpg

You can already imagine cars zooming by Willy’s Butte!

cac575354LARGE.thumb.jpg.5c9e1f4759217821cd8450cf47651e10.jpg

The plant life in Cars Land is really amazing. It seems like there are as many photos to take as there are cactus in the valley.

rad396433LARGE.jpg.87816a8b94cf7d326568d626a7a1e5e4.jpg

Here is a slightly different angle on the entrance to Radiator Springs Racers that Kathy Mangum shared yesterday. This arch really invites you in to this incredible attraction, not to mention photo location.

rkk397434LARGE.jpg.080a6c08ce7cd3d46a2c99072866de19.jpg

Before we leave Cars Land, it seems only fitting to show the statue of Stanley, the founder of Radiator Springs. This location is surely going to be a popular one when Cars Land welcomes guests this summer.

I’ll be sharing more unique photos from “the cutest little town in Carburetor County,” so check back soon!