TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I'm amazed at the number of people that don't get "it".

Many of these rides don't "need" Fast Lane most of the time, you are absolutely correct. It is all in the perception of the buyer. Intimidator305 alreayd pointed this out, if you are on the fence about buying Fast lane for $50, which offer sounds better? $50 for 10 rides or $50 for 15 rides. (I'm making up the exact $ amount and # of rides to make a point, so no corrections are needed).

Also, when you go on the busiest of days even being able to four of five 10-20 minute lines is a big deal.

Can someone explain KDCOASTERFAN's position on Fast Lane? I'm not sure I understand his point after reading the same thing from him 25 times.

I just feel the park should be better off putting FL on major rides like Rebel Yell, Rapids, or Crypt instead of using it on medium rides. I do support expanding the options though. It's just there are better rides to put FP on.

As for KDCOASTERFAN, he's just mad because SFA didn't do the FP system right when he went so he's taking it out on CF introducing FP's.

100% agreed with larrygator.

I just feel the park should be better off putting FL on major rides like Rebel Yell, Rapids, or Crypt instead of using it on medium rides. I do support expanding the options though. It's just there are better rides to put FP on.

I'm sure the park would have rather have done this, but just haven't do so due to the fact that making separate would be challenging and expensive to do. They have already constructed a new concrete path entrance to Avalanche and Drop Tower since opening day, but on rides like the RY, Rapids, and the Crypt making a new path isn't nearly as easy.

Yet at KD the people merge in the station so in reality it hardly affects your wait at all with the exception of Volcano (and that only allows 2 rides using FL per day now)...

I don't consider using the disabled guest entrance on some rides such as intimidator as "merging" into the station,it's more like cutting the line entirely.Now if they were to merge the lines somewhere in the middle instead of creating a seperate queue then it'd be a bit more fair but still the park shouldn't be offering the ability to bypass the lines at all just because someone pays to do so & I'm not the only one who's not happy with this as there were plenty of other guests in line for the rides we went on who were just as unhappy seeing a whole bunch of people cutting the lines as we were.

Even if the system were free I still wouldn't use it,there should only be one access point for all rides & nobody should be given preference just because they pay extra to do so.I still don't ride volcano & never did all that much even before the system was added simply because the ride is boring & "sucks" in my opinion,now I know that may offend a lot of KD fanboys here who think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread(in the coaster world) but not everyone likes it for their own reasons.

You've made your views quite clear. Please give them a rest, lest you wear them out. Everybody understands your feelings about Fast Lane.

In fact, I think everyone should give Fast Lane a rest for a while.

Edited by cfc

^I agree. We might have to start handing out time-outs. Fast Lane is happening, if you don't like it, it is time to get over it and move on.

If someone wants to ask a question about a specific detail on how Fast Lane works, that is fine. But any other discussion about why you don't like it, will be deleted and your account could possibly be suspended.

Edited by ernierocker

Not being noisy but who all planing a trip to KD this weekend?? Where planning Saturday or Sunday .

Going on may 5th....hope to get a night ride in on windseeker this time.

Heck yea that be wild to see it in action at night. I work every other weekend so I try to get go when I can.

Not being noisy but who all planing a trip to KD this weekend?? Where planning Saturday or Sunday .

Going on may 5th....hope to get a night ride in on windseeker this time.

Heck yea that be wild to see it in action at night. I work every other weekend so I try to get go when I can.

Yeah,I got a few distant shots of the lights & sign while taking a detour over there from FOF around closing on april 7th bu hope to get more next time around...perhaps I'll shoot some video this time since I only had my cell with me on my last visit.

Does anyone think that it being race weekend, that the park will be a little crowded? I might possibly go on Sunday, and kind of want to avoid large crowds

I think the race will not make much difference since it is calling for rain Saturday. Can not remember if it is a night race or not.

Does anyone think that it being race weekend, that the park will be a little crowded? I might possibly go on Sunday, and kind of want to avoid large crowds

I think the race will not make much difference since it is calling for rain Saturday. Can not remember if it is a night race or not.

Good thing I'm going on the 5th,just hope the weather cooperates as it's not looking good on accuweather's extended forecast.

I really think we'll see a kidzville expansion in 2013,or at least something for the kids to replace the cave,I just remembered that the tree swing ride was removed earlier in the year just prior to opening weekend so a much needed PS add on seems to be in the works which makes perfect sense since the kids area hasn't seen anything new since 2004 & many of the kiddie rides have been around since the park's opening back in 1975.

