TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT3 Help Thread

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I will try it as soon as I'm able to find the time.

Maybe I'm just slow in the way I build, but it takes me forever to get anything constructed in this game. Inevitably I spend much more time building a good believable station than I do creating the ride the station is for.

I just downloaded Windseeker and I have no clue where to put it !!! The read me file said Style/custom/RCT3-Advance but once I get to style I can't fnd custom/RCT3-Avance. Can anyone help me ??

If I remember right, you need to make both of those folders yourself. In style, make a folder named "custom" and in your newly created "custom" folder make one named "RCT3-Advance". Then place the Windseeker where it needs to go.

Hope this helps!

I just downloaded Windseeker and I have no clue where to put it !!! The read me file said Style/custom/RCT3-Advance but once I get to style I can't fnd custom/RCT3-Avance. Can anyone help me ??

Are you sure it isn't "RCT3-Advanced"? I have the same CFR and it pops out in my game, my file looks like this:

RCT3-Advanced.bmp

RCT3-Advanced

Windseeker.bmp

And then Windseeker!

I hope this helped Kris :)

Alright guys, I'm considering purchasing RCT3 Platinum for native Mac, but I've heard rumblings that it doesn't work properly on Mac OS 10.7 and above. Anyone know any more about this?

I just found my RCT3 Platinum in my basement after a while. The only P.C. I still have is an old IBM thinkpad laptop, which I have many unimportant parks and rides stored on. My problem is that the game runs really slowly. Will deleting the old parks make the game run faster? Side note: the rest of the computer runs quickly, and it used to run the game quickly.

No, the "speed" of the game depends on what graphics settings you are using compared to the performance of your machine. It has nothing to do with old saved games that may be lurking around, because those files are located outside of the RCT3 directory.

The game isn't very good (IMO) at predicting what graphics settings are best for your computer. In the options menu under graphics settings, click "show LOD options" and you can manually adjust the detail level and draw distance for objects in an attempt to improve performance.

Another thing, it could also be that your CD/DVD drive isn't working properly, or it may be an issue with the disc itself.

Yeah, the main problem with me for RCT3 is that whenever you get a large enough park started, it runs INSANELY slow. That is one of the great things about RCT2, IMO.

Believe it or not, you can even get RCT2 to lag with a bit of effort (I've done it a few times now). Really depends on how big the park is and, more to the point, how many things the game has to handle at once.

As for coastercrazy9, there are three easy ways to greatly speed up RCT3 on any machine. Assuming you haven't already done all of these, I'd suggest:

-Playing during the "day" only. Nighttime requires far more resources.

-Turning "reflective water" off. Reflections are another resource hog.

-Setting shadows to "static". Also helps cut down on the comps workload.

This is a really stupid question but I must ask, how do you make it so you can have peeps come in to my park without an actual park entrance. I have the custom scenery to make a custom entrance but I can't seem to find out how to make it so peeps can come in to the park with out the ones that are built on RCT3 already. Thank you.

You have to make a custom scenario. Open the scenario editor (under Tools in the main menu), and you'll open up with a blank park like Sandbox. However, you're able to change pretty much every detail you'll need, from weather to peep generation rate to anything you want to build. Thus, it is possible to delete the default entrance and build your own. Save the scenario after you place/build what you need. When you open it again, the entrance will be there.

Yeah I'm on custom scenario. I have Belgabor's Invisible Doodads but the file on RCT3 does not work properly. I can't find any other invisible entrances that download properly. I place down those little arrows to get people in the park but it only works if you have one of RCT3's entrances. I've tried changing the guest generation rate to 200% but nothing happens unless I insert one of those ugly entrances. This is what I am talking about.The entrance allows people to come in and out of the park using custom scenery.

The arrows should work regardless of what entrances you use.

I had issues with Belgabors' Invisible Doodads set too. I ened up manually deleting the folders in the file directory, and saving all my custom content folders, uninstalling RCT3, and then reinstalling it, then adding all the custom content over manually. Then reinstalled his set again. It's a great set when it works, but it's really finicky.

The arrows should work regardless of what entrances you use.

I had issues with Belgabors' Invisible Doodads set too. I ened up manually deleting the folders in the file directory, and saving all my custom content folders, uninstalling RCT3, and then reinstalling it, then adding all the custom content over manually. Then reinstalled his set again. It's a great set when it works, but it's really finicky.

Then my arrows are screwed up.

I don't know what I did wrong but I did exactly what you all said!!! I created a custom folder in style and in that folder I created a RCT3-advance for my windseeker. But when I try to use it my game freezes and then it said something like no svd for sid or something like that. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by sfgam#1

I don't know what I did wrong but I did exactly what you all said!!! I created a custom folder in style and in that folder I created a RCT3-advance for my windseeker. But when I try to use it my game freezes and then it said something like no rvr or something like that. Am I doing something wrong?

I've said it once... Are you absolutely SURE it isn't "RCT3-Advanced"? (Notice the ED part)? Go back to your original post, there's a picture of how I have the same CFR in my file...