I wonder might we be seeing ghoster coaster be rethemed to woodstock express?

I am not repeating any rumors or here say but I think Kidsville will be next to be updated and have a makeover. Like what was said before there are rides there as old as I am and I am now 39. Heck next time I am back home see if Mom still has some Pics of me riding those jeeps and such. I did notice the other week the kids swings where gone . Just hope it isn't just a signs and paint job deal and here you go folks.

I am not repeating any rumors or here say but I think Kidsville will be next to be updated and have a makeover. Like what was said before there are rides there as old as I am and I am now 39. Heck next time I am back home see if Mom still has some Pics of me riding those jeeps and such. I did notice the other week the kids swings where gone . Just hope it isn't just a signs and paint job deal and here you go folks.

That's what I'm hoping for as well.

I'd really like to see them open up that path where the smoking area by Dominator is so you don't have to walk all the way down to the east end just to get back into the park to go toward the south end.

I could not agree more. The kids area could use a serious face lift. I will admit though I feel like cedar Fair is doing well with the upkeep of the park. I think my favorite part of the whole park walk way wise would be the vines tunnel. Its so pretty.

I am a little concerned why I saw the tree swings on the 9th...

And the Kidzville area is the most trashiest part of Kings Dominion. With Cedar Fair making all of the improvements to the park, Kidzville is most likely the next thing they will fix up

I also walked through KidZville when I was there earlier this season and could have sworn that "Swing-A-Round" was operational as well, but then again there is a slight chance I could be wrong. I know last year they were down for most of the season with the swings removed and everything. Also, on the park's website http://www.kingsdominion.com/things-to-do/kidzville it no longer says that the ride is temporarily closed.

I also walked through KidZville when I was there earlier this season and could have sworn that "Swing-A-Round" was operational as well, but then again there is a slight chance I could be wrong. I know last year they were down for most of the season with the swings removed and everything. Also, on the park's website http://www.kingsdominion.com/things-to-do/kidzville it no longer says that the ride is temporarily closed.

Someone needs to get some better pics of that area to be sure.I hardly cut through that section as I tend to go down the back path towards congo from Dominator so I havn't really seen what's going on.

Someone needs to get some better pics of that area to be sure.I hardly cut through that section as I tend to go down the back path towards congo from Dominator so I havn't really seen what's going on.

I will let you all Know Tomorrow .........

The race is Saturday night. That might make Saturday be the better bet as everyone will be outta there that night and leave almost 100,000 people to contemplate stopping at the park Sunday.......

The race is Saturday night. That might make Saturday be the better bet as everyone will be outta there that night and leave almost 100,000 people to contemplate stopping at the park Sunday.......

Good thing we're planning to go next week.

The Swings are still in Kidsville and running this morning. Besides the on and off rain showers not bad of a day for almost walk on rides. Dominator was a little busy this morning but was a walk on by 5pm. Anaconda was the same all day long And I305 was walk on at 11:00 and 4:00 to day. 305 was a bit of a stinger when the rain fell and doing 93 mph but for the most part me and the Step son had a blast on it. Did find out for sure that Shockwave is out of my coaster list now. My Shoulders are to wide for me to get in the restraints but no biggie I was riding this coaster back when it was new till a few years ago so had my far share of trips on it.

Did find out why Rebel Yell is only running 1 side right now there re tracking the side closest to the Farris wheel. Hope to see it back up and running by summer.

Windseeker was running good today even though I did not ride it or get to see the lights on it . Drop Tower running when rain let up or there was people on it. I do remember someone saying the Pizza was better this year and I have to agree it is better but Stouffer out of a box isn't the greatest but did fill a hollow spot. We stayed till after 5 by then the girls where cold 1 had lost her voice and I was getting pian waves in my left knee. ( Damn old age syndrome ) Got a few pic's to throw up later on after resizing ....

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear I wasn't hallucinating Swing-A-Round and it's still there. I'm quite jealous of the walk-ons today.

Yeah,if the weather holds out that won't be the case next weekend....looking forward to the pics.

Sorry to say pics are a bust lost them somewhere in windows Vista. lol Yea it was nice Saturday with all the walk ons . Also forgot to tell you all white and red trains on Backlot were running. As soon as I fine those blasted pics I will get them up...